DogeCoin - All you need to know

Ok who made this stupid wallet that won't sync no matter what I put in the config file -_-

where would the best place to buy a dollars worth of dogecoin 

buying with paypal

Oh come FUCKING ON!

We can't just keep inventig freakin currencies. It's fucking ridiculous.

michael-scott-no.gif

I have a feeling this is just going to keep happening until all digital currencies are worthless.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

K. Did a quick research. Looks like every damn Dogecoin pool has a server overload. Also many pools have difficulty paying people due to the chaos of so many people signing up.

I'd mine DODGE. the current income with a 280X is $34 a day. But that's ridiculous, it will fall down faster than gravitiy can pull. If you're lucky and you can sign up quickly, get it running then maybe you can make  a few bucks within the next 30 hours. But who knows where dogecoin is until you get paid out?

It's too much chaos and too many empty promises by the pools.

Staying at LTC is probably not that stupid. I myself don't profit from it atm but let's hope BTC will recover quickly from the current crash.

who cares...

K. Did a quick research. Looks like every damn Dogecoin pool has a server overload. Also many pools have difficulty paying people due to the chaos of so many people signing up.

Servers have definitely overloaded and i haven't been able to get a solid connection to my stratum to detect blocks for quite some time. But all my payouts have been super painless and quick.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Servers have definitely overloaded and i haven't been able to get a solid connection to my stratum to detect blocks for quite some time. But all my payouts have been super painless and quick.

I have to admit that i started minig at HasFaster's DogeCoin Pool. :D

However my Doge wallte won't sync and the pool website doesn't refresh my threshhold. It's still at 0. The pool is PPLNS and i use GUIminer.

Edit: wallte now syncing

Edit: i am too retarded to type wallet i will not correct the typos though! -.-

who cares...

When I saw the altcoin charts earlier today it showed dogecoin for the first time, rocketing past many other more established altcoins,

http://dustcoin.com/mining

at one point the revenue per month with an 800 kh rate was over a thousand dollars... it's insane.  The difficulty will start spiking for that heavily now, even if it's a troll coin, it seems to be the most profitable coin to mine if you just intend on flipping them for instant cash.

The dogecoin more than any other proves how empty of real value speculation is to an economy.  Value from nothing, there is nothing productive about this speculation.  All that said, I'm am switching to doge tonight, may as well tap into this free unproductive money while I can.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Yeah, just started as well.

Been mining for about 5 hours, got me 4k dogecoin, which i calculated to be about $5.50.

Anyone know how/when we should sell?

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 | AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.9GHz | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 & Club3D 7950 RoyalKing in the same rig. such dogecoin miningz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | Corsair H70 | Antec P280 White Windowed | Asus Xonar DG | Samson SR-850 | Blue Yeti

And where.

Isn't there an exchange to BTC on Cryptsy?´There to BTC and then somewhere else. :D

who cares...

Yeah, just started as well.

Been mining for about 5 hours, got me 4k dogecoin, which i calculated to be about $5.50.

Anyone know how/when we should sell?

And where.

You can sell them for BTC on cryptsy https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/132 

I'd recommended selling asap. Personally I won't be touching dogecoin, not with an uncontested 400+ million "pre"-mine by the dev. While I understand many have made potentially large profits. Don't wouldn't expect that to continue for a novelty coin based on a parody of the crypto-currency community. This coin was released with perfect timing with the perfect amount of novelty to grab the attention of all the newcomers, many will be burned.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I'd recommended selling asap. Personally I won't be touching dogecoin, not with an uncontested 400+ million "pre"-mine by the dev. While I understand many have made potentially large profits. Don't wouldn't expect that to continue for a novelty coin based on a parody of the crypto-currency community. This coin was released with perfect timing with the perfect amount of novelty to grab the attention of all the newcomers, many will be burned.

Cool Thanks, now i just need to figure out how to get it from A to B and yeah...

And i agree Doge is silly but abit of pocket change never hurts. but uh where do i sell BTC then? to like...well you know....REAL money :P same website?

I am doing as such at the moment.

Will mine more afterwards though, it won't hurt.

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 | AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.9GHz | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 & Club3D 7950 RoyalKing in the same rig. such dogecoin miningz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | Corsair H70 | Antec P280 White Windowed | Asus Xonar DG | Samson SR-850 | Blue Yeti

Current difficulty as of this post is 343.

i'm only getting 5KH/s with my r9 280x 

New Build:i7 4770k @4.4ghz, Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 GD-65 Gaming, Corsair HX750w, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm, Corsair Vengeance 12gb DDR3 1866mhz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SSC

Old build/Little Bros New PC:Intel i5 3570K @4.2ghz, Stock Intel Cooler, Gigabyte z77m-d3h, Capstone 550w, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 5400rpm, Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 660 SC R.I.P Tyson 12/22/03- 04/17/13

Been mining this for the past 3 days. Pretty fun along with a great community. Been able to get quite alot of coins. Hopefully this takes off.

cryptsy 

I don't think I've ever had a single website piss me off to the extent cryptsy has.

I pay all my bills online and frequently access government websites. 

Even the DMV online is less of a pain in the ass.

Error: 410

I don't think I've ever had a single website piss me off to the extent cryptsy has.

I pay all my bills online and frequently access government websites. 

Even the DMV online is less of a pain in the ass.

Just like many of the sites and services, they haven't been able to keep up with the new demand hitting their servers.

I've used cryptsy for a long time. Before this recent rush, it worked nearly flawless. Just bear through the bugs and glitches while they get more servers online and stability returns. Even with the errors that may happen, you can generally get support within 24 hours. Though most errors will auto correct themselves within hours of their occurrence.

Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Dogecoin has been dropping in value every time I've checked it's worth the past 24hrs. :T

Dogecoin has been dropping in value every time I've checked it's worth the past 24hrs. :T

Hopefully a dev doesn't dump his 250 million coins mined in 15 minutes, or the following 400 million mined within an hour after that. The market depth is to shallow to handle a dump larger than several million.

Dem dogecoin charts. :D Ask is way too high, Bid is way too low. Miners are loosing interest. :D

who cares...

Yeah, if we could stop making fake currencies,

ThatD-be-great.jpg

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.