GamingMemeKing

Is it worth setting up my old Xbox 360 to play Red Dead Redemption?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have never played it but it looks great, i'm a fan of Rockstar and i LOVED 'Gun'.

Is it worth setting up my old Xbox 360 just to play the game, or would the game get overshadowed by current modern day games?

So in other words, which one of these would best describe it:

-It is a must-play game.

OR

-Decent game, but won't be missing anything by not playing it.

CPU: De-lidded i7 7700K @ 4.8GHz

CPU Fan: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid Cooler

GPU: GTX 1080 Ti MSI GAMING X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MHz

Storage (OS): Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVMe SSD

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

Storage (Other): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD

PSU: Corsair HX850i (Platinum)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Formula ATX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Gunmetal

Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

I personally really enjoy it and I would say it's worth playing. If you happen to have an xbox one hooked up it supports backwards compatibility for red dead.

It's a must play if you like open world games. The graphics aren't anything special being a 2010 game on the 360 but the setting is incredible.

My system

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  Board: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-2400 CAS 11  SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  HDD0: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM

HDD1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM  HDD2: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro  PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620C

Definitely worth it. I personally think it's the best game Rockstar has ever made. Plus, there's the sequel coming out of course. So if you really like it you have that to look forward to.  

If you have an Xbox one it is among the list of Backwards compatible games. So just play it on their. I have it installed and everything but still haven't actually started playing it which I should.....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Posted · Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, liltom00 said:

I personally really enjoy it and I would say it's worth playing. If you happen to have an xbox one hooked up it supports backwards compatibility for red dead.

2 hours ago, Cole5 said:

It is better on XBox 1 honestly

25 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

If you have an Xbox one it is among the list of Backwards compatible games. So just play it on their. I have it installed and everything but still haven't actually started playing it which I should.....

I had no idea it was backwards compatible. I no longer have an Xbox One but was thinking of getting an Xbox One X in a couple of months.

CPU: De-lidded i7 7700K @ 4.8GHz

CPU Fan: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid Cooler

GPU: GTX 1080 Ti MSI GAMING X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MHz

Storage (OS): Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVMe SSD

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

Storage (Other): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD

PSU: Corsair HX850i (Platinum)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Formula ATX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Gunmetal

Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

21 minutes ago, GamingMemeKing said:

I had no idea it was backwards compatible. I no longer have an Xbox One but was thinking of getting an Xbox One X in a couple of months.

Do it!

8 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

XBox One is definitely the best system to play RDR1 on, but 360 is still good enough to be worth playing so that you're not waiting a couple of months.

The complete 360/XB1 edition seems to go on sale pretty regularly at Best Buy for $15. I picked it up a month ago and I think it was on sale again for that price either last week or the week before last at Best Buy.

My system

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  Board: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-2400 CAS 11  SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  HDD0: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM

HDD1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM  HDD2: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro  PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620C

Don't all the glowing reviews and fans of the series speak for themselves? I mean, if open world westerns interest you, then you know this one is a great one to play. Asking if you should play it will just result in fans saying yes lol.

I would play it on the XBox One for simple gameplay capture but since you don't have one, it would definitely be worth you digging out your 360.

1 hour ago, -TesseracT- said:

Better play it on RPCS3 soon

It's not even close yet, and even if RPCS3 emulated it perfectly the 360 version still mops the floor with the PS3 version. No reason for someone with a 360 to play the much worse PS3 version when the game is so cheap.

My system

27 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It's not even close yet, and even if RPCS3 emulated it perfectly the 360 version still mops the floor with the PS3 version. No reason for someone with a 360 to play the much worse PS3 version when the game is so cheap.

why 360 version mops the floor? u can render at higher res. 

On 12.3.2018 at 11:22 PM, GamingMemeKing said:

I have never played it but it looks great, i'm a fan of Rockstar and i LOVED 'Gun'.

Is it worth setting up my old Xbox 360 just to play the game, or would the game get overshadowed by current modern day games?

So in other words, which one of these would best describe it:

-It is a must-play game.

OR

-Decent game, but won't be missing anything by not playing it.

Depends on how great your urge is to play that game.

The bigger the urge, the more it makes sense to do it.

And from what you wrote here, it seems like you want to play the game. So why not just do it??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 3/26/2018 at 4:25 AM, -TesseracT- said:

why 360 version mops the floor? u can render at higher res. 

Digital Foundry probably did a comparison a while back. So while you can get better resolution running the PS3 version on an emulator, you're not getting all the loss of details like additional patches of grass and what not back. Even assuming the TC got the hardware to run it well or even interest to dabble in emulation.

In any case, I didn't think the PS3 version was bad. That's the only version I played though, so I really had no idea what I missed out on till I checked out DF or whatever comparison. 

On 3/12/2018 at 11:09 PM, GamingMemeKing said:

Cool. MS engineers have been making backwards compatible run games at more stable frame rates than the original hardware. Some games are even X enhanced so that they run at 9x resolution (so potentially 4K, depending on the game). That's currently not the case for RDR though (I'd totally replay if they do it prior to RDR2 though), so the benefit of playing on Xbox One isn't a big deal. So I wouldn't necessarily wait till you get an Xbox One X to play it.

Hopefully RDR2 gets an X enhanced version!