Will using dual 6-pin pcie connectors help stop coil whine?

tehx

Hi. I bought this STRIX gtx 1080 card off ebay, got it, had bad coil whine. I contacted the owner of the card asking him if he had past coil whine issues with the card, he said no, and I believe him.  I tried swapping out the PSU, but no change. What I am wondering now is if that the 6+6 pcie connector which came with the psu and which is all connected to one cable could be a cause of the coil whine, because I have heard power supplies and things like this can cause coil whine.

Do you think I should give it a try?

What PSU's did you use? I had an AX1200i (and now an Evga 1200w SuperNova P2) with my Corsair Hydro 1080ti, no coil whine. When the AX1200i failed I purchased a temporary CX750m and I got coil whine. PSU efficiency, I think makes a big difference. 

Just now, Brouhahaha said:

What PSU's did you use? I had an AX1200i (and now an Evga 1200w SuperNova P2) with my Corsair Hydro 1080ti, no coil whine. When the AX1200i failed I purchased a temporary CX750m and I got coil whine. PSU efficiency, I think makes a big difference. 

I have Evga Supernova 750 gold g3 swapped it to Supernova 650 g2 plat and no help

2 minutes ago, Brouhahaha said:

Probably has more to do with the PSU's switching frequency. One supply's frequency might just happen to resonate more then another's.

Just now, Brouhahaha said:

Its luck of the draw really. Efficiency and even quality doesn't matter, it can occur with anything. 

My AX860 has coil whine when paired with one of my GPUs, while my CX550 doesn't have it with the same card. It's not damaging, just annoying and unfortunately there's not really anything reliable that can be done to get rid of it

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Its luck of the draw really. Efficiency and even quality doesn't matter, it can occur with anything. 

My AX860 has coil whine when paired with one of my GPUs, while my CX550 doesn't have it with the same card. It's not damaging, just annoying and unfortunately there's not really anything reliable that can be done to get rid of it

well im not stopping until i get rid of it

I'm sure you guys are more knowledgeable than me, but according to a few forums (Overclockers etc) a better PSU can help, how or why, I'm not sure. OP's two PSU's are good in terms of efficiency so maybe it is 'luck of the draw'. @Assassinguy2623 yes, it is annoying as hell!!!! Good luck!