Getting notified for posts in subforums I don't follow

Go to solution Solved by vanished,

If someone makes a post in a subforum you follow and then it gets moved, you will still have the notification

Lately I've been getting random notifications for posts in subforums that I don't follow.

The only subforum I currently follow is Tech News and Reviews, but I also get occasional notifications for posts made in Laptops and Pre-Built Systems, CPUs Motherboards and Memory, and IIRC I got one from Graphics Cards the other day.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

If someone makes a post in a subforum you follow and then it gets moved, you will still have the notification

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Ah ok.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ah ok.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Rookie. Lol, jk. Good info. Maybe a "bug" fix?

7 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Rookie. Lol, jk. Good info. Maybe a "bug" fix?

I think that would be hard to do.  Mortis would know more about this but afaik the way notifications work is they are "sent", rather than "pulled", meaning that once one is generated, that user will see it next time they check, rather than them getting a list of only what they should see at that moment when they open the menu.  The difference being that in the case of the former, it can't be rescinded once sent so there's not way to hide notifications for threads that get moved out of that section.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think that would be hard to do.  Mortis would know more about this but afaik the way notifications work is they are "sent", rather than "pulled", meaning that once one is generated, that user will see it next time they check, rather than them getting a list of only what they should see at that moment when they open the menu.  The difference being that in the case of the former, it can't be rescinded once sent so there's not way to hide notifications for threads that get moved out of that section.

Notifications can in general be revoked, but it's not something that I can change in this case.

HTTP/2 203