What is your favorite Coolant?

So I am about to make some changes to my loop again. Since I have depleted my current supply of coolant, I am going to consider moving to something new.

So that being said, what is your favorite coolant? How long have you used it? Have you had any issues clogged blocks? I am not concerned about staining as I generally replace my tubing every year or two anyways (it is cheap enough). In the future when I go back with hard-tubing again then I might mater more, but at this point I am looking for suggestions and will probably play with a few of the suggestions given.

So fire away. What works best for you, what do you like and dislike about it?

water

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

28 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

water

HEHEHUHUAHAHAH that was very funny

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I use to be all for distilled water with a silver kill coil, but I did run into an issue with using the coil in the past. Now I guess I could worry about ph levels and use some biocide, but I prefer to just use either premixed or concentrated mixes now.

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

So I am about to make some changes to my loop again. Since I have depleted my current supply of coolant, I am going to consider moving to something new.

So that being said, what is your favorite coolant? How long have you used it? Have you had any issues clogged blocks? I am not concerned about staining as I generally replace my tubing every year or two anyways (it is cheap enough). In the future when I go back with hard-tubing again then I might mater more, but at this point I am looking for suggestions and will probably play with a few of the suggestions given.

So fire away. What works best for you, what do you like and dislike about it?

My personal go to has been Mayhems Pastel and Ice Dragons fluid (maker of Pastel). Haven’t really had issues other than minor color change if you leave it in extra long I’ve currently run my fluid for over 16 months. Usually you want to change it every 12 months max. 

For a transparent fluid Mayhems X1 and EKWB cryofuel arts both excellent options. 

Mayhem X1 Clear

Everything else is going to clog up blocks, stain tubing or the floor it drips on, or lead to corrosion.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)