CPU Going over set override voltage when boosting

Hi

I just changed motherboard, to an MSI X99A Carbon, and I am redoing the OC I had on my old board on my 6800K. For starters, I have set my Override voltage to 1,29v with a multiplier of 41x. At idle, the VID is 1,29v and the vcore is at its usual lower state, but as soon as I run prime, the voltage shoots past 1,29v and both VID and Vcore go up to 1,35v. What is determining this behavior, and how can I cap it to the override value in all circumstances?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Are you using LLC? If so what level LLC are you using. 

LLC doesn't seem to be influencing this, oddly. Whether it's 25 or 75%, the same effect persists.

You can try turning OFF CPU SVID support. This means that the motherboard will not look at the ViD being requested by the CPU.

5 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

You can try turning OFF CPU SVID support. This means that the motherboard will not look at the ViD being requested by the CPU.

Nope, still overvolting, even if VID supp is disabled

2 minutes ago, LainVonDark said:

Nope, still overvolting, even if VID supp is disabled

In this case you should probably revert everything to optimized defaults and start over. I have seen cases where the bios config goes haywire and doesn't take into effect certain values.

I would also check to see if there is a bios update for your board... could be a bug that has been recently fixed.

*edit* Just to confirm you are using MANUAL voltage right now correct? Also do you have LLC completely disabled? If not make sure you do. I would expect to see some Vdroop happening when load increases... so I would have LLC completely off so that it isn't messing up our results.

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

In this case you should probably revert everything to optimized defaults and start over. I have seen cases where the bios config goes haywire and doesn't take into effect certain values.

I would also check to see if there is a bios update for your board... could be a bug that has been recently fixed.

I just updated it, and tried with the secondary, un-updated bios again just as a sanity check. I will try clearing cmos and OCing again, I'll get back with some info soon.

Thanks so far

So the experiment didn't work. Regardless of anything, the CPU still overvolts. The only current "fix" is to simply set the target voltage to a lower value to compensate for that offset

34 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

*edit* Just to confirm you are using MANUAL voltage right now correct? Also do you have LLC completely disabled? If not make sure you do. I would expect to see some Vdroop happening when load increases... so I would have LLC completely off so that it isn't messing up our results.

Yes, I am currently in manual voltage mode. I can't shut LLC off completely in this board, I am limited to a minimum of 25% for some reason.