Nicehash miner.. any better miners out there?

I'm pretty new to all the mining business, but I have a fair understanding on how everything works. I started mining with Nicehash December last year and it has given me a $100 profit so far. 

I'm using Nicehash because it's easy to use and gives me a great simple overview on how much I'm mining. However I've noticed that Nicehash isn't as profitable as it used to be anymore (excluding the bitcoin rate going down).

Is there any other program that I can use to mine? Doesn't have to be bitcoin as long as it's profitable.

I7 4770

GTX 1060 6gb

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

It's down everywhere for everything, dont expect profit like december for a long time IMO,

you can still check mining pool hub and awesome miner

not really, by the time that your getting a single share in the big miners have already mined the whole block leaving you with fractions of a percentage for your effort.

GPU shortages are affecting everyone at the moment, most of the small time miners have given up leaving only the big guys and alot of disproportionate shares for anyone not running a warehouse full of rigs. with difficulties rising across all altcoins, I predict that the release of GTX 20XX series will tip the balance and force the difficulty even higher forcing somewhat of an arms race for hashpower for miners and graphics cards for gamers.

if Titan V is any indication of the performance of the upcoming 20XX series, you will be able to generate at least $20+ a day with any of the new cards, hope this helps!

On 3/14/2018 at 6:17 PM, yoyodapro said:

if Titan V is any indication of the performance of the upcoming 20XX series, you will be able to generate at least $20+ a day with any of the new cards

No, because the difficulty will skyrocket, making it so that you still will get 5 dollars a day with new gpus, and around 1 with old ones.

8 hours ago, Some Random Member said:

No, because the difficulty will skyrocket, making it so that you still will get 5 dollars a day with new gpus, and around 1 with old ones.

I never stated how long the profitability would last though 9_9

you dont need a warehouse full of rigs to be profitable.

Sure the profits are not like the boom, but anyone that was around before the boom knows whats what. At the end of the day profitability on main coins like ETH (3x difficulty since december) is still profitable, but there are other coins to mine. Mine some shit coins, look into the market, see whats out there, hodl some currencies. 

The problem is everyone that came in at the end of last year were only in it to make a buck and now that its more difficult and the profits are not as high bitch moan and complain and exit mining, which lets put it this way is a good thing.

At the end of the day, nicehash is probably not the place to be, if you dont have alot of power than it takes forever to get payouts. Find some Altcoins that are easyier to mine where you can bank some coin.

36 minutes ago, FlatBrokeRacing said:

you dont need a warehouse full of rigs to be profitable.

Sure the profits are not like the boom, but anyone that was around before the boom knows whats what. At the end of the day profitability on main coins like ETH (3x difficulty since december) is still profitable, but there are other coins to mine. Mine some shit coins, look into the market, see whats out there, hodl some currencies. 

The problem is everyone that came in at the end of last year were only in it to make a buck and now that its more difficult and the profits are not as high bitch moan and complain and exit mining, which lets put it this way is a good thing.

At the end of the day, nicehash is probably not the place to be, if you dont have alot of power than it takes forever to get payouts. Find some Altcoins that are easyier to mine where you can bank some coin.

I tried mining ETH with nanopool, but it'd take twice as long for me to get the same payout as I currently get with Nicehash. I don't trust Nicehash anymore.

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

Nicehash rates are down because Nicehash switches it into BTC. BTC is going way up compared to alts, meaning that you are getting less bitcoin for every alt you mine. You'll make more if you mine alts and hold until they are worth more compared to BTC. It may take a while, you need to be patient

8 hours ago, Cypher-Jackson said:

Nicehash rates are down because Nicehash switches it into BTC. BTC is going way up compared to alts, meaning that you are getting less bitcoin for every alt you mine. You'll make more if you mine alts and hold until they are worth more compared to BTC. It may take a while, you need to be patient

True. Nicehash doesn't mine pure bitcoins. I had some luck mining ETH, but I'll see what I do. I'm not a cryptocurrency mining god. Just trying to make a quick buck :)

7 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

make a quick buck :)

I would not call mining money "quick".... LOL

I use the command prompt versions as they tend to gain higher hash rates than GUIs like nicehash and etc. Some can get very confusing though.

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy.