Gaming on the iMac Pro - How bad can it be?

Despite its "pro" marketing, the iMac Pro still has a Vega 56 inside - Can it possibly hope to drive that beautiful 5K display? And can we do better?

Buy an iMac Pro on Apple.com: http://geni.us/3XSQI

Buy a Titan Xp from NVIDIA: http://geni.us/Gnou

Buy a Radeon RX Vega 56
From Amazon: http://geni.us/zmfl
From Newegg: http://geni.us/UmB54

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

real question does Res matter more than sweet FPS ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Did you guys try installing windows and running crossfire with an external GPU? I assume it would be horrible if it even works at all.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

It still needs RGB.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Did you guys try installing windows and running crossfire with an external GPU? I assume it would be horrible if it even works at all.

It didn't really give us the option, though I'm sure it's possible to make it work.

but can it run ac:o?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 3/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, arychj said:

What keyboard do they have paired with the mac in this video?

That'd be the Logitech Craft keyboard - https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/craft?crid=27

Unless you mean the one without the knob, which is the space grey variant of the magic keyboard, only available with the iMac Pro... for now. - Update: Now available for regular sale.

I never noticed the imac mouses, but them 800 dollar chairs I sure do notice. The meshy ones, yeah, professional look.

Again £800 chairs with no fucking RGB or cup holders.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Im crossing my fingers for Apple to take the upcoming "modular" Mac Pro back to the Days of the PowerMac G5. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Asus already did a guide on how to game on a Mac.

Spoiler

126201708380268590.jpg.5c1fcf9b41c5005e55cbea9ca5037753.jpg

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Great video Linus. I kinda feel like you need a backsplash or something though in your kitchen, something not glossy so it doesn't interfere with your filming. 

5 minutes ago, NewWestDave said:

Great video Linus. I kinda feel like you need a backsplash or something though in your kitchen, something not glossy so it doesn't interfere with your filming. 

If you didn't already watch the vacuum video, those are all just sets for B-roll and presentation, the sink doesn't even work.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Heat extraction issues on an Apple product??? (Gasp)(Shock)(Horror)

Maybe one day when the ambient temperature in Cupertino reaches 40C the rest of the world will get a better iMac Pro.

And until then, I am happy with my five radiator custom water-cooled setup that can run full tilt at 40C ambient with just a 15C delta. Because when you build something yourself to server-grade specs it not only works better than pre-built, but gives you this enormous grin on your face too :D:D:D

You guys need to show benchmark results differently, or just for longer. Look at 4:18. It's a confusing mess and it's on screen for 3 seconds. It's impossible at a glance to see what's what, and which bits are important. Viewers have no chance to interpret, unless pausing the video. Plus all benchmarks look the same, there are no visual cues as to what game is being tested, whether a card is AMD or Nvidia. Having to read all the information in the slides is slow. Game-icons/thumbnails, game-specific backgrounds, and red/green colouring or an apple logo or something would help in distinguishing objects from each other

I just wish people would let apple die already. They aren't exactly innovative anymore seems Steve Jobs passed away... and they weren't for a decent while before that as well.

We need a test of the equivalent hardware running in a linux environment. Then you will see that there is no reason for IOS. We can toss it out, buy any hardware we want and run a free OS like Ubuntu for a very similar experience.

where the hell did you get a 10Gbe NIC for $99????!!!

3 hours ago, GodAtum said:

where the hell did you get a 10Gbe NIC for $99????!!!

It's the ASUS XG-C100C. You can buy it:

On Amazon: http://geni.us/d9Qp 

On Newegg: http://geni.us/YrdB1In