First Build!!!!

CombatComedy

Ever since I was young, I was gaming on a pc. I couldn't get enough of Halo Combat Evolved and played for hours on end. I ended up transferring to console because the pc became quickly outdated ( mind you, i was about 5 lol). As of recently (2 years ago) I have been interested in computing and thought it would be cool to build my own system, so I put my mind to it (more like my wallet to it) and I was in 6th grade two years ago so I had no real source of income so I had to start saving some birthday money and small under-the-table jobs for a small pay. So I kinda put off the building and searching for parts because I knew things would advance etc. Now, it's November 2017 and I have about $1000 USD to spend on my beautiful PC build, so I start with my case (at the time, I barely knew anything about cases so I just bought whatever I thought looked cool) and that was the DIYPC-Gamemax-RGB. This $80 case is honestly not too bad but I would never buy it again if I had the choice ( https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353135&cm_re=gamemax_rgb-_-11-353-135-_-Product )  . Then I got my CPU for Christmas that was on sale on cyber Monday ( I5-7600K for only 200USD) from there I got the rest of my components other than my GPU which is what I was stuck on. I barely had any money for a good GPU and waited for a good sale which I found 2 days ago on OutletPC which I got very excited about and can still feel the endorphin high fading away lol. This GPU is an MSI 1060 3gb that I got for 280USD

which very quickly sold out (https://www.outletpc.com/zs8841-msi-geforce-gtx-1060-3gt-oc-3gb-directx-12-192bit.html )and then started selling again for about 450USD. Honestly, I am going to be happy when I get to build my system although it is not my first physical build (I built my friend his rig), I am still insanely excited. This has pushed me towards looking at studying computer hardware for college and has gotten me slightly more motivated with my future (me only being in 8th grade). It really amazes me that you can literally make a transistor the size of a single nanometer!!! That's only 10 times larger than a hydrogen atom. Also this has made me look more into quantum computing because everything today is pushing technology and we don't want to be using computers that are the size of whole rooms, in this case, and probably only in this case, smaller is considered better ;). Thank you all for reading my little story, and feel free to look at my build and say whatever you want. 

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Pics or it didn't happen xD

I just bought my gpu and it's supposed to ship here by the 15th lol

1 minute ago, CombatComedy said:

I just bought my gpu and it's supposed to ship here by the 15th lol

Haha.

In all seriousness, congratulations! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I built my first pc in 6th grade, im in 9th grade now. I should be in 10th

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

xD

Looking forward to that computer pr0n as well :)

7 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Dayum, you've got me beat. Built my first computer in 11th grade. That was a couple years ago now :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

7 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Dayum, you've got me beat. Built my first computer in 11th grade. That was a couple years ago now :P

Took one apart in 6th grade and in 7th grade I built my first. Great experience.

On 3/7/2018 at 1:00 PM, Energycore said:

Looking forward to that computer pr0n as well :)

Ha! Started taking apart PCs in the 4th grade and built my first in the 5th! :D. Although, with some “substantial” help from my father :).

Anyways, great job OP. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

1 hour ago, KSP said:

Ha! Started taking apart PCs in the 4th grade and built my first in the 5th! :D. Although, with some “substantial” help from my father :).

Anyways, great job OP. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

In 8th grade, just built my first last December, already looking forward to switching CPUs (8/9600k) come Christmastime

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

• 3 weeks later...