NCIX Bankruptcy Auction - Day 1

Its confusing how companies like this end up bankrupt. They had online presence and they also had famous people that do/did work for them.

When you're too early so the only resolution option is 360p :S 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, CapedCrusader21 said:

He talked all about it in a Wan Show. Basically he knew they were going under, proposed a solution and was ignored. So he left to work on his own company. (LMG)

Well, i'm glad at least crazy russian managed to leave NCIX and started working for LMG, but i am disappointed we don't see him more often on LMG.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Wow watching the part where he talks about Irene is just heartbreaking, I've never seen Linus get emotional like that before. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Wow watching the part where he talks about Irene is just heartbreaking, I've never seen Linus get emotional like that before. 

I have but you have to watch his older videos when he talks about his Wife & kids.

just looked at the cattips channel and it's subs are nearly at 90k already, is linus gonna break the barrier by just mentioning the thought?

that's stupidly effective marketing and awesome.

Knipsel.PNG.84597adcb8d86b650afc42450825ee45.PNG
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL81YHgzH8tcrFfOJJwlSQw

edit:
While making this post it broke the 90,000 subs barrier

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

You know they're fucked when they can't even manage their inventory well enough to make sure they're not stuck with 100 Galaxy Note cases, years after the phone became obsolete.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

It must be devastating to see old colleagues stuff up for grabs

I make intelligent lights do cool things

1 hour ago, Bsmith said:

just looked at the cattips channel and it's subs are nearly at 90k already, is linus gonna break the barrier by just mentioning the thought?

that's stupidly effective marketing and awesome.

Knipsel.PNG.84597adcb8d86b650afc42450825ee45.PNG
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL81YHgzH8tcrFfOJJwlSQw

edit:
While making this post it broke the 90,000 subs barrier

92k now ?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

2 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Well, i'm glad at least crazy russian managed to leave NCIX and started working for LMG, but i am disappointed we don't see him more often on LMG.

Do you know the wan episode it was in? cheers 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

1 hour ago, Ezzy-525 said:

92k now ?

94K now

F

I've got $50 Linus bring me back a GPU. 1080 Ti please, but 1080's ok if you can't swing that kind of deal.

Can't get that kind of deal? No, dude, it's ok, it's American money. It's worth, like, a million of your Canadian monies.

3 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

You know they're fucked when they can't even manage their inventory well enough to make sure they're not stuck with 100 Galaxy Note cases, years after the phone became obsolete.

Those cases probably cost them $5-7 each, at most. That's not what brought them down.

Keep in mind that the OG Note was kind of a weird phone. By today's standards, it's downright normal, but by the standards of the day, it was huge, and it was more niche than mainstream. Lots of companies were stuck with unused Note accessories, and NCIX just appears to have never written theirs off.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Notice how the gpu's were guarded LOL

I hope it doesnt turn out to be a The Liquidator repeat, where the warehouse gets broken into and the good merch stolen.

F

Its actually kind of sad, they had great prices, delivery and the like, along with great stock. I have no idea why they thought investing in physical stores would be a good idea when people are switching more to online, you have a lesser selection in store, and many other physical stores are failing.

I wonder what will happen to their youtube channel?

Yeah

Great prices for you

But no meaningful profit for ncix

their website was circa 1998 coming from a computer store

physical store debate - yeah who knows why people are stupid and do things

YT Channel - you want to buy it? if not, who wants to buy it. Who would even want it.

Just added my sub for Linus to get another silver Play button 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

NCIX used to be awesome.   It was my go to computer shop whether I just needed to load up on some cables, get a new graphics card or put together a full build.  I remember placing an order for a full PC build and getting an email the next day telling me all my parts were ready for pickup at the store.  

It's a shame my last experience with them was spending $1800 then having them close down before they could process my refund.  Thankfully my bank finally credited me my money back (3 months later).

I bought some noctua ppc fans from them a few years back because it was cheaper than newegg (loltax). Still work.

F