Sigma/Tamron 100-400 vs Sigma/Tamron 150-600mm

I will be taking pictures of birds with it. Which would be better? I also currently have only a t3i body, should I upgrade that first?

Intel Core i7 4790 CPU  - Stock cooler - Gigabyte GTX 1080 GPU

Asrock Z97 Pro4 Motherboard - HyperX 16GB DDR3 1866 MHz Ram (Dual Channel) - Cooler Master V750 PSU

Samsumg Evo 250gb SSD - Segate 2TB - NZXT S340 Mid-tower.

Between the two I'd go with the 150-600mm just for the extra zoom capability. Both are solid options.

https://blog.sigmaphoto.com/2017/sigma-100-400mm-vs-150-600mm/ for a decent comparison of the two lenses.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well yes and no. The t3i is pretty limited in framerate and buffer, and image quality isn't great, so you will have a hard time doing that probably. 

As far as the 2 lenses, the good thing is that you have the crop factor to add to your FOV, so you don't necessarily need the reach of the 600 since the 100-400mm is a 600mm equivalent on a crop sensor (640mm on Canon). On the other hand, the t3i won't allow you a lot of room for additional cropping. 

I would personally go with the best IQ and widest aperture of the 2, I think that means the 100-400mm probably, and the best IS system. I think for this purpose these things should be more of a priority when looking at 400mm+ focal lengths anyway. 

As far as bodies are concerned, its hard to say. I prefer the fast crop dslrs over FF for wildlife personally, so I would go with a d500 or 7d or something of the sort that fits your budget. In your case, I wouldn't upgrade because, the d500 is now the definitive winner in that market point and its an amazing camera, but the switch to nikon might be more costly than anticipated. My advise, Buy the lens now, if you find the body is holding you back, you can upgrade in the future, Canon's 7dmk3 is due and it should be a considerable upgrade in IQ mostly, and I hope buffer depth. If anything, if it isn't worthwhile, its bound to drive 7dmk2 prices down, making them more affordable at that point. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/