NCIX Bankruptcy Auction - Day 2

Wow what a weird auction. People paying more than the cost of new stuff for many year old unboxed stuff dumped in plastic bins.

Also LinusCatTips now has over 100k subscribers!

I want to see the guy who spent $2000's face after he realized that those were just heat sinks 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

34 minutes ago, TenThousand said:

I bet a bunch of people were pissed over Linus shouting over the auctioneer.

Well if it were me, I'd be pretty visibly upset to the point of shouting as well. I mean its the channel he help create for years, it holds an extreme sentimental value to the guy.

But I won't be upset to the auctioneer, but to myself failing to secure it, he must've been swept with rage at that point.

That mindchop channel...wow. Just a bunch of click-bait "top 10 list" videos.  Last video was 3 months ago and only had 23k views.  23k views doesn't seem that bad. right? Well, somehow the channel has 1.2m subs so it does make you wonder.  Last 10 videos uploaded did not reach 25k views.

The bids for the auction were mostly crazy. Tons of people overpaying for stuff for no real reason.

best quote at 5:58 xD

45 minutes ago, JuNex03 said:

Well if it were me, I'd be pretty visibly upset to the point of shouting as well. I mean its the channel he help create for years, it holds an extreme sentimental value to the guy.

Linus should have gotten there in a time frame knowing it will be quite busy.

Next up getting a spot closer to the auctioneer and paying attention to the auctioneer would have acquired the plaque.

In the end, Linus did not even want his plaque, he could have bought it from said fellow who knew what was going on, but Lman chose not to buy it. So the entire video was just a "filler"

The warehouse did not get broken into during the night and the gpu's stolen. Now that would have been a video worth doing.

6 minutes ago, poochyena said:

What a bunch of losers harrassing mindchop for not giving Linus the plaque. I know the fanbase is mostly 14 year olds, but come on.

He was going to give it to him, but Linus did not want it. Offering his Catnipstechfun plaque and tellin em to change the channel name. Linus really didnt want it, just a show of an excuse to go to the auction IMO to make a filler video. Still interesting non the less. Its Vancouver area so yes prices go sky high, auction knew it, plus I bet lots of bidders had no clue what was going on, what they were really bidding on, just a bunch of people wanting to see the old shop, see Linus show up.

What would be more interesting would be to know how many online bidders there were, and of those who bid, then of course who bid and won.

What was funny as fuck was Linus saying

Do you know who I am

Dont you know who I am

LOL at his ego

4 hours ago, Kierax said:

Got bought by someone else, Linus got rekt in the auction.  

Poor Linus. Didn't even put in a bid on anything, and probably got a defective (RMAd) Nvidia Shield from his parking lot sale too.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

like, i get that the others guys channel is super clickbaity, but holy fuck i thought this community was better than that,  apparently LTT fans destroyed the like/dislike ration on every one of that kids videos and are talking mad shit in his comment section.

@LinusTech i honestly consider reuploading this with his channel info edited out. cuz it just fucked his channel

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Why are people so salty in the other video?

linus let him have it, and that person never even realized who Linus was. Heck, if he didn't buy it, someone else would

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

37 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Why are people so salty in the other video?

linus let him have it, and that person never even realized who Linus was. Heck, if he didn't buy it, someone else would

Honestly, based off the guy's reaction, body language, and gesture to let him buy it all point to him having 100% no clue who Linus was. If you look at his face after Linus said "Do you know who I am?", he was clearly confused and did not want to insult him with his response of "I probably watched your videos". Dude bro had no clue who Linus was or what NCIX was. I would bet that he was only there to get the play button for himself, seeing as many YouTubers have a hard time communicating with YouTube I think its safe to bet that this guy never received his Play Button and only wanted it for the re-branding of the glass.

Having said all that, I think it was a VERY kind gesture of Linus to give it to him. It angered me just as much as it did most folks to see Linus give it up. I (no joke) had a tear in my eye seeing him give it up, because NCIX was HIS channel, he built it and he deserved that Play Button. I do not approve of all the hate comments on that one guys channel because I believe he does not know who Linus is/was to NCIX. 

All in all, Props to you Linus... Once again you prove that you are a true gentleman and a genuine kind heart.

@LinusTech Would you please address the Mindchop thing at some point? I think it is unfair on the guy, hes just getting harassed and as per the video he was going to give you the plaque and you told him to keep it. His latest video has been destroyed with comments and dislikes from our community. 

They see me floatin', they hatin'... patrolling they tryin' to catch me flyin' economy

His channel is getting destroyed because it is likely a botted channel. He didn't get a 100K plaque, but could have just as easily emailed YouTube support and they would have sent him one. Then again, if his channel is filled with bots, YouTube would have likely shut him down, not given him a plaque. I doubt he has his 1MM sub plaque either. He said something to the effect that he "probably watched LTT" at some point. He knew damn well who he was speaking to, and why he was at the NCIX auction in all likelihood. I smell a rat.

Delid 8600K @ 5GHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming G1 | Phantex Enthoo Pro M SE | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX100 256GB | 3TB Toshiba P300 | Corsair AX750 Custom Sleeved | Dell U2515H | Custom Hardline Tubing: EK Supremacy + 240 Coolstream PE + DDC 3.1 Pump Res Combo/Extended Res/Meyhems Pastel White | Corsair K95 Platinum | Corsair M65 RGB | Bose Speakers + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro + AKG K240 MkII + Shure 840 | W10 Pro | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/socom_hero/saved/#view=NF74CJ

23 minutes ago, SOCOM_HERO said:

His channel is getting destroyed because it is likely a botted channel.

His channel is getting destroyed because too many mentally impaired kids watched Linus' video and failed to understand it, period.

He didn't get a 100K plaque, but could have just as easily emailed YouTube support and they would have sent him one.

And you know this for a fact? Channels like Accursed Farms passed the 200K mark without ever getting anything from Youtube (it's on one of his Q&A).

He knew damn well who he was speaking to, and why he was at the NCIX auction in all likelihood. I smell a rat.

Didn't look like that at all, but most importantly it doesn't matter. It was an auction. It wasn't about how you manage a channel, it wasn't about your connection to NCIX, in fact you didn't even know what Youtube is: it was an auction, it was just about placing the highest bid at the right time. Nothing else matters. The lot belonged to NCIX, then it belonged to its buyer, end of story.

The guy had no other legal or moral obligation than to pay the bill and take the stuff. But, regardless, he agreed to sell the plaque to Linus. In the end, it was Linus decision not to buy it.

So, again, how exactly do we care who the guy was or what his channel looks like?

I was pretty disappointed when Linus didn't get the plaque. Like many others I wanted to see that plaque go to a fitting person. Whether that be Riley, Julia, Jack, or some other person on the team. However, Linus was another good option considering he was obviously an instrumental part of the NCIX Youtube channel. I guess in the end Linus is just too nice of a person.

I've also been reading through the comments in the video, and I definitely don't agree that this MindChop creator deserves that plaque at all. Not having his own 100k plaque is not a good reason to take the plaque of another channel and using it as your own. To me that's not very ethical. 

6 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

His channel is getting destroyed because too many mentally impaired kids watched Linus' video and failed to understand it, period.

And you know this for a fact? Channels like Accursed Farms passed the 200K mark without ever getting anything from Youtube (it's on one of his Q&A).

Didn't look like that at all, but most importantly it doesn't matter. It was an auction. It wasn't about how you manage a channel, it wasn't about your connection to NCIX, in fact you didn't even know what Youtube is: it was an auction, it was just about placing the highest bid at the right time. Nothing else matters. The lot belonged to NCIX, then it belonged to its buyer, end of story.

The guy had no other legal or moral obligation than to pay the bill and take the stuff. But, regardless, he agreed to sell the plaque to Linus. In the end, it was Linus decision not to buy it.

So, again, how exactly do we care who the guy was or what his channel looks like?

Linus was the bigger man and was very generous. I would not have been as receptive, and probably would have purchased the plaque from the dude. Linus did help build that channel from the ground up, and sentimental value is sometimes worth the cash associated to obtain a memento. Sometimes it isn't. It was entirely Linus' call and I respect that.

What I am struggling to respect is the buyer dude's channel. No content in 3 months, low views and interactions. A few viral videos on watchmojo style content. Suspect at best, imo. We can sit here an play platitudes and say we're the better community or whatever, but I have been around the YouTube scene for a fairly long time and seen many hit 100K without getting a play button for months, but usually they do if they reach out to YouTube. I have seen none hit 1MM and not get a button. 1MM is no small feat, even in 2018. 

Hell, he could have purchased the channel from someone after it already had 100K subs, hence he never got the play button...I'm not claiming he did as a matter of fact, just wild speculation. We will likely never know. I would be 100% fine if the channel had quality content, interactions, recent uploads...things that make it look active and legit.

It would be nice if the guy gave a comment, update, something. I'd fully expect him to disable comments on many of his videos if he feels hurt by them. I'd fully expect Linus to tell his fans to knock it off. But this is the internet, and you cannot control it, only hope to influence or contain it.

Delid 8600K @ 5GHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming G1 | Phantex Enthoo Pro M SE | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX100 256GB | 3TB Toshiba P300 | Corsair AX750 Custom Sleeved | Dell U2515H | Custom Hardline Tubing: EK Supremacy + 240 Coolstream PE + DDC 3.1 Pump Res Combo/Extended Res/Meyhems Pastel White | Corsair K95 Platinum | Corsair M65 RGB | Bose Speakers + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro + AKG K240 MkII + Shure 840 | W10 Pro | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/socom_hero/saved/#view=NF74CJ

Linus just destroyed someones Youtube channel

Dont you know who Linus is

LMFAO

He is the YT Terminator

You got a Tumor

hehehehehehehehehehehe

Just now, SOCOM_HERO said:

What I am struggling to respect is the buyer dude's channel. (...) We will likely never know.

The point is, you are speculating about things that don't matter. I've never heard of that guy before, I won't have nothing to do with him tomorrow. Who he is bears no consequence.

I would be 100% fine if the channel had quality content, interactions, recent uploads...things that make it look active and legit.

But there's nothing you have to be fine with or not here.

I'd fully expect Linus to tell his fans to knock it off. But this is the internet, and you cannot control it, only hope to influence or contain it.

Linus may comment on it, probably on the WAN show, but it will hardly make a difference, because if people listened to him there would be no need to stop anything anyway: he already was fairly positive and clear in the video. I don't have any hope for the people deciding to "raid" the channel either.

51 minutes ago, SOCOM_HERO said:

His channel is getting destroyed because it is likely a botted channel. He didn't get a 100K plaque, but could have just as easily emailed YouTube support and they would have sent him one. Then again, if his channel is filled with bots, YouTube would have likely shut him down, not given him a plaque. I doubt he has his 1MM sub plaque either. He said something to the effect that he "probably watched LTT" at some point. He knew damn well who he was speaking to, and why he was at the NCIX auction in all likelihood. I smell a rat.

These are just allegations. We dont know the full circumstances because we weren't there. What are your sources? If you're going to throw someone under the bus you should at least quote where you get the information from. 

I did think it was suspect how he was pretty much at an NCIX auction and looking Linus in the face and then acted like he didnt know. But there are many unknowns, like he may have just turned up because there was a 100k plaque listed online and he wanted it, not knowing anything about NCIX or otherwise. He may have not seen LTT videos or knew who Linus was because I know there are many channels with millions of subs that I dont know of, I discover a new one each week on YT. So it is entirely possible. 

Though I dont like his content, it doesn't mean his community doesnt exist. There may be as many subs as he has and they may like his videos.

But above everything else, I doubt Linus would want to destroy a persons channel. I don't know Linus personally but picking up from how he presents himself and the collaboration projects he does I just don't see that being the case. Linus and LMG in general do their due diligence. 

They see me floatin', they hatin'... patrolling they tryin' to catch me flyin' economy

27 minutes ago, Rylie59 said:

MindChop

Its an auction, Linus could have purchased twice, but he was too busy making video for his first chance.

His second chance, he obviously didnt want it bad enough when he was talking to the bidder who won the lot.

Besides all that, the item belongs to the bankrupcy trustee to obtain as much cashola as they possibly can, leaving it in the hands of the auction company to fullfill the trustee's wishes to sell everything for as much money as possible to the final owners of each and every item up for sale at that auction whether its in a lot or not. That is how thatn auction worked.

Does anyone know what the auctioneer fee's were?

3 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

The point is, you are speculating about things that don't matter. I've never heard of that guy before, I won't have nothing to do with him tomorrow. Who he is bears no consequence.

But there's nothing you have to be fine with or not here.

Linus may comment on it, probably on the WAN show, but it will hardly make a difference, because if people listened to him there would be no need to stop anything anyway: he already was fairly positive and clear in the video. I don't have any hope for the people deciding to "raid" the channel either.

You sound like a nihilist. I don't have sources, I don't really care. None of this crap really matters anyhow.

1 minute ago, SOCOM_HERO said:

None of this crap really matters anyhow.

Kills a bunch of time though doesnt it.

And the Chop guy, is just a Linus casualty.