pixio or Dell ?

Michisha96

Should I get the DELL - S2417DG

Or the PIXIO PX277

The extra cost and company name worth it on the Dell one ? or the better display (ips) and bigger screen on the PIXIO ?

The prices in my country pixio 547$ and Dell for 591$

The Dell has G-Sync, so if you have an AMD card, it's kind of not worthwhile. Likewise, the PX277 has FreeSync, which is no good if you have an NVIDIA card.

Otherwise supposedly despite being a TN panel, the S2417DG has good vibrancy and color accuracy. Just don't look at it off angle.

What would you use it primarily for? (E.g. gaming, programming, heavy multitasking, web browsing, etc) Personally I would get the Pixio one as I usually have a bunch of stuff open and enjoy the IPS experience. But keep in mind that there are good IPS panels and then there are bad ones. This holds true for TN panels as well and you'll find good TN panels looking better than a bad IPS one. I would check the reviews on both (If possible check them out in a store first but that seems unlikely)

Specs:

• PIXIO PX277
    • 144Hz and freesync
    • 4ms (According to advertising)
    • IPS panel (May or may not be a good, check reviews)
    • 27in
  • DELL - S2417DG
    • 165Hz and G-Sync
    • 1ms (According to advertising)
    • TN panel (likely its a good panel considering Dells quality in regards to displays)
    • 24in

27 minutes ago, tjcater said:

What would you use it primarily for? (E.g. gaming, programming, heavy multitasking, web browsing, etc) Personally I would get the Pixio one as I usually have a bunch of stuff open and enjoy the IPS experience. But keep in mind that there are good IPS panels and then there are bad ones. This holds true for TN panels as well and you'll find good TN panels looking better than a bad IPS one. I would check the reviews on both (If possible check them out in a store first but that seems unlikely)

Specs:

• PIXIO PX277
    • 144Hz and freesync
    • 4ms (According to advertising)
    • IPS panel (May or may not be a good, check reviews)
    • 27in
  • DELL - S2417DG
    • 165Hz and G-Sync
    • 1ms (According to advertising)
    • TN panel (likely its a good panel considering Dells quality in regards to displays)
    • 24in

I will use it for FPS gaming and programing as well as YouTube videos

Check reviews. FYI many monitor brands don't make their own panels, this is done by OEMs like AUO, BOE, Innolux (Chi Mei) etc. Samsung and LG also design their own panels.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Overall IPS is better than TN, though slower, but can you differentiate 144hz vs 165hz?

Response time no comment, not a gamer.

27 inch for the win!

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w