Ryzen 5 2400G BSOD during install Windows 7

Recently built a new PC based on an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming motherboard, Intel Series6 M.2 SSD 512GB, using G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 8GB DDR4 3200.  Have not tweaked any component speeds higher than what the machine will detect normally.  I had to first upgrade the moboard BIOS from the shipped F5 to F22b to get my new Ryzen processor to be recognized; used an A6-9500 to do that.  

I am doing some testing with this system so I was wanting to install Windows 7 for starters via USB created by tools directly from Gigabytes support site.  System will boot with the USB key and go through the first 2 screens with the Loading Windows black and white progress bar at the bottom, loads in seconds, and then it proceeds to the forming of the Windows 7 logo animation which freezes and kicks me to the BSOD stop with an error indicating "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000000000011, 0x0000000000000008, 0xFFFFFA800C70A388, 0x0000000020120913) 

I have attempted loading Windows 10 from USB and it completes just fine with no issues. Would like to see what Windows 7 looks like if possible.20180314_181938.thumb.jpg.bae7d688c3eb851094683840cb229045.jpg

Any suggestions please and thanks?

Why you trying to install windows 7 anyway? Windows 10 is superior anyway. Also i read somewhere that specific products are now not compatible with Win 7 and older; hve you checked that the CPU is compatible with Win 7?

ryzen had a issue with usb devices on W7, take a look at here

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64 and also here 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, ND_Viper69 said:

Recently built a new PC based on an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming motherboard, Intel Series6 M.2 SSD 512GB, using G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 8GB DDR4 3200.  Have not tweaked any component speeds higher than what the machine will detect normally.  I had to first upgrade the moboard BIOS from the shipped F5 to F22b to get my new Ryzen processor to be recognized; used an A6-9500 to do that.  

I am doing some testing with this system so I was wanting to install Windows 7 for starters via USB created by tools directly from Gigabytes support site.  System will boot with the USB key and go through the first 2 screens with the Loading Windows black and white progress bar at the bottom, loads in seconds, and then it proceeds to the forming of the Windows 7 logo animation which freezes and kicks me to the BSOD stop with an error indicating "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000000000011, 0x0000000000000008, 0xFFFFFA800C70A388, 0x0000000020120913) 

I have attempted loading Windows 10 from USB and it completes just fine with no issues. Would like to see what Windows 7 looks like if possible.20180314_181938.thumb.jpg.bae7d688c3eb851094683840cb229045.jpg

Any suggestions please and thanks?

If you really want to use Win7 and not deal with this I would create a VM for win7 and use that in conjunction with Win10

Thanks for the replies thus far, please keep them coming.  

Two things... first the USB install for Windows 7 is provided by Gigabyte on their support website under Utilities; will provide link below for reference.  So I am assuming this should mean the motherboard is fine with Windows 7 and drivers too other than knowing if the newly released Ryzen will work or not but at the very least I think it may just hardware list as another AMD processor that W7 knew about.  

Second thing is the ACPI compliant issue message.... any insight into what that might be pointing at?  I have played around with BIOS settings to see if any adjustments will get the installation rolling further but no luck thus far.

I just want to see how Windows 7 may run and do some benchmarks and tests so this is just for curiosity more than anything and trying to figure out the error.

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

ryzen had a issue with usb devices on W7, take a look at here

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64 and also here 

Have seen the USB3.0 with Windows 7 install issue before and have used the Tools referenced here to create the bootable USB install with the needed drivers.  The fact that I get the install starting means the USB drivers are taking... it's just failing with that ACPI compliance issue as mentioned.

17 minutes ago, TheCheese said:

If you really want to use Win7 and not deal with this I would create a VM for win7 and use that in conjunction with Win10

Good suggestion to see how Windows 7 works with it... I will likely try this if I cannot get a workaround for the above.  Thanks.

You might not like what I'm going to tell you, but there is no support for Raven Ridge on Windows 7. Not from AMD and not from Microsoft. Raven Ridge requires Windows 10. Summit Ridge had partial support from AMD, but no such luck for Raven.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

You might not like what I'm going to tell you, but there is no support for Raven Ridge on Windows 7. Not from AMD and not from Microsoft. Raven Ridge requires Windows 10. Summit Ridge had partial support from AMD, but no such luck for Raven.

Ok...that's good to know.  Will shorten this quest at least.  Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

• 7 months later...

The YOUTUBE video is dead.
I am reading reddit and anandtech but somehow I can not find the solution how to install Windows 7 on Ryzen 5 2500G sysytem.