1440p at 32 inches?

VicciVicVic
Go to solution Solved by maartendc,

I have a 27" 1440P monitor, and I wouldn't go below that pixel density personally. I sit about 65cm away from it. Similarly, I think 24" for 1080P is too big. You can see the pixels.

For 32", I would go with 4K. And also, 27" is about the largest PC monitor I would get, any bigger than that, and you have to move your head to see the whole screen (unless you just put it further away, but that is weird to me, why get a bigger screen if you are just going to put it further away in that case).

If used for gaming, 27" at about 65cm distance is incredibly immersive I find personally. Any bigger than that would cause you not to see the whole screen, giving you a disadvantage.

But honestly, it is just what you are used to. I am used to using a very high pixel density macbook pro, so going to anything much lower than that looks terrible to me. Same with the screen size: It is just a matter of personal preference at some point.

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of getting the 32GK850G-B after recently being talked out of 4K and I was wanting a 32 inch screen. I was just wondering if 1440p looks good on a 32 inch. I'll be using it like a regular monitor for gaming and I'll be sitting about 75-100 cm away from the monitor.

1440p 32" -> 91.79PPI

1440p 27" -> 108.79PPI

1440p 24" -> 122.38PPI

1080p 32" -> 68.84PPI

1080p 27" -> 81.59PPI

1080p 24" -> 91.79PPI

1440p 32" = 1080p 24" -> its perfectly fine for that kind of sitting distance

I have a 27" 1440P monitor, and I wouldn't go below that pixel density personally. I sit about 65cm away from it. Similarly, I think 24" for 1080P is too big. You can see the pixels.

For 32", I would go with 4K. And also, 27" is about the largest PC monitor I would get, any bigger than that, and you have to move your head to see the whole screen (unless you just put it further away, but that is weird to me, why get a bigger screen if you are just going to put it further away in that case).

If used for gaming, 27" at about 65cm distance is incredibly immersive I find personally. Any bigger than that would cause you not to see the whole screen, giving you a disadvantage.

But honestly, it is just what you are used to. I am used to using a very high pixel density macbook pro, so going to anything much lower than that looks terrible to me. Same with the screen size: It is just a matter of personal preference at some point.