Tips for removing the nyan cat payload from the memz virus

Total Mystris

WARNING!!! THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON LAPTOPS!!!

When you were using you're windows xp for no reason and a friend had tricked you into installing memz and it crashes right away leading to the nyan cat and you want to take his wallet and buy a windows xp with his money and punch him for it, no need. Go on amazon and buy a recovery essence cd for windows xp and follow the steps to remove it fast. REMEMBER THIS WILL NOT RECOVER DATA!!! BUT IT WILL SAVE YOU SOME MONEY BESIDES THAT 10 DOLLARS FOR THE DISK.

Step 1. Turn on your windows xp.

Step 2. Wait for the nyan cat to show up.

Step 3. Insert you're recovery essence cd.

Step 4. Turn off the computer.

Step 5. Remove the battery and unplug any power sources connected.

Step 6. Remove the hdd from under the laptop.(if you dont know how, look for the exact name of your laptop. For example i have a hp pavilion dv5000. Look up how to remove the hdd from you're laptop on youtube and then go to the next step once it is removed.)

Step 7. Turn the computer on (DO NOT PUT THE HARD DRIVE IN YET).

Step 8. When booting the laptop, press the corresponding key to go to the bios/boot menu.

Step 9. Look for the option that says cd-rom drive and hover over it and press enter.

Step 10. Put the hdd back in.

Step 11. If you see a list of options to boot from select "Alternate install. Then just do a normal installation like you did when you first bought the computer. THATS IT! If you have any comments or questions just post them whenever. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Total Mystris said:

-snip-

Good job. You just listed the steps on how to reinstall Windows. How amazing. Even then, you unplugged the HDD so it'll go nowhere, not sure what you are trying to do here. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Good job. You just listed the steps on how to reinstall Windows. How amazing. Even then, you unplugged the HDD so it'll go nowhere, not sure what you are trying to do here. 

Lol. Thanks for pointing that out. I will put that in real fast

Why mention Windows XP though? It's been unsupported by Microsoft since 2014.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

1 minute ago, ThatFlashCat said:

Why mention Windows XP though? It's been unsupported by Microsoft since 2014.

Because, the memz virus is still used and the memz virus is made for windows xp.

5 hours ago, Total Mystris said:

Because, the memz virus is still used and the memz virus is made for windows xp.

so this affects the .5% of people still using windows XP.

and all you have to do is kill it via command prompt, then run malwarebytes, and fix your mbr.  super easy

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.