Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Askingcarpet

Is an i5 6400, H110m & 8GB DDR4 good?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Askingcarpet said:

Technically yes i could, but i don't know how pricing/availability will be.

Btw i didn't base that assumption off that site, i checked actual benchmark videos

Also, i'm talking about the locked 2600. The 2600k and 2700k aren't even available


CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Askingcarpet said:

Also, i'm talking about the locked 2600. The 2600k and 2700k aren't even available

All I can say is I wouldn't buy a 4c/4t i5, it's just too limiting, especially being on a platform with no upgrade path.

And overall it seems like it's not going to be much of an upgrade.


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

All I can say is I wouldn't buy a 4c/4t i5, it's just too limiting, especially being on a platform with no upgrade path.

And overall it seems like it's not going to be much of an upgrade.

Not much of an upgrade from a 7 year old platform's 2nd lowest i3 2c/4t? That doesn't sound right


CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Askingcarpet said:

Not much of an upgrade from a 7 year old platform's 2nd lowest i3 2c/4t? That doesn't sound right

Well what kind of fps do you get in the games you play? Your GPU is also a bit of a limiting factor for 1080p at least.


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Streetguru said:

Well what kind of fps do you get in the games you play? Your GPU is also a bit of a limiting factor for 1080p at least.

I'm on 900p and get for example 100% cpu usage in games like BO3, and even if i lower my settings my fps don't improve, battlefront 2 gives me crazy stuttering and popping, gta V, bf4 same story as BO3. Most games overall except kinda old ones give me 100% cpu usage and it runs at around 85C under load. Stuttering is pretty common too


CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Askingcarpet said:

 

I'd probably go for the i7 slot in option, doesn't the i5 end up costing more in that case?


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I'd probably go for the i7 slot in option, doesn't the i5 end up costing more in that case?

It does, but i also get ddr4 ram, less tdp and temps and all that, but in the end i might not even go for this combo as the ram appears to be a single 8gb ddr4 dimm. I'm asking the dude if he has any dual channel kit instead but if he doesn't he can forget it

EDIT: He does but they're $20 more expensive. Is it worth it?


CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Askingcarpet said:

It does, but i also get ddr4 ram, less tdp and temps and all that, but in the end i might not even go for this combo as the ram appears to be a single 8gb ddr4 dimm. I'm asking the dude if he has any dual channel kit instead but if he doesn't he can forget it

DDR3 to DDR4 really doesn't matter for gaming, and isn't it going to be the cheapest DDR4? like 2133mhz or 2400mhz?


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Streetguru said:

DDR3 to DDR4 really doesn't matter for gaming, and isn't it going to be the cheapest DDR4? like 2133mhz or 2400mhz?

2400 in fact. Again, is the difference between single 8gb vs 2x4gb worth the extra 20?


CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Askingcarpet said:

2400 in fact. Again, is the difference between single 8gb vs 2x4gb worth the extra 20?

Probably not too big of a difference for single vs dual, not sure there's been much testing on that, maybe 15-20% at the most in some games. Really depends on the title.


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Probably not too big of a difference for single vs dual, not sure there's been much testing on that, maybe 15-20% at the most in some games. Really depends on the title.

Did my research and definitely going dual channel. About as much difference as you said, which is a lot. Thanks for everything 


CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Askingcarpet said:

Just imagine that what you guys call "extremely inflated gpu prices" right now

well 1st worlders are spoiled and dont know any better

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, Canada EH said:

well 1st worlders are spoiled and dont know any better

Bro off topic but your setup is pretty fucking sick


CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×