• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheTechnerd

Show off your old and retro computer parts

SansVarnic

Do not quote photos, Thank you.

Message added by SansVarnic

Shuttle power with C2Q 9550, 4GB RAM, 120GB SSD, DVD, wireless Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Professional

Apologies for the quality of the shot. I was without my studio lights (or studio for that matter)

Shuttle.jpg

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Shuttle power with C2Q 9550, 4GB RAM, 120GB SSD, DVD, wireless Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Professional

Apologies for the quality of the shot. I was without my studio lights (or studio for that matter)

Oh nice! I have that exact same case, except with a Pentium 4 EE 3.4 GHz (Gallatin), 1 GB DDR-400, a 4 terabyte WD red because it's only drive I could find atm, among other things. Cable management is horrible.

The Schnoz

2 hours ago, Schnoz said:

Cable management is horrible.

Those lovely little XPC boxes didn't leave much room for cable management, especially in the IDE days, the biggest issue being aftermarket power supplies, whose 24pin power leads are waaaaay too long. I'd love to get a high quality power supply with the proper length cables, but I'm unaware of any.

I know Shuttle still makes XPC systems, but they aren't as revolutionary as when they first appeared on the market.

2 hours ago, Schnoz said:

4 terabyte WD red

How did you manage that? I thought 2TB was the limit for those old systems, or is it a function of the OS instead? 

That was my first pc ever my Father bought it for me in 2006, its spec before (I upgraded it with 1 ram and a gpu) was 250 megabytes ram😭 integrated gpu Ati with 36 megabytes vram😭 160 gigabytes HDD Toshiba intel celeron anyway I named this pc "AGONY" it was ultra slow.

I hope you will like it 😉 

ckjj.png

3 hours ago, Ali Jaafari said:

250 megabytes ram

You poor poor man, that was agony working with that!

Another one of my old(er) systems.

HP Microserver N40L. Low-power AMD dual-core Turion (I think) 1.5Ghz, 8GB RAM ECC (will go to 16, but the pricetag is jaw dropping) custom BIOS, RAID with 1TB in 4 drives, low power/low profile video card (AMD something) and sound card.

Again, apologies for the quality of the shots, at home, rather than in the studio with proper lighting. This was pretty much ambient.

HPMS.jpg

HPMS_Insides.jpg

I just arrived here. I'm using schools laptop with Pentium n3350. It is shit. But school system, so no photos. I might post some on hp pinus 

22 hours ago, Ali Jaafari said:

That was my first pc ever my Father bought it for me in 2006, its spec before (I upgraded it with 1 ram and a gpu) was 250 megabytes ram😭 integrated gpu Ati with 36 megabytes vram😭 160 gigabytes HDD Toshiba intel celeron anyway I named this pc "AGONY" it was ultra slow.

I hope you will like it 😉 

ckjj.png

What did you use this computer for? Gaming? 

@RadiumAngel

Loved my old Shuttle XPC with Core2Duo E8400.  It's what I learned Linux on, basically.  Had 5 hard drives I picked up used for average $10 each and put different distros on each.  The swap was SO easy with the Shuttle.  I fact, I rarely had the case cover attached because I was trying out distros quite frequently!

9 hours ago, Marky_Mark said:

At that time I had a access to a desktop with a Celeron D 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, integrated SiS graphics, a case that vibrated and rattled horrendously and dialup. It was actually slower than the laptop that replaced it by a lot (had twice the RAM and storage though).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Does it count if it's a 8 year old TV that I still use, despite being broken to hell?
Haha. Seriously though. I also have an HD 6950 from 10 years ago.. Took Quite a beating! It's been 'Repaired' about 12 times as you can probably tell..

photo_2020-04-15_23-02-51.jpg

photo_2020-04-15_23-02-55.jpg

On 4/14/2020 at 3:10 PM, Marky_Mark said:

I was using it for gaming study and other things xD 

Here is a couple photos of my Creative Labs 3D BLASTER. :)

The card is 25 years old this year however is still in Great condition 😮

Here is a picture of the box,

1358170924_3dblaster.thumb.jpg.45115ef8baa62a9a3b1644fa98d8b072.jpg

and here is a picture of the card itself out of the box. :D

93105096_3dblasteroutofbox.jpg.86f0b48e03f0e212845d346b9a978f38.jpg

My Pc Specs

• Ryzen 3 2200g
  • MSI X470 Plus MAX
  • CORSAIR VENGANCE LPX DDR4 2x8GB @2933MHz
  • Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
  • NZXT H511 White
  • Crucial BX500 240GB SSD (2x) & WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM
  • Corsair RM850x (2018)
  • Wraith Stealth Cooler

Somewhere in storage at a previous residence is my original 286 system from 1987.  A Tandy 1000TX.  286 8mhz processor, only an 8 bit expansion bus.  I pimped it out with an (at the time) spectacularly awesome Ad-Lib sound card, a 40mb "Hard Card" (the motherboard had no IDE controller, so it was an 8 bit expansion card with a mount to hold a 3 1/2" 40mb IDE drive), a 2400 baud modem, and an extra 128k of RAM used for the video adapter.  My old room mate and I are no longer on speaking terms, or I would go over and try to retrieve it.  Man, there were some great games back then!  The original Sid Meier Microprose games like Pirates or M1 Tank Platoon, any of the Lucasarts sims games like Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe or Battle of Britain.  Man, memory lane!

I compelty forgot what CPU i have in this system i built in 2006, but i am sure its got 2x 10GB drives, and a silen x fan on the back.

Think its an MX200 AGP

myrig2006_2.jpg

On 12/20/2013 at 8:26 AM, Lanoi said:

E4500? yum. Currently have DDR2 in my system, so I can't show it off. Don't have anything old because I'm 12.

EDIT -- 23-7-14 I do not run my system with DDR2 anymore. I still have a Core 2 Quad Q9500, a E7500, and a E5300.

Dude.. I'm 13 and have an i5 750 with an Nvidia GTS 250 and all the other bells and whistles (found on a throw out pile recently)... powers on but no ddr3 ram. Tried to run it but no post... I think it is to do with the cpu socket and the fact that it has no RAM.

IMG_8135.JPG

IMG_8137.JPG

No RAM - No POST.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

10 hours ago, tomriderx said:

Dude.. I'm 13 and have an i5 750 with an Nvidia GTS 250 and all the other bells and whistles (found on a throw out pile recently)... powers on but no ddr3 ram. Tried to run it but no post... I think it is to do with the cpu socket and the fact that it has no RAM.

IMG_8135.JPG

IMG_8137.JPG

If it wasn't for Covid and your very young age I'd check my stockpile to see if I had a spare stick or two laying around. I know eBay always has some for cheap. If you can find 4 GB DDR3 1600 you can easily OC that CPU and learn some about overclocking and computers without harming expensive hardware.

Seriously, ask a parent or older sibling nicely to get you some from eBay. If you'd like I can search for some good auctions and message you links.

Actually, what motherboard are you using? Might not allow for OC? BTW, the i5 750 was a good CPU for OC back in the day, they could run 3.6ghz and sometimes 4ghz on air cooling!

A couple of days ago I've played MW on my 10 year old i7-970 @4GHz (used to run at 4.2, but now being slightly nicer with the old fart :P) I leave at a friend's... Running great at 50% usage, it's a bit of a furnace that gives quite a bit of work to the NH-D14 though :)

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

If it wasn't for Covid and your very young age I'd check my stockpile to see if I had a spare stick or two laying around. I know eBay always has some for cheap. If you can find 4 GB DDR3 1600 you can easily OC that CPU and learn some about overclocking and computers without harming expensive hardware.

Seriously, ask a parent or older sibling nicely to get you some from eBay. If you'd like I can search for some good auctions and message you links.

Actually, what motherboard are you using? Might not allow for OC? BTW, the i5 750 was a good CPU for OC back in the day, they could run 3.6ghz and sometimes 4ghz on air cooling!

I would try it but i think there are two bent pins in the cpu socket, so i don't really want to spend any money on it if it won't work... (i think that might be the reason it was thrown out...)

2 hours ago, tomriderx said:

I would try it but i think there are two bent pins in the cpu socket, so i don't really want to spend any money on it if it won't work... (i think that might be the reason it was thrown out...)

Well if you've got some memory from another PC you could borrow...You can also find a literal map of the socket and see if those are important pins or not. If they're not important then it very well may still work! If they're not terribly bent you can watch some videos and maybe get them worked back into working.

I have a Sinclair Spectrum, it was my mom's computer, it is in great condition, but its a model built for use in israel, and I live in the us, so power frequencies wouldn't make it work, also I don't a display that'll work with it. But it looks cool