Fortnite beats PUBG to become Twitch’s most streamed and most watched game

ItsMitch

It looks like Fortune has finally kicked PUBG off its throne on Twitch with massive viewership and overall watch time compared to PUBG.

The source is SullyGnome Twitch Stats which is powered by the Twitch API & VG24/7

The popularity of Fortnite is no secret at this point, and this is well reflected in the game’s Twitch viewership data.

Before Fortnite came along, PUBG was the talk of the town. The game dominated Twitch, consistently bringing in more viewers than even the biggest long-standing Twitch games like League of Legends and Dota 2.

Now, it appears there’s a new king. Fortnite, PUBG’s main competitor, has now dethroned PUBG to become the most streamed, and most watched game on Twitch. Stat trackers Sully Gnome have been tracking this rise in popularity ever since the game added a battle royale mode.

Though PUBG maintained its lead until early February, on February 9, Fortnite started pulling in more daily viewers than PUBG. Since then, PUBG began a steady decline in viewership, and Fortnite continued to soar.

When it comes to direct viewership comparisons it can be broken down thanks to SullyGnomes Twitch Stats powered by the Twitch API

d2675e6c-c8da-4b33-8978-4986d5e672e3_chart.png

(This is better viewed in the dark theme) 

Since Ninja shot to popularity (Streamer for Luminosity Gaming) and after hitting 100'000 subscribers on Twitch he provided a massive bump to the Fortnite numbers

When it comes to most viewed statistics PUBG is seriously falling behind Fortnite and on some occasions, it's beating out  League of Legends

image.png.4fc80cc0c5c58c78a72bf8ee6c1c7ba4.png

All statistical data can be located at the following links:

https://sullygnome.com/games/7/watched

https://sullygnome.com/games/365

I'm fairly happy that Fortnite is doing well, dunno about you guys. 

I'm also happy that it is doing well. Not only do I find it more fun to play, it's much more fun to watch than PUBG

4 minutes ago, mr195 said:

I'm also happy that it is doing well. Not only do I find it more fun to play, it's much more fun to watch than PUBG

I play Fortnite as an alternative for PUBG.  Yes, I know they're different, but Fortnite is free and doesn't run like dogshit.  As long as that remains true, I have no reason to play PUBG.  :D 

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Hated both with a passion, but if I had to choose, Fortnite does deserve the cake. Doesnt run like ass, much prettier to look at and there is this whole other game people seem to forget Fornite was built around. 

pubg doesnt run like dogshit any more 

2 minutes ago, savagepain said:

pubg doesnt run like dogshit any more 

are you sure about that also they sure are taking their sweet ass time to handle the cheating problem

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

are you sure about that also they sure are taking their sweet ass time to handle the cheating problem

yeah im sure it doesnt run like dogshit and most of the cheaters are gone but like every game there still are cheaters no matter what you do 

3 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

It's on pc.... Name a multiplayer game on pc that doesn't have a ton of hackers and bots on it.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

9 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

I play Fortnite as an alternative for PUBG.  Yes, I know they're different, but Fortnite is free and doesn't run like dogshit.  As long as that remains true, I have no reason to play PUBG.  :D 

Why does everyone hate on pubg performance? I mean its nothing to die for, but it plays better than fortnite... Also fortnite has crashed like 5 times this week for me. Pubg crashes like once a week for me on the test server... 

Of course none of this is surprising. Fortnite is more fun to watch, but that does not equal more fun to play. I play both and consider PUBG the one that wins looks and play experience. It isn't as much of a run and gun, and I like that. Also, fortnite may be free, but it has those bullshit battlepacks that everyone buys. So is it really free?

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

know one will even know what Fortnite is next year, it’s just one of those crazy fads

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

4 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Yeah no pubg doesn't run shit anymore, thats just you. Also fortnite servers are garbage and it crashes more than PUBG now. Also fortnite isn't on steam which alone isn't good. 

Also they have been doing stuff against cheaters, they are banning over a million a month. I keep seeing less and less.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

Just now, jtmoseley said:

Why does everyone hate on pubg performance? I mean its nothing to die for, but it plays better than fortnite... Also fortnite has crashed like 5 times this week for me. Pubg crashes like once a week for me on the test server... 

Of course none of this is surprising. Fortnite is more fun to watch, but that does not equal more fun to play. I play both and consider PUBG the one that wins looks and play experience. It isn't as much of a run and gun, and I like that. Also, fortnite may be free, but it has those bullshit battlepacks that everyone buys. So is it really free?

Fortnite can't make my heart pump as hard as pubg does but I still enjoy both lol

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

I’ve never understood why one would watch streams. If I have games and the hardware to run them then why would I watch someone else play it?? 

I do watch gameplay and stuff if I can’t decide if I’m going to buy a game though

That's an F in the profile pic

5 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

Fortnite has never crashed for me, and I've been playing it for over 3 months.  I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience. -_-

I will say that Fortnite's aiming system sucks.  You can have your crosshairs locked onto somebody and miss with half of your shots from 20 meters away.  :dry:

From what I know, those battlepacks are purely cosmetic.  I really don't give a crap about cosmetics when the game already looks beautiful.  I'm honestly ok with microtransactions as long as they are purely cosmetics and gimmicks that don't affect the gameplay.  :P 

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

14 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

Also, fortnite may be free, but it has those bullshit battlepacks that everyone buys

They're purely cosmetic items that don't effect anything and they're purely voluntary, you don't need to buy skins to be good at the game

3 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I’ve never understood why one would watch streams. If I have games and the hardware to run them then why would I watch someone else play it??

People don't watch streams and gaming videos for the games as much as they do for the people playing them.  This is why gaming channels on YouTube and Twitch are doing so well.  People don't watch Markiplier and SovietWomble and Vanoss for the games they play; they watch for their humor and (maybe) their skills.

I would honestly compare what you just said to the phrase, "Why listen to music when you can make your own?"

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

11 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Over the past 2 years I went from playing games to watching games and find it more enjoyable. I cant honestly tell you why. 

Is PUBG worth playing? It supposedly has a lot of bugs but why is it so popular?

22 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

wtf, the game is free and u complain about "battlepacks". pubg runs and looks like shit.

Uh I really don't like either that much, but PUBG is for super better

( EDIT grammar was to perfect just want to point that out )

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Just now, Paddi01 said:

Is PUBG worth playing? It supposedly has a lot of bugs but why is it so popular?

no clue, its one of the most boring games i have played.

3 minutes ago, Paddi01 said:

lots of hackers, but the game itself is fun and way more competitive then fortnite, but you have to be really patient .

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

8 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

People don't watch streams and gaming videos for the games as much as they do for the people playing them.  This is why gaming channels on YouTube and Twitch are doing so well.  People don't watch Markiplier and SovietWomble and Vanoss for the games they play; they watch for their humor and (maybe) their skills.

I would honestly compare what you just said to the phrase, "Why listen to music when you can make your own?"

I suppose the personality plays a big role. I think we just have different focuses for what we want from gaming.

I don’t think the statements can be compared, seeing as the point of games is to play them, and even if you consume the media through a stream it’s not at all like the work that goes into music production/ playing an instrument 

That's an F in the profile pic

And yet, people love watching sports, which are also games that are meant to be played. 

Personally, I'd say playing games at a high level require skills, skills that most people won't have the time or gusto to do so it can be exciting to see somebody better than you playing the game. It can help you understand things better by watching how they approach things, it can help you get a better understanding of maps or good hiding places or whatever the heck else. When you're playing a game, you're usually tunnel visioned and you're focused on doing certain things so its easy to miss little details and other things. When you're watching somebody else play, you don't have to worry about that aspect and you can simply watch and analyze things which I personally find can be helpful if you're a player.

Also, sometimes I have an interest in a game but I don't really have any desire to play through it. Maybe I just like the story or how the battles look and I can't stand how the game plays so I'd rather watch somebody else go through that part and just consume the parts I really want to see.