Partial home theatre came with the new house; what sub to get?

13CA350

I just bought a new house, and the previous owner left a Sony STRDH750 7.2 channel receiver, but he took the sub(s).

I'm curious what subwoofer(s) I should get. I'm pretty sure he had a 10 inch downfiring one before, maybe you could recommend one for under $200? All my other speakers are from Bic America so I'm not sure if I should stick with one brand or not...

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I realize this is from 2 weeks ago, but if you're still looking the used market can be a good way of finding quality audio for decent prices.

This isn't bad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Velodyne-DLS-3750R-Powered-Subwoofer/263557228038?hash=item3d5d3c2606:g:KHAAAOSwtJFarsXE

And there are several 8 inch Velodynes on Ebay as well right now.  (I have a particular fondness for Velodyne, but there are many options.)  What is appropriate size-wise depends on the room, what volumes you want to achieve, What sort of mix you prefer, etc. 

More rapid responses and more information for home audio can be found at AVS forums if you can't find anything here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 8:37 PM, 13CA350 said:

I just bought a new house, and the previous owner left a Sony STRDH750 7.2 channel receiver, but he took the sub(s).

I'm curious what subwoofer(s) I should get. I'm pretty sure he had a 10 inch downfiring one before, maybe you could recommend one for under $200? All my other speakers are from Bic America so I'm not sure if I should stick with one brand or not...

Thanks in advance

If you want bang for your buck look into ELAC their speakers are stunning for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/Debut-Powered-Subwoofer-Andrew-Jones/dp/B014GSEQ2O

Im gling to have to second velodyne, or some old guitar cabinet 12"s depending on the ones. 

You can get 21" woofers from mcm for a pretty good deal too.