Jump to content
GabenJr

Gaming on the iMac Pro - How bad can it be?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, GodAtum said:

where the hell did you get a 10Gbe NIC for $99????!!!

It's the ASUS XG-C100C. You can buy it:

On Amazon: http://geni.us/d9Qp 

On Newegg: http://geni.us/YrdB1In


Anthony @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP             

I'm a handsome man with a charming personality. - Gabe Newell

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking foward for the ULTIMATE COOLING SISTEM FOR A IMAC PRO
 It should include: 
- Replace thermal plaste for Metal liquid 
- A 3d printed exhauster for the imac

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AndPeroty said:

Looking foward for the ULTIMATE COOLING SISTEM FOR A IMAC PRO
 It should include: 
- Replace thermal plaste for Metal liquid 
- A 3d printed exhauster for the imac

And RGB lighting :D


PC - NZXT 340 Black, Intel i5 6600k, Artic Alpine 11 Pro Cooler, 16GB Corsair DDR 4 2133mhz, Asus H170 Pro Gaming , XFX R9 390 DD 8GB, Samsung 250GB EVO, 1TB WD Black.

 

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  

 

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 2:10 PM, GabenJr said:

It didn't really give us the option, though I'm sure it's possible to make it work.

Just to clarify, did you run the games at 4k on the Mac, or did you use the native 5k resolution?


Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  How to build a gaming PC for $400US or less   |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

Just to clarify, did you run the games at 4k on the Mac, or did you use the native 5k resolution?

4K and 1440p


Anthony @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP             

I'm a handsome man with a charming personality. - Gabe Newell

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/03/2018 at 1:15 AM, Tumleren said:

You guys need to show benchmark results differently, or just for longer. Look at 4:18. It's a confusing mess and it's on screen for 3 seconds. It's impossible at a glance to see what's what, and which bits are important. Viewers have no chance to interpret, unless pausing the video. Plus all benchmarks look the same, there are no visual cues as to what game is being tested, whether a card is AMD or Nvidia. Having to read all the information in the slides is slow. Game-icons/thumbnails, game-specific backgrounds, and red/green colouring or an apple logo or something would help in distinguishing objects from each other

from an editor's perspective, do we edit cuts with the pause button in mind?

 

(IMO glancing at a list takes about 10 seconds. appreciating the info takes a few minutes)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2018 at 6:59 PM, GabenJr said:

Despite its "pro" marketing, the iMac Pro still has a Vega 56 inside - Can it possibly hope to drive that beautiful 5K display? And can we do better?

 

 

Buy an iMac Pro on Apple.com: http://geni.us/3XSQI

 

Buy a Titan Xp from NVIDIA: http://geni.us/Gnou

 

Buy a Radeon RX Vega 56
From Amazon: http://geni.us/zmfl
From Newegg: http://geni.us/UmB54

Hi There,
I do have a question. I have iMac Pro with 2.3Ghz - 18 core 128GB RAM, 4TB SSD and 16GB of Vega pro 64. So now i made a boot camp with 2TB of windows and when i plug my Core v2 which has inside it an 1080Ti 11GB graphics cards. It shows that's it contacted but for some reason when i try to play games it's always on AMD raphics cards. Is there a way to make sure that it's always running on razer core v2?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 6/8/2018 at 7:46 AM, MRGhanim said:

Hi There,
I do have a question. I have iMac Pro with 2.3Ghz - 18 core 128GB RAM, 4TB SSD and 16GB of Vega pro 64. So now i made a boot camp with 2TB of windows and when i plug my Core v2 which has inside it an 1080Ti 11GB graphics cards. It shows that's it contacted but for some reason when i try to play games it's always on AMD raphics cards. Is there a way to make sure that it's always running on razer core v2?

In order to do that, you'll need to use an external display - The 5K display is off-limits for an external GPU, unfortunately.


Anthony @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP             

I'm a handsome man with a charming personality. - Gabe Newell

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2018 at 10:24 AM, GabenJr said:

In order to do that, you'll need to use an external display - The 5K display is off-limits for an external GPU, unfortunately.

Thanks for letting me know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×