Oh shots fire can ltt gn

Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

We get along great with Steve. There's no bad blood here. Just a bit of friendly banter :)

Did Linus even challenge anyone to beat their score?

because from watching it over and over again there is no mention of an 'OC challenge'. I don't understand why GN feels the need to take part in this because it was never a thing in the first place. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Linus does not care

He is too busy making filler videos

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I don't understand

catering to their fan base to get more money

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Did Linus even challenge anyone to beat their score?

because from watching it over and over again there is no mention of an 'OC challenge'. I don't understand why GN feels the need to take part in this because it was never a thing in the first place. 

Clickbait title, maybe trying to shine or gather a wider range of audiences

5aad5c186297f_Screenshot-2018-3-17RIPLTTAcceptingLinusOCChallengePt12(EKWBTitanV)-YouTube.png.ff3e430fb18086afcbf16f61a125602f.png

Probably trying to scramble that much more views, shitty way of doing so..

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

5aad5c186297f_Screenshot-2018-3-17RIPLTTAcceptingLinusOCChallengePt12(EKWBTitanV)-YouTube.png.ff3e430fb18086afcbf16f61a125602f.png

But it's a competition of nothing. I'm sure if Linus wanted to challenge GN in OC competition then he would have mentioned it the video, but he didn't so where did GN get the idea that there was going to be an OC challenge?     

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

I liked it ^^ steve seems like a pretty cool dude and it's all just for fun. He said it's pretty much just plugging his OC livestream for next week.

Alex got roasted for being only great-ish lol ^^

I would love to see an LTT comeback. Honestly an OC wars series would be awesome where they have teams like in scrapyard wars. DOOO ITTTT LTT!!!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

2 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

But it's a competition of nothing. I'm sure if Linus wanted to challenge GN in OC competition then he would have mentioned it the video, but he didn't so where did GN get the idea that there was going to be an OC challenge?     

Clickbait has many forms, I'm truly sorry that you had to witness such horrors..

Seriously tho, they're probably trying to grow their numbers, or just trying to advertise their livestream. Obviously they didn't have to get Linus into this but that's not how clickbait works, unfortunately.

pretty sure linus and GN, Pauls hardware, bitwit and a few other guys get along well in the space, so alittle 'friendly' competition, call-out, or banter is always good for business.  

14 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

There's too much luck involved in the silicon lottery for that to ever pan out well

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

1 hour ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

so where did GN get the idea that there was going to be an OC challenge?     

its called getting a buzz

building buzz

so ppl watch and they get more money

no different then annoying thumbnails with silly faces

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

no different then annoying thumbnails with silly faces

Don't forget the obligatory arrows, circles, 'shadowed' objects, a completely unrelated model in the background, etc..

14 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

We get along great with Steve. There's no bad blood here. Just a bit of friendly banter :)

Oh I bet you do it's just the way GN titled and delivered this video that I didn't really like because from this it sounded like you challenged people to beat your score when in fact you mentioned nothing about an 'OC challenge' and were just happy with the score you got. You've got to agree that bringing up the hype for something that clearly doesn't exist and never did from the outset of the video release is a bad way to advertise a stream, it wouldn't be a problem if this is what you both wanted to do but it seems like GN has put you in a position in which you didn't to be in and now you have no option but to respond then GN has the audacity to tell his viewers that you came up with this 'challenge'. Sorry but that's just wrong...  

زندگی از چراغ

7 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Oh I bet you do it's just the way GN titled and delivered this video that I didn't really like because from this it sounded like you challenged people to beat your score when in fact you mentioned nothing about an 'OC challenge' and were just happy with the score you got. You've got to agree that bringing up the hype for something that clearly doesn't exist and never did from the outset of the video release is a bad way to advertise a stream, it wouldn't be a problem if this is what you both wanted to do but it seems like GN has put you in a position in which you didn't to be in and now you have no option but to respond then GN has the audacity to tell his viewers that you came up with this 'challenge'. Sorry but that's just wrong...  

No, we knew Steve was going to do this and he cleared calling us out in his title with me. 

#chill

Just now, LinusTech said:

No, we knew Steve was going to do this and he cleared calling us out in his title with me. 

#chill

But the real question is, will you guys make a video beating him? :P

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

#chill

You've got to remember I'm coming from the viewers perspective, I (we the ordinary viewers) don't know what you have planned behind the scenes. If this was already planned that's fine I just would have liked the mention in the video and much more hype on Twitter, on the WAN Show ect.  

زندگی از چراغ

4 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

You've got to remember I'm coming from the viewers perspective, I (we the ordinary viewers) don't know what you have planned behind the scenes. If this was already planned that's fine I just would have liked the mention in the video and much more hype on Twitter, on the WAN Show ect.  

You're probably part of a very small vocal minority that actually care :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

If you've noticed LTT has had them on their channel before and references their findings.   LTT spectre build beat them on the boards so they felt challenged.   It's all in good fun. 

7 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

This seems blown way out of proportion. Its nice to see such enthusiasm, but I am not sure why you are getting so worked up over it.