jonobang

black screen issue

Posted · Original PosterOP

So basically after a certain amount of time my monitor black screens and occasionally loops audio, but most of the time it just black screens and i still hear everything as normal. I updated drivers and reseated the card but to no avail. cleaned out my case as well for good measure and upped airflow in case it was a temp issue but temps are reading fine. whenever i restart the computer it acts fine again until it happens again, where i have to restart the computer to get a display again. any ideas? i'm kinda stumped.

PC Specs-

GPU- Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | CPU- Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz | RAM- 12 Gigs of DDR3 Ram | PSU- 850 W Gold rated EVGA Power Supply | Motherboard- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | OS- Windows 10 Home

so you are saying i should reset the bios?

PC Specs-

GPU- Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | CPU- Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz | RAM- 12 Gigs of DDR3 Ram | PSU- 850 W Gold rated EVGA Power Supply | Motherboard- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | OS- Windows 10 Home

bump, still having this issue on occasion and now it freezes entirely, sound with glitch out super hard and i have to hold down the power button and reboot.

PC Specs-

i have run out of all options now, ive tried everything, system maintenance, ran a ram diagnostic (no reported issues), did another thorough cleaning, checked all temps under load (no issues), ran a check disk diagnostic (no issues), problem still remains...i am at a complete loss.

PC Specs-

so i got my first hint as to what this is, can a graphics card cause a whole computer to crash? the screen went multicolored this time at the bottom half and then did its usual thing.

PC Specs-