Artifacts in recordings on 144hz monitor!?!?

Sorry if posting in wrong section, just ceated account so lacking knowledge of long time users. My issue is with artifacts showing in my Elgato hd60S recordings. I purchased a Acer Predator 2560x1440 144hz monitor, the elgato hd60 s capture card is 1080p 60hz display device, whenever I record something I get artifacts, even when I clone displays. The only way I have found to not get artifacts, is to set monitor to 60hz, but then obviously I dont get to experience the full capablilites the monitor has to offer. So my question is, does anyone know of any solutions so I can still play at 1440p 144hz while recording at the native resolution of my elgato capture card, without causing artifacts?? Please help if so...BUT please dnt refer me to obs, I know everyone uses it and thats its free, but its recording, or even streaming quality is not as good as elgato software. Also it only occurs in my elgato recordings, its NOT happening on my in game screen while playing

You're pulling 60Hz's worth of data from a 144Hz stream. 144/60 is 2.4. You're trying to make one frame from 2.4 frames of data. You're more likely to grab from the wrong frames as your frame rate and capture rate diverge from each other. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

congrats, you found the reason i keep telling people who want to stream to get 60Hz displays: mismatched framerates.

essentially, the capture card expects 60 frames per second, if you feed it 144, it's essentially gonna record torn up frames.

i heard somewhere that if you can get your display to run at 120Hz, most capture cards are able to capture every other frame, but i cant confirm any of that for sure.

So Im stuck with 2 options, either downgrade my monitor to a 60hz one/only use this one at 60hz, or find a graphics card that's capable of capturing at 144hz??? Thanks for the fast responding. Been wasting so much time googling and watching few youtube videos that claimed the work around solution was to clone my monitor to the elgato and that it would cause the capture card to record at the same resolution and 144hz, but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

1 minute ago, Full Pay Gaming said:

So Im stuck with 2 options, either downgrade my monitor to a 60hz one/only use this one at 60hz, or find a graphics card that's capable of capturing at 144hz??? Thanks for the fast responding. Been wasting so much time googling and watching few youtube videos that claimed the work around solution was to clone my monitor to the elgato and that it would cause the capture card to record at the same resolution and 144hz, but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

Or turn down to 120hz and see how that goes, the 24hz difference won't even be noticable.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Or turn down to 120hz and see how that goes, the 24hz difference won't even be noticable.

i heard thats how some big-time streamers do it, the "last 24Hz" is probably much less noticeable than the "first 60Hz" for your eyes.

I went all the way down to 85hz, still screen tearing/artifacts in elgato recording. I have to clone display 2(elgato hd60s) to my monitor,which caps my monitor at 60hz,only then I get no issues in my recordings. Question, may sound dumb but from what I thought, hz and fps are different. If I turned on v-sync, to cap my fps at 60 to cause no issues in my recordings, would I be able to still get 144hz from my monitor? Or is my monitor only going to work with what fps I am getting at that moment?

Hz and fps are interchangeable to an extent when speaking for monitors. "fps" is generally used to indicate that the topic is about the GPU since the GPU draws frames while Hz generally refers to the monitor itself as it only refreshes at that pace, i.e. my GPU is running my game at 85Hz, but my monitor only refreshes at 60fps.

If you cap your frame-rate, you'll only be sending 60 frames to your monitor per second. The monitor is still running at 144Hz, but your GPU is being stopped at 60Hz or 60fps. Since your GPU is drawing 60 frames per second and your monitor is refreshing 144 times per second those 84 remaining refresh cycles have to be filled somehow. This is where you may see tearing (remnants of an old image being rewritten by a new image). Since you're recording, you're likely seeing pixels that are between their refresh cycles due to your GPU outputting more than the capture can handle. 

G-Sync and Freesync alleviate this issue by allowing your monitor to dynamically change the refresh rate (Hz) between a range (30-240Hz depending on model). 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

OK, more understandable now. My graphics card and monitor are both G-Sync capable, and as the game itself isn't experiencing the screen teating or artifacts, Guess its nothing I can do since its only occurring in my recording software. Sucks..Probably will just return this monitor and get a 4k 60 hs one

7 minutes ago, Full Pay Gaming said:

OK, more understandable now. My graphics card and monitor are both G-Sync capable, and as the game itself isn't experiencing the screen teating or artifacts, Guess its nothing I can do since its only occurring in my recording software. Sucks..Probably will just return this monitor and get a 4k 60 hs one

Why don't you try Shadowplay or OBS? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

I haven't tried Shadowplay yet but did hear it was a good recording software.I tried obs, and contrary to a lot of peoples belief,its not better than the elgato software. My recordings and stream is much more better looking on the elgato software, as well as the interface is much better. Streaming not so bad on obs,but the recordings come  out grainy looking, and I have i7-7820hk GTX 1080 so it isn't a hardware issue on my part. I prefer the elgato software and hd60 S as my capture device. I still have obs installed, and still retry the software here and there but it just never wins  me over in  comparison to elgato software. A lot of people try to shit on the elgato software but never had a elgato capture device so never even used the software.LOL