Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheTechnerd

Show off your old and retro computer parts

6 hours ago, Pasi123 said:

ICL MikroMikko Ergo X from 1996. Made in Finland.

Specs: Intel Pentium 133MHz, 64MB RAM, ATI Mach 64, Sound Blaster 16, 1GB HDD

I haven't seen many older PCs made outside the USA like yours.  Thanks for sharing.

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz -- Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF -- Team Group 16 GB DDR4 2400 (16-16-16-39) -- Gigabyte GTX 1070 -- NZXT S340 -- Windows 10 64-Bit

My Mum's chipped Xbox. Which still works with these exploded caps. Not even my Asus slot 1 motherboard had them fail this badly. And those weren't nichicon caps either.

20190212_070900.thumb.jpg.01f62b6ad29fe07b518a0f5bf07c22b0.jpg

20190212_071015.thumb.jpg.9d3177f79d37472e5809ce8548ed2d95.jpg

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Another piece of the windows xp build arrived.

it has a TMD fan

this is the 478 version of the 462 cooler Linus used in his first gaming pc 

its loud 

IMG_3683.JPG

Also this thing was drastically cheaper than the cooler master jet 4, which later died anyway, so let's see if it can match its performance

im still mad about that jet 4

Pro tip, before you reply to an question or topic, answer these three questions:

1) Do I actually have an answer for OP at all?

2) Am I giving an answer that is based in multiple reliable source tests and not personal opinion or heresay?

3) Is my answer on topic, clear and concise?

If you answered "no" to any of those, close the tab.

Do not give people information you personally think is correct. Source, research and then reply. If you plain and simple don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it. It's harmful to support questions on forums to be providing people with wrong or misleading information. As well as going off topic from the original question.

i.e. "What B360 motherboard should I buy?"

>someone replies with a PC partpicker list with a ryzen system

Not what was asked.

Was in my parents basement and found my second GPU, my dad's old laptop and some board that says 1978! I know we have some other cools things I'll have to commit to finding some day but this is all for now. Also my mother threw away a very old and valuable Mac computer because it was sitting by the front door for too long 😕

20190210_190856.jpg

20190210_190848.jpg

20190210_190544.jpg

20190210_190608.jpg

20190210_190743.jpg

Rockin that Pentium II and voodoo 3 3000

IMG_3685.JPG

Pro tip, before you reply to an question or topic, answer these three questions:

2) Am I giving an answer that is based in multiple reliable source tests and not personal opinion or heresay?

Do not give people information you personally think is correct. Source, research and then reply. If you plain and simple don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it. It's harmful to support questions on forums to be providing people with wrong or misleading information. As well as going off topic from the original question.

Not what was asked.

So it works

this can run XP

which means I can shitpost from it easily

the problem now is how do I cool it, I don't have a slot Pentium active cooler 

IMG_3689.JPG

Not what was asked.

Got 384mb of ram to work too

also this cooling should be fine 

IMG_3691.JPG

Not what was asked.

For my first LTT post, here's my contribution:

FZii2im.jpg

Trident 1MB VGA card.

I don't have any pics or parts from my first "gaming PC", but it was a 286-20 with 2 x 1MB SIPP modules and a 20MB MFM hard drive and a 300 baud modem.  It was bliss.

1 hour ago, stikle said:

For my first LTT post, here's my contribution:

Trident 1MB VGA card.

I don't have any pics or parts from my first "gaming PC", but it was a 286-20 with 2 x 1MB SIPP modules and a 20MB MFM hard drive and a 300 baud modem.  It was bliss.

Now that is TITE.

THICC BOI SCIENCE

HD 3650 512MB for my XP rig. Can't wait to get home and slap this bitch in and pray to hell that it works.

IMG_20190216_180000.jpg

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 10 Pro x64

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Asus Radeon HD 3650 Silent, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

It is here 

IMG_3730.JPG

Not what was asked.

1 hour ago, campy said:

It is here 

IMG_3730.JPG

S E X Y. What's the huge chunk of metal on the bottom right? Also what p4 is that>

THICC BOI SCIENCE

40 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

S E X Y. What's the huge chunk of metal on the bottom right? Also what p4 is that>

Just the Photon logo

the p4 is a 3ghz non HT model

now I just gotta find the manual for it because I've got no video but it's clearly going past something because the ram comes out of post and it takes a while to shut down 

IMG_3731.JPG

IMG_3734.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

IMG_3735.JPG

Not what was asked.

Got a little bit of a bios corruption or the gpu is having some issues

IMG_3740.JPG

Not what was asked.

1 hour ago, campy said:

Got a little bit of a bios corruption or the gpu is having some issues

IMG_3740.JPG

I'd say that's the GPU. Though at least most of the image is there, and the driver is loaded correctly....my Geforce 3/4 (can't remember-tossed it in a draw and left it) is stuck at 4 bit colour, 640x480. With full blown checkerboard artifacting.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I still have an old 8086 PC stashed in my attic too, it was working... (I`ll check when I get a free moment and post pics if it still does).

I`ll probably need to sweep the dust of it first though :)

IMG_0909.JPG

Edit:- Apparently not...someone in my household decided to throw it out....🤨

They left the monitor, some old cases and bits of detritus for me...so for the record, here they are:-

(a bit of a come down from a working 8086 but hey-ho, whatever...)

monita.JPG

olduns.JPG

printer.JPG

3.5s.JPG

The Black Hole of Calcutta:-

calcutta.JPG

At midnight tonight, one of the items I've been lusting after for a long time, will have the auction end, and I"m feeling good about it.

A Compaq Portable III (pic is an exmaple)

compaqiii.jpg

It's highly yellowed, anyone have any experience restoring the yellow to an original colour?

I'm considering (but only considering right now) making it more like those old dirty terminals you see in Fallout games, but I am yet undecided. I may take it to work and see if I can connect it to our network (I'm the IT person here, so I can get away with such silly things)

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

On 2/18/2019 at 1:43 AM, Karma12gaming said:

Behold the glorious PEGATRON. Salvaged from a friends HP desktop and Frankensteined into... something else.

pYwsJZT.jpg.1310f59bdd6627795e35b95458b726e5.jpg

I still have this thing in a box because I don't know what to do with it. 😅 It's super dusty because my old case didn't have filters on it. 😂

Make sure to put a small fan on that chipset heatsink so it doesn't burn up, because the heatsink is actually insufficient for the wattage used by the GeForce 9100 underneath when used passively! 😮  I'm honestly amazed it's lasted this long.  Before we were into our current product line, we used to sell hundreds of these boards because they kept dying.