i need some help to figure out a new gaming headset with sourround

stianm3
Go to solution Solved by Himommies,

Get a MDR7506 and a AT2020

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Yes, they all suck. I have tried, SBX, Razer, Dolby, etc... It doesn't work in headphones. And I don't understand why you don't get that besides whatever 7.1 surround Sennheiser put in the GSX1000, their other surround is a recording method, not a conversion algorithm. You can't seem to understand that.

lol you need to get educated on algorithms all digital shit is algorithms, codecs you use to listen to music are using them all of it is algorithms

if you think all game developers make great sounding games you need to get a clue too

fyi shall I screen shot this too

The groundbreaking 7.1 Virtual Surround Algorithm was developed with the needs of professional gamers in mind.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/audio-amplifier-gsx-1000

Just now, pas008 said:

lol you need to get educated on algorithms all digital shit is algorithms, codecs you use to listen to music are using them all of it is algorithms

if you think all game developers make great sounding games you need to get a clue too

fyi shall I screen shot this too

The groundbreaking 7.1 Virtual Surround Algorithm was developed with the needs of professional gamers in mind.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/audio-amplifier-gsx-1000

You are impossible. We've been over this 100 times. Sennheiser put that in their because they knew gamers like you who bought into the marketing wouldn't buy it if it didn't have 7.1 surround. Why is it not in their headphones?

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Some games have fantastic sounds. Battlefield games for example have amazing audio.

You are impossible. We've been over this 100 times. Sennheiser put that in their because they knew gamers like you who bought into the marketing wouldn't buy it if it didn't have 7.1 surround. Why is it not in their headphones?

because you dont force virtual surround on headphones when you dont know the intent

wow, marketing gimmick when in fact there is a difference in sound lol wow

Just now, pas008 said:

because you dont force virtual surround on headphones when you dont know the intent

wow, marketing gimmick when in fact there is a difference in sound lol wow

I never said there wasn't a difference. I said the difference is worse. You are just blind to the hype if you can't hear that it's worse. It's blatantly obviously worse.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Some games have fantastic sounds. Battlefield games for example have amazing audio.

pubg have great sound?

does cod have great sound all the time oh wait its on the developer and engine

I can list many games my steam library has almost 1k games so please tell me how all game sound is created equal

I never said there wasn't a difference. I said the difference is worse. You are just blind to the hype if you can't hear that it's worse. It's blatantly obviously worse.

worse lol shall I start linking topics on other forums with audiophiles?

and please tell me why other audiophiles have never came to your rescue here?

Just now, pas008 said:

pubg have great sound?

does cod have great sound all the time oh wait its on the developer and engine

I can list many games my steam library has almost 1k games so please tell me how all game sound is created equal

I never said all games do, but these algorithms don't help in games with poor audio quality. I'm not saying it doesn't change, but it doesn't help. You put crap in, you get crap out. 

Just now, pas008 said:

worse lol shall I start linking topics on other forums with audiophiles?

and please tell me why other audiophiles have never came to your rescue here?

I'm really starting to think you are doing this to annoy me at this point. I find it hard to believe anyone could be this hard headed and stupid.

I never said all games do, but these algorithms don't help in games with poor audio quality. I'm not saying it doesn't change, but it doesn't help. You put crap in, you get crap out. 

hahaha so you prolly werent around with surround algorithms for vhs tapes

crap recording but great on the tv

nice logic

learn how algorithms are everywhere on digital media

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I'm really starting to think you are doing this to annoy me at this point. I find it hard to believe anyone could be this hard headed and stupid.

then why havent they came in any of these topics and posted even after you name dropped them?

google

virtual surround site:(insert your audio forum website here)

Just now, pas008 said:

hahaha so you prolly werent around with surround algorithms for vhs tapes

crap recording but great on the tv

nice logic

learn how algorithms are everywhere on digital media

I'm not even going to respond to this......you are so stupid and make up points that are totally unrelated.

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

then why havent they came in any of these topics and posted even after you name dropped them?

They did. I'm the only one who can put up with your BS for this long.

They did. I'm the only one who can put up with your BS for this long.

plz link this

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

All in this thread.

thx you linked a topic which is pretty solid where my point was proven

dont confuse virtual with many driver headsets lol

Just now, pas008 said:

thx you linked a topic which is pretty solid where my point was proven

You can't be this stupid.....Look at the last page, the people I tagged said you were wrong.

You can't be this stupid.....Look at the last page, the people I tagged said you were wrong.

plz quote them because many say there is a difference and many start putting music into the mix which virtual surround isnt needed for

did you even read?>

Just now, pas008 said:

plz quote them because many say there is a difference and many start putting music into the mix which virtual surround isnt needed for

did you even read?>

No you don't read. I said multiple times that I said there was a difference. The difference is for the worse though.

No you don't read. I said multiple times that I said there was a difference. The difference is for the worse though.

lol wow you must have no experience with surround or virtual surrond which are all algorithms

thx for proving my point

Just now, pas008 said:

lol wow you must have no experience with surround or virtual surrond which are all algorithms

thx for proving my point

Oh my god......honestly, I'm done. You are hands down the dumbest person I've ever met on the forum. I have tried numerous algorithms, they are worse. You are so brainwashed by the marketing that you can't honestly sit there and say that positionally the virtual surround sounds worse. It's so blatantly obvious, it's not even opinion, anyone who is even remotely sane could tell you that positionally virtual 7.1 sounds worse. You obviously have no experience with headphones. I've heard dozens of pairs of headphones of all different price ranges and own many pairs, one thing I check with every headphone is gaming performance in positional audio. It's included in every one of my reviews.

Oh my god......honestly, I'm done. You are hands down the dumbest person I've ever met on the forum. I have tried numerous algorithms, they are worse. You are so brainwashed by the marketing that you can't honestly sit there and say that positionally the virtual surround sounds worse. It's so blatantly obvious, it's not even opinion, anyone who is even remotely sane could tell you that positionally virtual 7.1 sounds worse. You obviously have no experience with headphones. I've heard dozens of pairs of headphones of all different price ranges and own many pairs, one thing I check with every headphone is gaming performance in positional audio. It's included in every one of my reviews.

lol brainwashed?

show me my gaming headphones here

and thats like 1/3 of my collection

4rFG0x8.jpg

Just now, pas008 said:

lol brainwashed?

https://imgur.com/4rFG0x8

Jesus Christ I don't think you could have that any messier. All I could make out from that mess is HD650s, DT770s, and I think K702s.

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

lol brainwashed?

and thats like 1/3 of my collection

I'll tell you the gaming headphones if you would get a list instead of pictures of that jumbled mess.

6 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I'll tell you the gaming headphones if you would get a list instead of pictures of that jumbled mess.

son dont act like you are superior to me, I have spend my life in gaming immersion

sound is more immersive than vision

fyi I use 5 monitors too have 3 of the same monitor you use

i'm all about being immersive