Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanter2002

Syced RGB on ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone, I have a question for you,

I have an ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS motherboard and A GTX 1080 SRIX and I want to synchronize my Graphics Card with these LED stripes which are in bundle with an hub: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=729

I know that Aura Sync is not supported by this motherboard, but I've seen some threads from where I understood that I can use this hub that is Arua Sync together with the included stripes(also Aura Sync compatible) through the RGB header for the AMD RGB cooler to sync the lighting. 

I am asking you this question because it made me a little exited (because I really want a synced PC, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new motherboard), but I have doubts about it working.

So, can I or can't I sync RGB stripes through the rgb header?

It will work. I have the same MOBO and my aura sync RGB cpu cooler works like a charm but I am not using a controller. I would double check with support.asus.com as well

Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, TheCheese said:

But you have to use one controller

Thank you for the answer. I am really glad that this is working. What program do you recommend Aura sync or ASUS AI suite utility?

3 hours ago, Xanter2002 said:

Thank you for the answer. I am really glad that this is working. What program do you recommend Aura sync or ASUS AI suite utility?

The RGB connector on the motherboard is the standard 4-pin connector. But the control is very limited. It is only controllable via AI Suite.

ATM, AFAIK AI suite is not compatible with the fall creators update. I have not used it in a while. Quite frankly I would uninstall it, even on compatible versions of windows it is utter junk.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s