i need some help to figure out a new gaming headset with sourround

stianm3
Go to solution Solved by Himommies,

Get a MDR7506 and a AT2020

i like my  Razer Tiamat 7.1  and i have had it for so long now but i want something new possibly corsair so i can pair it with corsair link but there is 1 reason i dont wanna change to another headset even tho i liked it and thats the Razer Tiamat's mixamp it can change from my headset to my logitech z5500 on the fly with one button push and i can put away the headset and chill with music or movies so i need a 7.1 headsett with a mix amp with atleast 5.1 pass trogh/splitter so i can change between the logitech and the headset (possibly with 5 3.5 jack inputs i like those the best) is there any headsetts out there that fill these requirements? 

Cpu: intel i7 4790k    Motherboard: MSI GAMING 5   GPU:Nvidia GTX 980Ti   PSU: Corsair AX 760 PSU  RAM:Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 24GB RG  SSD: OZC Vertex 4 128GB  HDD: 2x1tb WD  Case: Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow edition! 

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Budget?

i  looked at astro a 40 with mixamp and thats about 300$ rough convertion to dollars and thats a bit much so under that maybe? about like a 100$ would be fine but im not that worried since these has lasted so long and was only about 70$ at the time 

Cpu: intel i7 4790k    Motherboard: MSI GAMING 5   GPU:Nvidia GTX 980Ti   PSU: Corsair AX 760 PSU  RAM:Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 24GB RG  SSD: OZC Vertex 4 128GB  HDD: 2x1tb WD  Case: Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow edition! 

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Have you considered real headphones? Gaming headsets aren't very good, and 7.1 virtual surround is terrible and nothing but a marketing gimmick.

what do you consider real? thats good for gaming then? xD

I went through many headsets until I finally found one that worked. The Cloud 2s are really nice, sennheiser makes good headsets too but fit a bit narrow, and im currently using the Arctis 5s. I'd recommend the Steelseries. Good sound quality and I just turn off the rgb.

Also, I tried the whole enthusiast headphones and modmic route but that really wasnt for me. The modmic was the best mic i'd ever used but the added cord was too bulky. Ended up returning both and going back to a gaming headset. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Get a MDR7506 and a AT2020

these did not do any of the things i wanted tho 

Just now, Vigilante505 said:

I went through many headsets until I finally found one that worked. The Cloud 2s are really nice, sennheiser makes good headsets too but fit a bit narrow, and im currently using the Arctis 5s. I'd recommend the Steelseries. Good sound quality and I just turn off the rgb.

any of them have the passtrough or splitter as i need? 

1 minute ago, stianm3 said:

these did not do any of the things i wanted tho 

They a far superior in terms of sound quality.You can just buy a cheap audio interface through the norwegian equivalent of craigslist and call it a day

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

They a far superior in terms of sound quality.You can just buy a cheap audio interface through the norwegian equivalent of craigslist and call it a day

i dont really care for the sound quality i use the headset for gaming and the logitech for music and movies 

guess i need to change my post i need the "gimmicky" sourround system when playing im after a gaming headset 

Just get the Status Audo CB-1 and the Vmoda boom price. Virtual surround ruins the gaming experience.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Just get the Status Audo CB-1 and the Vmoda boom price. Virtual surround ruins the gaming experience.

that depends rly on who you ask im more of a if i cant run ultra on over 60fps that breaks the game for me my ears are fucked anyway by my car audio system xD 

33 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Have you considered real headphones? Gaming headsets aren't very good, and 7.1 virtual surround is terrible and nothing but a marketing gimmick.

Lol gimmick huh 

Shall we go over the differences that can be heard

Shall we go over how all digital media is algorithms and is used on receivers for actual surround sound

Please tell me all your experiences with surround sound and virtual surround

Lol headfi/etc even acknowledge it for gaming and movies

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

Lol gimmick huh 

Shall we go over how all digital media is algorithms and is used on receivers for actual surround sound

Please tell me all your experiences with surround sound

Why do you even try with this? We've been over this, we had an entire thread and you were wrong. Every single audiophile forum member who participated in that post said it was terrible. I am not aruging with you any more, you bought into the marketing, I get it. I'm not wasting time going over a subject we already spent days on.

6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol gimmick huh 

Please tell me all your experiences with surround sound and virtual surround

Lol headfi/etc even acknowledge it for gaming and movies

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Why do you even try with this? We've been over this, we had an entire thread and you were wrong. Every single audiophile forum member who participated in that post said it was terrible. I am not aruging with you any more, you bought into the marketing, I get it. I'm not wasting time going over a subject we already spent days on.

well thanks for the help guys this helped me a lot im doing as you said my master and im going for the Tiamat v2 :D not a single f**k was given to the sound quality since im using it for gaming and not to masturbate in a corner to the perfect sound of the perfect note of the perfect melody thank you and have a nice day :D

1 minute ago, stianm3 said:

not a single f**k was given to the sound quality since im using it for gaming

If you had the choice between a headset that was tonally accurate and one that wasn't but marked better which one would you take.

My life

6 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

so you receivers can use algorithms in movies to upmix it with prologic/atmos/neo/etc but you cant use algorithms to downmix to stereo

haha

no difference here huh

buy into the audiophile world that all games have great sound

so you receivers can use algorithms in movies to upmix it with prologic/atmos/neo/etc but you cant use algorithms to downmix to stereo

haha

no difference here huh

Yes there's a difference. It makes the sound very hollow and worse.

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Yes there's a difference. It makes the sound very hollow and worse.

different algorithms there

just like surround sound in receivers lol

one sounds great while others blah

have you ever tried any lol cause there is a difference you dont hear the difference in positional in video above?

I am starting to think you are deaf from your m50's

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

different algorithms there

just like surround sound in receivers lol

one sounds great while others blah

have you ever tried any lol cause there is a difference you dont hear the difference in video above?

I am starting to think you are deaf from your m50's

That is not how positional audio works. When you turn around something doesn't get quieter like those algorithms do. All they do is make sounds behind you quieter which isn't realistic. There is no sense of distance. And we aren't getting started on the heap of shit the M50Xs are.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

That is not how positional audio works. When you turn around something doesn't get quieter like those algorithms do. All they do is make sounds behind you quieter which isn't realistic. There is no sense of distance. And we aren't getting started on the heap of shit the M50Xs.

lol have you tried sbx or sennheisers or even yamahas silent cinema?

I can list more like up in your head, cmss, dolby, razer, headphonex, virtualx, shall i go on?

because I have used almost all there is, its about preference just like sound signature

plain and simple

fyi I can pin point people with sbx on any headphones I use, I even know to turn up surround 10 notches on sbx with many closed headphones

lol have you tried sbx or sennheisers or even yamahas silent cinema?

I can list more like up in your head, cmss, dolby, razer, headphonex, virtualx, shall i go on?

because I have used almost all there is, its about preference just like sound signature

plain and simple

Yes, they all suck. I have tried, SBX, Razer, Dolby, etc... It doesn't work in headphones. And I don't understand why you don't get that besides whatever 7.1 surround Sennheiser put in the GSX1000, their other surround is a recording method, not a conversion algorithm. You can't seem to understand that.