Hyperx Cloud Alpha vs high-end headphones

radiantai2001

I've heard a lot of people say the cloud alpha has great audio separation, and I was wondering how it compares to more high-end closed headphones like the hd8 dj, vmoda m100, dt770, etc. also I'll be using the headphones for music and games about equally so audio quality is important.

Clouds are one of the better sounding gaming headsets, but still don’t come close to headphones. There are much better options for gaming. CB-1, SHP9500, ATH-WS1100iS, ATH-M40X with Brainwavz Angled pads, DT770, DT880, T50RP, Monoprice Retro, etc...

what's the difference between the dt770 and dt880? do they have good audio separation and fairly balanced and clear sound?

13 minutes ago, mdthompson2001 said:

what's the difference between the dt770 and dt880? do they have good audio separation and fairly balanced and clear sound?

DT880 is open. They are both pretty V shaped, with ok imaging if that's what you mean by separation.

imaging? i just meant like being able to clearly hear each different sound with no muddiness, also i found the beyerdynamic "custom game interactive gaming headset" which has a detachable cable with a mic and a less circular shape, should i just get those? also I don't really care about the mic I just want a detachable cable lol

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2018 at 4:55 PM, Max_Settings said:

DT770

How much Ohm do you recommend for the gaming without any amp or dac but just directly plug into the PC's motherboard?

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

5 hours ago, MrFriendism said:

How much Ohm do you recommend for the gaming without any amp or dac but just directly plug into the PC's motherboard?

80 ohm would be pretty good for avoiding any issues from typical output impedances and should be enough voltage sensitive for most outputs.

250 ohm ones are pretty much immune to effects of any output impedance, though more screwed up integrated sound cards might lack enough voltage to drive them to good volume.

Just now, EsaT said:

80 ohm would be pretty good for avoiding any issues from typical output impedances and should be enough voltage sensitive for most outputs.

250 ohm ones are pretty much immune to effects of any output impedance, though more screwed up integrated sound cards might lack enough voltage to drive them to good volume.

Do you think 80 Ohm DT 770 will be able to work on Mobile Phone and Motherboard without Amp?

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

Just now, MrFriendism said:

Do you think 80 Ohm DT 770 will be able to work on Mobile Phone and Motherboard without Amp?

Should work well unless crappy phone.

Sony Z3 Compact drives 250ohm DT990 (open headphone of same "family") just enough for fair volume: As in you simply can't make yourself easily deaf.

Very basic motherboard with integrated Realtek ALC892 again drove those easily past hearing safe volume when testing them.

On 3/12/2018 at 5:12 PM, Max_Settings said:

DT880 is open. They are both pretty V shaped, with ok imaging if that's what you mean by separation.

880 is not V shaped. I don’t know why I said that.