Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 minute ago, rkv_2401 said:

Woah! I was checking using extremeoverclocking's active users tally - for our team, PCMR, Reddit and default teams. It must have been a bit slower to update, cuz of the WU rollout issues.

Not exactly, the update would have been fine, but you have to realise that EOC only shows the top 6000 teams, many new teams just wont show on it, and you didnt go and check all 6k you can see did you?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Not exactly, the update would have been fine, but you have to realise that EOC only shows the top 6000 teams, many new teams just wont show on it, and you didnt go and check all 6k you can see did you?

There's also likely a lot of clients folding under the Default "Anonymous" user and Default (0) team so won't show up as unique users in XOC stats.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

There's also likely a lot of clients folding under the Default "Anonymous" user and Default (0) team so won't show up as unique users in XOC stats.

Very true, will add a call out to check your client in the next blog later today!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
14 hours ago, mattheginger said:

Thanks so much @Gorgon @minibois , that’s super helpful.

So it’s quite clear really, 2060 or 2070. 

This makes sense really, given what appears to be a disproportionately large premium we seem to pay here for the super cards. The price cuts I always hear about in the States and Canada never really seem to filter through to us 😟

Based on the chart, I’m thinking I’ll get a single 2070 (non super) tonight, and toy with the prospect of picking up a 2060 when funds permit.. 

...you know....to keep other one company 🙃

Just be careful with the 2070s as there are two variants - the standard and the "A" model that has higher boost frequencies - Check Tech PoweredUP's database when comparing models

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. Am running the Brave browser and it does not seem to like to play nice with the web control. I have other browsers installed (Firefox, Vivaldi, Opera) and they all load the web control without issue, but the Brave browser (especially right now with the huge influx of traffic for Covid-19) does not seem to want to work, doesn't matter if I select it to let everything possible run (Java, Cookies, Location etc). Any one with any ideas would appreciate it as I really do like how the browser works other than this.

1 minute ago, madprofessor207 said:

Can someone un-recommend my COVID-19 post? It is no longer up to date. There are a lot more GPU and CPU work units.

@TVwazhere

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Scrolling through the Team names. This might be the best one

image.png.95e67202dcfe2a072752f5359b1950ee.png

Official LTT Folding Event Starts Oct 12th-Nov 22nd! Donate to Science, Enter to Win Prizes!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Hmm, somewhat annoying.. Well, its great that so many started folding so the f@h team is running out of WU's, but its really not helping stablilizing my PPD.. :P

image.png.c5a6018deffd2511be8b72514bc1fdc2.png

12 minutes ago, Yabdat said:

Hmm, somewhat annoying.. Well, its great that so many started folding so the f@h team is running out of WU's, but its really not helping stablilizing my PPD.. :P

Spoiler

Same

image.png.42630e28faec3f56405b90c4038b7d05.png

Official LTT Folding Event Starts Oct 12th-Nov 22nd! Donate to Science, Enter to Win Prizes!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, Yabdat said:

Hmm, somewhat annoying.. Well, its great that so many started folding so the f@h team is running out of WU's, but its really not helping stablilizing my PPD.. :P

For someone new it looks like things are improving but the veterans are definitely taking a hit I see.

last 6 days.PNG

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

Yeh... same for me... but on the CPU side of things I now have a steady flow of WUs. GPU takes a few minutes to get work

HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

Quick question... Is it viable thermally to fold on two cards thicker than 2 slot in a system? I.e... less than a full slot between them?

10 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

Quick question... Is it viable thermally to fold on two cards thicker than 2 slot in a system? I.e... less than a full slot between them?

Yes, but you shouldn't expect the card with less breathing space to the fans to run as high clocks at as low temps as the other card, even with a good airflow case.

Verry rough "beta version" of this post, but I think I have finally managed a way to easily run AMD GPU F@H on Linux!

HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

8 hours ago, mattheginger said:

8 hours ago, justpoet said:

Yes, but you shouldn't expect the card with less breathing space to the fans to run as high clocks at as low temps as the other card, even with a good airflow case.

I'll take some pictures these days if I make myself leave the house but what @justpoet said is totally correct.

I've put 2080 S in upper slot and R9 380 in lower slot (they are apart about a centimeter or two - therefore little breathable for 2080 S), R9 was hitting normal max temps of about 65-70 C while 2080 S ALMOST hit it's thermal limit (88 C) by reaching as far as 87 C.

Both cards are supper overclocked and are hot even by themselves, but I had to test to see the results. :D

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

32 minutes ago, Favebook said:

Both cards are supper overclocked and are hot even by themselves, but I had to test to see the results. :D

Yeah I was literally about to drive down the road to buy a new card when I made that post 😅, so I played it safe and picked up a 2 slot 2070s, instead of an Asus 2.7 slot.

I don’t have a second card yet, as I sold my 1660ti. But I’m thinking ahead a few months about what I may put underneath it. 

Looking at the stats i wonder how many GPU's @ely105 got folding with wooping 11 Mil PPD even during this strugling times of getting a WU.
Good Job!

Just now, Metallus97 said:

That is some crazy numbers right there. Love the feeling that I am a part of that!

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050