Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

Yea you could get some money out of that.

But for me I would keep it, I love old computers.

Make sure it boots into the OS, most of these had HDD issues.

And look at the back, what does it say. The 1MB RAM version is most popular.

This version was released in 1984, so a very nice collectible, GET IT NOW!

And dat plastic is still white, this could go for crap tons! Most have yellowed plastic!

Look at this beat-up one for $700

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Apple-Macintosh-128K-System-Very-Early-Production-Date-Non-Upgraded-/331240633594?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item4d1f7af4fa

You might need this too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Museum-Display-Case-for-your-Rare-Macintosh-128K-of-512K-Mac-not-included-/151065555022?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item232c35704e

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Why not just buy it then mod it to fit modern components? :D

it has a retro apple logo on it, some hipster would buy that from you on ebay for way to much just because it is retro apple. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

How much is it being listed for?

not sure, but it's chea p for sure

Why not just buy it then mod it to fit modern components? :D

cuz it's du antique :)

exactly why I'm asking

Yea. $700> if it still works. And the plastic is perfect so extra $$$.

sorry here it is. It comes with the mouse, keyboard, and floppy reader

Buy it, but what is the model number on the back and any other info. Some models will have the entire Macintosh division signatures on the inside of the case.

Yea you could get some money out of that.

But for me I would keep it, I love old computers.

Make sure it boots into the OS, most of these had HDD issues.

And look at the back, what does it say. The 1MB RAM version is most popular.

This version was released in 1984, so a very nice collectible, GET IT NOW!

And dat plastic is still white, this could go for crap tons! Most have yellowed plastic!

Look at this beat-up one for $700

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Apple-Macintosh-128K-System-Very-Early-Production-Date-Non-Upgraded-/331240633594?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item4d1f7af4fa

You might need this too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Museum-Display-Case-for-your-Rare-Macintosh-128K-of-512K-Mac-not-included-/151065555022?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item232c35704e

Yea. $700> if it still works. And the plastic is perfect so extra $$$.

alright, I'll go get it. I'll update u guys later

Buy it, but what is the model number on the back and any other info. Some models will have the entire Macintosh division signatures on the inside of the case.

I dunno model # or any other info. I'm outside, and I won't be going past the garage sale for about an hour.

I dunno model # or any other info. I'm outside, and I won't be going past the garage sale for about an hour.

I just took a quick look on eBay and they go for a good price especially if it's in working condition

Isn't this PC so old? It's a garage sale. Should I purchase it and sell it for more on the internet? Thanks

definitly pick it up, i would probably keep it, always wanted atleast one retro computer

Its time for an upgrade. Brand new 72pin EDO RAM.

As in actually brand-new, never opened??? How many megabytes is each stick?

BTW, your camera is rather terrible.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Here are a few of my goodies :D

-Windows 98 disc-

I also have a genuine Windows XP Professional x64 laying around somewhere.

You'll be amazed how many links are on the pirate bay for W98.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

That's not the point though. It's cool to own an original disk :)

I know. But seeing them all on pirate be makes me remember using that OS in primary school. Downloaded one and used it for a while. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Most of my RAM

HZUmHEY.jpg

Intel WS440BX Motherboard with Intel Pentium 3 500MHz "Katamai"

vaPVSia.jpg

Close-up of the processor

dScIw8g.jpg

ASUS nVidia TNT2 RIVA 32MB AGP 4X

WCtgzc7.jpg

Chaintech or PNY nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP 8X

Eu50bWm.jpg

ATI Radeon X1650 Pro PowerColor Edition 256MB GDDR2 AGP 8X

xg5cDsp.jpg

3dfx VooDoo3 3000 16MB AGP 2X

0ryGT4B.jpg

Close-up

Bez141i.jpg

The pins

dc9WDnR.jpg

Soundblaster 16, Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Digital, Riptide PC80079

IYmDH4i.jpg

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8 40GB, Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 40GB, and an IntelliPoint CD.

pxGl6pX.jpg

I too have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 around somewhere, and an AGP graphics card with a missing inductor. Will post pics when I can.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

As in actually brand-new, never opened??? How many megabytes is each stick?

BTW, your camera is rather terrible.

Yep, brand new, never opened. Each box has two sticks, each stick is 16mb, so thats a whopping 64mb of ram.

Yeah, I lost my camera so I used my Nexus 7. I don't know why but it seems that the nexus 7 camera is just getting worse over time 0.o

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I also recently got a new Socket 7 motherboard. This is the first S7 ATX board that I've ever had. It even has AGP. I'm definitely building something with this.

wgUmggT.jpg

MlpeWYAl.jpg

Also it came with an AMD k6-III 450mhz.

qonmBbBl.jpg

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I also recently got a new Socket 7 motherboard. This is the first S7 ATX board that I've ever had. It even has AGP. I'm definitely building something with this.

wgUmggT.jpg

MlpeWYAl.jpg

Also it came with an AMD k6-III 450mhz.

qonmBbBl.jpg

I dunno why, but it feels like the socket is trying to escape the board.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I have over 450 sticks of Kingston DDR2 ram somewhere in the basement and I have 9 Pentium 4 CPUs.

I'll post the bags of ram later.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I have over 450 sticks of Kingston DDR2 ram somewhere in the basement and I have 9 Pentium 4 CPUs.

I'll post the bags of ram later.

post-7478-0-90286700-1405634759_thumb.jp

Do this ^^^

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"