My Brother Owns a Gaming PC And Does Not Manage His Cables, Should He Keep Them Messy Or Not?

producer

Infants are staying in their diapers and that is very good news for retailers.

Diapers for infants are helping grow the diaper category, as are customer requirements for diapers with purposes -- for instance, to function as trunks.

According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, Chicago, fewer than one-third of the American infants are toilet. In 1961, by comparison, 90 percent of all 2-year-olds were toilet trained.

Gerri Ann Genista, a pediatrician in Ann Arbor, Mich., told SN that toilet training is taking longer because "moms are not at home hovering over their kids" She went on to state till they go to school that some children are not trained.

In societies where mothers live intimately with their kids and can read their clues that were subtle, toilettraining happens a lot Genista noted. But now in America, "It's a lot more convenient [to maintain them in diapers], because mothers are working, and day care is not going to hover over your child. It's much simpler to line them up and change the leftovers.

"[In previous days] we were fanatically concerned about toilet training, but nowadays we know that if you wait long enough, they toilet train themselves"

According to Genista, pediatricians now say that the median age for toilet training, excluding after bed time, is age 2 for girls, and age three or four for boys. Formerly, all children were expected to be trained at age two, and women were expected to learn.

5ad6c5b72d546_toilet17-4.2.png.25ba6af1671e850ccdaccf5f7da54b1a.png

Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble's recent introduction of dimensions 6 Pampers Baby-Dry Stretch diapers for children up and 35 pounds is a indication of the times. The new diaper is two inches wider and a complete inch longer in circumference compared to previous item.

The trend toward larger sizes can be observed in training pants and products. By way of instance, Kimberly-Clark Corp., Dallas, has included fresh extra-large sizes of training pants on its Pull-Ups lineup and underpants to its GoodNites lineup, for bed-wetting kids weighing 85 to 125 pounds.

Retailers suggested since households find it hard to produce the consistency required for successful toilet training that kids are toilet training in ages. One retailer ventured a guess that parents are more comfortable about the procedure and may take cues from your baby.

"There is a movement to let kids decide when they're ready for toilet training, with their parent's help," said Darrell Sapp, category marketing director for Harris Teeter, Charlotte, N.C. "For bigger babies some of the sizes simply don't match, and the bigger sizes are a boon."Read more:My Article

1 retailer on the East Coast who did not want to be identified consented. "Moms were telling merchants that they could not find diapers to fit their children and were turning to training pants as an alternative. [But] training pants are designed for another purpose and are not meant to hold a few hours of voiding."

Suzie Gregg said sales of diapers will also be growing in her region. "Children are remaining in diapers longer, and the larger sizes can now adapt older children. Also diapers price less than instruction trousers, so I believe there's some use of the larger sizes for training too."

One specialty thing that was introduced into the disposable diaper category was the Little Swimmers of Kimberly-Clark. Before last summer's E. coli outbreak at a suburban Atlanta public pool, which had been connected to some diaper-clad child, many customers were watching out for a product which could perform submerged.

As this product is available only through the summer months, the maker produced bins available for operators to merchandise that the Swimmers on the ground. Retailers weren't made to reset the shelves. Merchandise was fully returnable at the end of the season.

"There were incredible sales over the summer with this item," said Sapp. "It was a fantastic in-and-out thing and the producer got behind it in a big way. Supplies were short, so I hope that'll be removed up for next season."

Certified Grocers also found the seasonality of the product easy to integrate into its smaller stores, with very little effect on distance, according to Gregg.

"The use of the shipper, not the shelf, made fitting the product into our mixture considerably simpler," explained Gregg. "The item was exceptional. In every shop the maker did a fantastic job. They were everywhere."

Picking any cases was a plus for obtaining the item based on grocery buyer for Minyard Food Stores, Chuck Moore.

Item proliferation in the diaper class is making it difficult for retailers to find shelf space. For the most part, shelf space is not expanding. Sometimes, it is shrinking.

"The diaper section hasn't grown," said Sally Sanborn, director of advertising at Save Mart Supermarkets, Modesto, Calif. "Performance causes us to reduce stockkeeping units of one item to adapt another. We deleted SKUs to match from the drapes for swimming"

At Dominick's Finer Foods, Northlake, Ill., the diaper category is under constant evaluation, said Shana Pritchett, public relations partner.

"Space considerations depend on our efficient variety process, based upon market operation," she explained.

The East Coast retailer said customer demand is depended on by assortment. "When there's a need for a meaningful new SKU we look at it. We have to make those calls between items and SKUs that is space-zapping. You will find redundancies with today's technology; [for example], there's not any requirement for separate sex items."

Unisex diapers have allowed retailers to catch space. Today consumers do not appear to be as driven by "boy" and "girl" items. Consequently, unisex diapers allow retailers to shrink shelf space dedicated in several sizes to girl diapers and boy.

Sapp of Harris Teeter agreed. "There's been too much advancement," he explained. "However, for the real need items, such as the larger dimensions, there's a true consumer demand."

Retailers battling to fit more things are simply eliminating performers. At Minyard, distance was obtained by only unisex diapers. SKUs were reduced based on Moore. Space was created by reducing allocations to smaller and newborn dimensions.https://www.facebook.com/Top-Best-Flushing-Toilet-Reviews-ToiletsZones-574292116276986/

"The changes we make will be based on tough decisions," he said. "The newborn and smaller dimensions simply don't move too, and by reducing the distance they had been getting, we could make some gains"

At Harris Teeter, shelf-space alterations were made in the wipes category to accommodate the new larger dimensions and specialty items in a 24-foot set. The set is organized by size.

"We had been replanogramming the area anyway," said Sapp. "We could bring a shelf. With the incorporation of the unisex things there was an elimination of a significant number of SKUs."

Sanborn of Save Mart noted that the trend is toward unisex diapers, while Gregg of Certified Grocers told SN that shelves reset in early November remove separate-sex diapers.

Unlike a lot of operators, A&P, Montvale, N.J., has been adding space to the diaper group, expanding its demonstration and providing itself the capability to add new products with ease. This shift was made during re-gridding of units, which resulted in a reduction of space allocated to sections.

"Buyers of disposable diapers are a segment of the marketplace we're looking for," explained Rich Perrius, vice president and class manager. "We want to grow this class. We've got a responsibility to our customers to offer as a number of the things to them as we could, particularly in the alternate-use kind of diaper."

These changes in the category have led to sales for merchants.

"We have had some nice lift," said Sapp. "The targeted items help."

Earnings are driven by consumer dynamics, retailers told SN.

"This purchase is made every 17 days," said Gregg. "Behind cereal and baby food, the group ranks third as a destination"

Nonetheless, diaper sales is being lost by supermarkets to club stores and merchants. "Grocery has lost over 12 discuss points from the 90s [to other formats]," Gregg noted. To satisfy the challenge, retailers are currently making space for size jumbo packs, with counts and price points.https://medium.com/@toiletszones/how-to-choose-the-best-flushing-toilet-1297a73dd4df

"These do represent a value," explained Gregg. "While over half of Certified's business comes from the convenience pack-size, the worth packs [are of interest to consumers]." Gregg explained that the majority of the stores supplies are smaller components having limited shelf space, which is why they must carry sizes.

Earnings of packs are up, according to Moore. "Manufacturers are pushing more and also we can get better pricing. We also incorporate the jumbo packs so our customers don't have to reshop as often."

"It is an unbelievable hassle for parents to operate out of leftovers," said Sapp. "There are several areas parents will need to maintain diapers and every week those supplies need to be restocked throughout city. In addition to the value is there with the massive count."

Who cares? It's his stuff and he can do whatever he wants with it. Stop wasting your time trying to convince other people to think the way you do over something so insignificant.

Ryzen 7 2700X  ASUS X470 PRO  16GB 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix SAPPHIRE RX 580  970 EVO  Dark Rock PRO 4  Dark Base PRO 900

If he doesn't want to or care to manage the cables, that's his decision, as it's his PC.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

well cable management helps with airflow and dust, and sex appeal, but if its his pc he can if he wants to

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I used to feel the same way as you do. It is a best practice but best doesn't mean the only way. Some people simply don't care.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Well... It really doesn't matter except for maybe improving airflow some? If my brother did this I'd probably just shake my head. Instead of trying to force his arm, I'd maybe try leading by example. Having a nice clean case of my own might encourage him to do it as well. Brothers can be quite competitive. In the end it's his decision and it's certainly not a moral issue of whether or not you should have case with good cable management. So maybe consider cutting him a little slack. ;)

What do you think about this?:

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

It might be an eye sore but I can't think of any reason where cable management would be a must for him.  Maybe he leaves it that way because he knows it bugs you? :P

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

No it doesn't.

Dust yes, airflow no

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 hours ago, geo3 said:

No it doesn't.

yeah what Damascus said, I kinda goofed lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

At first I was going to say what a pointless thread this is but then I realized just how much I'm bothered when I see messy cable setups. Maybe I'm OCD but messy cable setups drive me crazy. 

Like seriously, how are people okay with cables all over the place?

20 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Like seriously, how are people okay with cables all over the place?

i have to move shit around and change cable locations too often to keep everything zip-tied in place. so i leave it however it ends up because im not gonna deal with having to undo it all once per month

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

My god do I ever wish that my life was so stress and responsibility that 'My brother's cables are in a jumble' was my #1 issue and I had to ask the internet for moral support in taking on this critical issue of our time.

0315181955_HDR.thumb.jpg.bebab71b279365574fb3786f5f3c4e3f.jpg

Tell him to get on my level. This is one of my storage areas. I have an entire room almost covered with controllers, wires, adapters.

Side note, clear hanging shoe organizers work well.

When you have this many cables, you don't give a shit about your desk's cable management, you just care that the cables are wrangled and you can escape if tangled. I don't care to make it neat, but if I didn't manage and route them somewhat, swappi ng cables and moving stuff would be a nightmare. Kinda is actually I need to put a weekend in to organize.

Edit

Here's some shoe organizers that need sorted (got 3 more of the in this room) and another bar. Bars are great.
0315182000_HDR.thumb.jpg.2b0fd01267d4337b90d3afbc01e83ed5.jpg

But anyway buy him this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2L9GA0

Best thing ever for routing cables.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

7 hours ago, Tsuki said:

i have to move shit around and change cable locations too often to keep everything zip-tied in place. so i leave it however it ends up because im not gonna deal with having to undo it all once per month

Well, I can somewhat relate as I used to travel a lot, often a couple times a week and I would take various game consoles with me. So I understand not wanting everything to be tied down. However, I still managed to keep things tucked in place so things looked somewhat organized.

Why do you have to move everything around so often if you don't mind me asking?

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

My god do I ever wish that my life was so stress and responsibility that 'My brother's cables are in a jumble' was my #1 issue and I had to ask the internet for moral support in taking on this critical issue of our time.

Lol. It probably took him thirty seconds to make that post, minus the registration.

I can relate to it bothering him. When I see a messy cable setup, it bothers me a bit, just like when I see someone's car and it is full of garbage. Sure, it isn't my business and doesn't really affect me but something about it just rubs me the wrong way lol. I guess part of it is I don't understand why some people just don't care about their space being presentable. Maybe it goes to a greater concern of mine that no one seems to have any pride or shame anymore, at least for the right reasons.

7 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

0315181955_HDR.thumb.jpg.bebab71b279365574fb3786f5f3c4e3f.jpg

Tell him to get on my level. This is one of my storage areas. I have an entire room almost covered with controllers, wires, adapters.

Side note, clear hanging shoe organizers work well.

When you have this many cables, you don't give a shit about your desk's cable management, you just care that the cables are wrangled and you can escape if tangled. I don't care to make it neat, but if I didn't manage and route them somewhat, swappi ng cables and moving stuff would be a nightmare. Kinda is actually I need to put a weekend in to organize.

Edit

Here's some shoe organizers that need sorted (got 3 more of the in this room) and another bar. Bars are great.
0315182000_HDR.thumb.jpg.2b0fd01267d4337b90d3afbc01e83ed5.jpg

But anyway buy him this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2L9GA0

Best thing ever for routing cables.

Whoah! I really like your style! Personally, I have dresser drawers and various mini drawers (I forget what you call them. They are the things people store hardware like screws in). As I look at your setup, I see some nice advantages. It just looks so much easier to find cables at a glance. I really like how you store the smaller cables and accessories.

Not everyone cares about looks. Doesn nothing for performance so screw it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz