Sub box size?

Andreas2821

That varies depending on a few things. To start, ported or sealed box?

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Most manufacturers will list it as a spec on the product page. It should give you the volume of the box you will need as well as the depth that the sub requires to fit. You can also stuff the box if it is designed to be sealed to cheat the volume requirement a bit. Check out Crutchfield  they are a great audio resource.

This is a very open question. Are you building your own in-home sub, or a box for a car? Where in the car is it being installed? Is it designed to be ported or not? Is it a long throw or short throw, what crossover are you thinking? Do you want it to just work or actually sound right?

Depends on the woofer itself.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It’s not that simple. Typically to get the best experience you should use a box designed for a specific driver.

Is there a way i can figure out a "close enough" size without knowing it from the manufacture? 

3 hours ago, Andreas2821 said:

Is there a way i can figure out a "close enough" size without knowing it from the manufacture? 

No. You need to know the recommended size, or the Theil/Small parameters of the driver.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

3 hours ago, Andreas2821 said:

If you google the model number it should give you the specs

The box it came in in around 5~7 L, but does the shape matter?  

Having a great sound system for your car may sound too fancy, but if you’re a music lover it’s a necessity.
 I find a  car subwoofer reviews helpful while having fun on the website.