Sony: We removed the headphone jack due to the XZ2's design

i just want a phone with 2 USB C 3.1 connectors. If there was two usb c connectors, i wouldnt mind not having the headphone jack. Also both should have nice spacing to fit two connectors at the same time. 

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I really hope people realize that this is happening and will stop complaining. The headphone jack is dying, accept it. 

When adding half decent wireless to headphones raises the cost from $40 to $150  I will not stop complaining.

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

not sure how the stage and recording audio people feels about this ._.

Pretty shitty move as far as I am concerned.  People would be surprised how often we use phones as an audio source in the live music industry.  

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Thats what they said about every major port that has ever been made obsolete. 

The music industry is slowly getting very dark on apple for constantly changing and removing ports.  There is nothing wrong with firewire, but when apple stopped putting it in all their macs it left a lot of apple users with very expensive obsolete hardware.  Now they either need to buy adapters and hope shit works or switch over to Windows based solutions where firewire is still supported.  

Make no mistake, apple are not innovating and moving trends,  they are forcing people in one direction whether they like it or not.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Chuck this one into the "Stuff you REALLY wished they had said very differently" bin. 

In response to concerns over the reasons Sony removed the headphone jack on the XPERIA XZ2, Sony's official FAQ had this to say;

Source: https://blogs.sonymobile.com/2018/03/04/sony-mobile-mwc-2018-faq/amp/

The phone itself is 153mm tall, 72mm wide and around 11mm thick. Unless Sony used every ounce of available space or it's messed up, they could have found space for a jack, no? Even the LG G6, which is thinner and shorter, while packing in a bigger capacity battery, has a headphone jack. 

Sony, just say anything else that's relevant and maybe you won't get ridiculed so hard. Hell, the wireless headphones statement actually give more prudence. 

More like jumping on the hype train, all it takes is one reputable company to make a decent priced phone with a headphone jack and they'll get all the market

TBH sony's doing a stupid thing removing the 3.5mm jack at this time as atm Android is not fully synced on all companies like @D13H4RD2L1V3 explained earlier but one thing that is happening is they will be phased out eventually when Viable alternatives become available. Yes you have wireless headphones and Dongles to still use your wired one but they aren't long lasting replacements. 

From what I see for people to be able to phase over to wireless headpones is to get them being as long lasting as wired meaning the Battery time. 

Now for Headphone users that wouldn't be too hard to aquire as since a lot of people listen to music while walking to work, home, shop etc or just in your house. you gonna be moving having two kinetic motors in each headphone to generate the power to sustain the Bluetooth or NFC connection to your device would allow wireless headphones to sustain charge for longer periods of time.

Now for earbuds that would be different due to it's more compact form a kinetic motor wouldn't be feasible so it would have to be something different even if having that you earphone care connects to the back or your phone and Syphons charge via wireless charging to replenish the earbuds charge then your phone use time will be greatly reduced depending on your battery time. 

and @DrMacintosh Wireless charging isn't what it is up to be as the newer models benefit from it more than the older one. I have S6 that can wireless charge and after the first year the wireless charging was slower than using the cable connected to it. And the wireless charger actually charged from 20-100% within an hr when I first started to use it but now it takes 30mins for just 5mins and it 's just because over time methods become worn or just not as effective. That can be different for Apple but I don't know....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

4 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

"In order to create the beautiful seamless design, our designers needed to remove the headphone jack. Plus, we’re aware of the major market trend toward wireless headphones over wired headphones."

Every time I read statements like this one, I can't help but to picture a teenager freezing to death while yelling "but scarves don't look cool! And none of the cool kids are wearing them!"

4 hours ago, Energycore said:

Next up, beautiful seamless computer cases without front IO.

It kind of started, although for now they're just hiding it on the side, top, or somewhere else "creative".

3 hours ago, Daring said:

On phones. Still alive and kicking on literally everything else.

On overpriced phones. At Chinaphone paradise, we still enjoy, headphone jacks, mSD cards, dual SIMs, removable batteries, and plastic covers that snap out and back in with every drop, leaving the pone unscathed. Apparently, we are weird enough not to swim with our cell phones :P 

The best part is that, when we do finally break them, we replace them at the cost of a brand-name dongle :D 

8 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Every time I read statements like this one, I can't help but to picture a teenager freezing to death while yelling "but scarves don't look cool! And none of the cool kids are wearing them!"

It kind of started, although for now they're just hiding it on the side, top, or somewhere else "creative".

On overpriced phones. At Chinaphone paradise, we still enjoy, headphone jacks, mSD cards, dual SIMs, removable batteries, and plastic covers that snap out and back in with every drop, leaving the pone unscathed. Apparently, we are weird enough not to swim with our cell phones :P 

The best part is that, when we do finally break them, we replace them at the cost of a brand-name dongle :D 

Some phones with removable covers have a resistance rating similar to that of sealed phones. As in only 0.5 meters difference between maximum depth for 30 minutes.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

From what I see for people to be able to phase over to wireless headpones is to get them being as long lasting as wired meaning the Battery time. 

And sound quality, It's not as simple as some people think it is.  The more complex a product is the more work is required to maintain the quality.  Manufacturers can't just put a BT receiver in an existing set of headphones and instantly have good sounding wireless.  It doesn't work that way. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Some phones with removable covers have a resistance rating similar to that of sealed phones. As in only 0.5 meters difference between maximum depth for 30 minutes.....

Just don’t drop it 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

6 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Just don’t drop it 

Galaxy S5....and they resist drops far better than the sealed phones (especially the retarded trend for glass backs).

PMSL

5 hours ago, Energycore said:

Sony thinking they can out-apple Apple

Next up, beautiful seamless computer cases without front IO.

I think that's already happening lol

I thought in the past Sony's "Hi-Res" headphone audio was a selling point? Now.... I guess they have LDAC over Bluetooth...

38 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Galaxy S5....and they resist drops far better than the sealed phones (especially the retarded trend for glass backs).

Well, what I meant was don't drop it on a hard surface that has water.

Because the cover may pop open and cause water to enter.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

The jack is gone, and won't be coming back from those companies, complaining won't change it. If it's such a deal, then go buy from a different company. I've went wireless and I haven't turned back. I still have a headphone jack, but I rarely use it. Not having a wire and port is just one less component to wear out or break 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

On that note 

ZomboMeme 15032018183421.jpg

7 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

The jack is gone, and won't be coming back from those companies, complaining won't change it. If it's such a deal, then go buy from a different company. I've went wireless and I haven't turned back. I still have a headphone jack, but I rarely use it. Not having a wire and port is just one less component to wear out or break 

Batteries die/wear out faster than headphone jacks. And good luck getting replacements.

PMSL

56 minutes ago, asus killer said:

who buys sony phones anyway

Before this they were really the only company that offered sub 5" phones with flagship specs. This seems to have changed with this release though.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

6 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

In order to create the beautiful seamless design

Have they even seen the damn thing?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

There is nothing wrong with firewire, but when apple stopped putting it in all their macs it left a lot of apple users with very expensive obsolete hardware.  Now they either need to buy adapters and hope shit works or switch over to Windows based solutions where firewire is still supported.  

Make no mistake, apple are not innovating and moving trends,  they are forcing people in one direction whether they like it or not.

people that buy into apple should now apple, and i guess most people do and usually their customers are either someone who wanted to try apple and never do it again (most of us been there) or someone who has been a loyal customer of theirs and buys every thing they sell. So you can hardly complain about this kind of things.

So i buy this ridiculous expensive PC with a 20K display and then can't upgrade it and the display is useless, sign me in, makes sense. 9_9

form over function

all kinds of shenanigans in regards to planned obsolescence to make customers return and buy from that as fast as possible

Please Sony, remove the USB -C connector as well. With wireless charging and data transfer, who needs USB??? You can have as seamless design as you want.

Except I won't buy one.

36 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Have they even seen the damn thing?

It looks fine I think. 

I preferred the old blocky design but that's me

7 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I really hope people realize that this is happening and will stop complaining. The headphone jack is dying, accept it. 

Sure live in your fantasy Apple world. The opinion is the same as two years ago when apple first fucked people over by removing the headphone jack. People still want it and there are a LOT of devices that absolutely need AUX. 

Your illusion of the jack dying is because Apple says it is and you and others blindly follow. Its not dying. I mean I dont get people who hate the jack...like serious you have to have a mental condition to hate it. Phones can implement it with a shit ton more of features AND keep a smaller form factor. Look at the S8 and S9. 

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

I don't think that poll is a great source.

OnePlus is usually followed by geeks, those who know headphone jacks and swear by them.

1 minute ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I don't think that poll is a great source.

OnePlus is usually followed by geeks, those who know headphone jacks and swear by them.

While the author of the post might have a biased following but the amount of shares and views by others dont. 

Read the comments of the thread, in general people still want jacks. 

12 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

It looks fine I think. 

I preferred the old blocky design but that's me

To me, it's an ugly design to be expected from a shitty $100 phone that can barely handle more than phone calls.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

While the author of the post might have a biased following but the amount of shares and views by others dont. 

Read the comments of the thread, in general people still want jacks. 

Oh I'm not disagreeing.

Just saying that a poll with a wider amount of participation would be much more worthy of attention