Any way to remove scratches from a PS4?

GAMINGGUY

Hey,

So the plastic part on the top of my PS4 is really scratched up. There's just 100s of tiny scratches on it and it looks pretty bad, is there any way I can remove these?

Not possible. Same as scratches on screens etc.  You can fill them with silicon but I don't give any warranty LOL

use a little acetone and basically melt it together

Just now, Hip said:

Not possible. Same as scratches on screens etc.  You can fill them with silicon but I don't give any warranty LOL

Dang, I guess i'll just live with it lol.

1 minute ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Dang, I guess i'll just live with it lol.

What PS4 do you have? If it is the model with the gloss black plastic HDD cover, you can just pop it off and replace it with a newer matte black cover or another gloss cover.

image.png.4029b2b7f015163726b00d6538f901b2.png

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Thats one bad thing with plastic. It isn't that durable. There are fixing chemicals, but end result might end looking worse.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Hey,

So the plastic part on the top of my PS4 is really scratched up. There's just 100s of tiny scratches on it and it looks pretty bad, is there any way I can remove these?

You could try some car polish like Meguiars Plastx.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

21 minutes ago, vong said:

You could try some car polish like Meguiars Plastx.

"It'll buff out"

I agree with @LoGiCalDrm

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, Hip said:

Not true, he mentions they are small scratches, those are easy to remove with car compounds or plastic scratch removers like the previously mentioned Plastx.

There are actually some tutorials on YT showing how to do it (FYI, I don't know any of those YTbers, I'm only linking to their videos) ;

There are also videos showing how to do that on glossy car trims, it's basically the same material and process, one of the good car YTbers has a video showing how he does it and what he uses, but I'm guessing his process is a bit too involved for what the OP is trying to do ;

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

10 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Not true, he mentions they are small scratches, those are easy to remove with car compounds or plastic scratch removers like the previously mentioned Plastx.

There are actually some tutorials on YT showing how to do it (FYI, I don't know any of those YTbers, I'm only linking to their videos) ;

There are also videos showing how to do that on glossy car trims, it's basically the same material and process, one of the good car YTbers has a video showing how he does it and what he uses, but I'm guessing his process is a bit too involved for what the OP is trying to do ;

They are still not removed just filled up. :-P

On 3/8/2018 at 12:35 PM, TheSLSAMG said:

What PS4 do you have? If it is the model with the gloss black plastic HDD cover, you can just pop it off and replace it with a newer matte black cover or another gloss cover.

image.png.4029b2b7f015163726b00d6538f901b2.png

Hey, I have the one in the picture above, so with this model I can just take that off and snap a new one on?

55 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Hey, I have the one in the picture above, so with this model I can just take that off and snap a new one on?

Yeah, it just slides and comes off. You could get another gloss cover, or you could get a matte black cover.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

2 hours ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Yes, just look at HDD Replacement guides.

To access the HDD you have to remove that cover.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Ok, i'll get a new cover in a few days. Thank you so much!