Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

dd0.png


this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

 

systems:

8700k/2080ti - 8350k/980ti - 4790k/1080ti - 4460/1070ti - r3600/v64 - p9950be/750ti

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yaboistar said:
Spoiler

image.png.cf233c538df89484e88621a2a2d5b62c.png

that's all i've been able to scrape out the servers as of late. my ppd is gonna tank below 2m for the first time in ages.

Same

image.png.33b49c08fc78417d3626921bbd5aaff6.png


Official LTT Folding Event Starts Oct 12th-Nov 22nd! Donate to Science, Enter to Win Prizes!

Sign Up Folding Thread FAQ Install Guide

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, justpoet said:

Hopefully that more recent string of 0's means "servers down for upgrade"

No it means the Wu's are in short supply :( at least they are for me. Seems like it's affecting some people and not affecting others. 


Official LTT Folding Event Starts Oct 12th-Nov 22nd! Donate to Science, Enter to Win Prizes!

Sign Up Folding Thread FAQ Install Guide

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

No it means the Wu's are in short supply :( at least they are for me. Seems like it's affecting some people and not affecting others. 

it's affecting me alright. my systems are idle almost 50% of the time. my PPD is taking a huge hit from this.

i wish there was a way to somehow prioritize my server for WU's over others 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOOOOOHATTTTTT!!!! This is only Team 0!

Increase by over 10x 😮  PCMR/LTT/Everyone folding FTW!306002093_Bildschirmfoto2020-03-17um00_58_58.thumb.png.18f7009d206a01374b4ce2e8b70b9944.png


HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey everyone just updated the op with a link to the new event definitely need to do much procrastinated major update to the OP if you have suggestions or anything let me know.

 

-Pale


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

WOOOOOOHATTTTTT!!!! This is only Team 0!

Increase by over 10x 😮  PCMR/LTT/Everyone folding FTW!

*sigh* if only all my downloads weren't getting stuck


Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Crosshair VIII hero  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Gigabyte 1660s OC -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  Lian Li PC-011D  -  H100i RGB Platinum SE  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  PNY OC GTX 1060 3GB - Asus Strix 1070Ti -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Fractal Design Define C  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

 

CrumpleBox.2: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  4GB Patriot Viper DDR4 2133  -  2x Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX  -  Arctic Freezer 34  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

 

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

*sigh* if only all my downloads weren't getting stuck

Everyone is getting some hickups. Patience is key.


Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

Link to post
Share on other sites

getting this error:

ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: 10001: Server responded: HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

 

did we kill Stanfords servers?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lukada said:

getting this error:

ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: 10001: Server responded: HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

 

did we kill Stanfords servers?

 

more errors, anyone else?

WARNING:WU01:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
11:33:33:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lukada said:

more errors, anyone else?

WARNING:WU01:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
11:33:33:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment
 

yeah it's the same for everyone. there are more people folding than WU's available. so sometimes you just have to wait untill you get one again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say I'm back, and feeling quite warm in my room if I do say so :) Got two machines running, one with a R9 3900x and 2080ti folding and another with a RX580. Now if only I had WU's to do... :( 


Main Rig:

| 3900x @4.35GHz | Noctua NH-D15 LTT Edition | Nvidia 2080ti FE +140/1000 | Gigabyte x570 AORUS Master | Crucial Ballistix Gaming 2x16GB@3533MHz | Fractal Design Meshify C |

My Folding Stats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2020 at 10:04 PM, Beerzerker said:

You did setup a GPU slot..... Right?
If not it won't fold on the GPU. Could also be you simply haven't received a WU for the GPU yet.

 

This is how you do it.

Go into "Configure" and then select "Slot". Select "Add" and you'll see the box come up with the option to add a CPU or GPU slot. Simply click on the GPU slot tab/selection and then save it. The program will then configure itself, setup the slot and then get a WU for it. DO NOT change any values when adding it, defaults are what you want.

It finally started running.

I already had the GPU slot setup, but it just wouldnt pickup any projects on the GPU side.

 

After 2 days I finally got a GPU project running as well. I looked around some F@H fora, and apparently there are more GPUs connected than they can facilitate, so sometimes it can take up to several hours or days to find a project for the GPU.

 

Now I ran into the next issue, the GPU is only utilized for 1% or 2%, any idea why this might happen?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wilmaster1 said:

Now I ran into the next issue, the GPU is only utilized for 1% or 2%, any idea why this might happen?

you're looking at GPU usage in task manager right? if so, it's complete bollocks lmao

 

my gpu is only at "50%" because it's looking at GPU Copy stats, but my CUDA usage is maxed out. i'd upload a screenshot but the forum is being kinda funky rn


this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

 

systems:

8700k/2080ti - 8350k/980ti - 4790k/1080ti - 4460/1070ti - r3600/v64 - p9950be/750ti

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

you're looking at GPU usage in task manager right? if so, it's complete bollocks lmao

 

my gpu is only at "50%" because it's looking at GPU Copy stats, but my CUDA usage is maxed out. i'd upload a screenshot but the forum is being kinda funky rn

 

I was looking at the NZXT CAM software.

If I look at the AMD Radeon Software stats it is indeed maxing out, thank you for pointing this out, I was afraid my GPU wasnt being utilized as well as it could.

 

I wanted to upload an image as well, but it doesnt allow me to either. Anyway, all seems fine now, thank you for the info.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wilmaster1 said:

 

I was looking at the NZXT CAM software.

If I look at the AMD Radeon Software stats it is indeed maxing out, thank you for pointing this out, I was afraid my GPU wasnt being utilized as well as it could.

 

I wanted to upload an image as well, but it doesnt allow me to either. Anyway, all seems fine now, thank you for the info.

as a general FYI: for nVIDIA cards look at something like GPUz, for AMD cards look in radeon software


this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

 

systems:

8700k/2080ti - 8350k/980ti - 4790k/1080ti - 4460/1070ti - r3600/v64 - p9950be/750ti

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, RollinLower said:

yeah it's the same for everyone. there are more people folding than WU's available. so sometimes you just have to wait untill you get one again.

 

 

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

two stuck downloads, and two stuck uploads.

and i can't even upload the screenshot to the forum.

 

feelsbadman.jpeg

 

I never thought we would actually see the day where there are more folders out there than possible work to do. I know its frustrating for us who pride ourselves on the personal accomplishments we have in folding but lets take a second and realize that we are giving F@H more power than they can fully utilize even!


Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, palespartan said:

 

I never thought we would actually see the day where there are more folders out there than possible work to do. I know its frustrating for us who pride ourselves on the personal accomplishments we have in folding but lets take a second and realize that we are giving F@H more power than they can fully utilize even!

Yes, this, and to make it more precise - it's a backend issue on the FOH server side to make project copies quickly enough to meet the demand for said copies. There is much more computational work/projects to do, but the distribution is being bottlenecked atm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Yes, this, and to make it more precise - it's a backend issue on the FOH server side to make project copies quickly enough to meet the demand for said copies. There is much more computational work/projects to do, but the distribution is being bottlenecked atm.

Correct.

And in the meantime show BOINC some love!
Rosetta and GPUGrid(Nvidia only) are also doing important work. But as soon as you get more F@H WUs come back to it :D 


HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Promising update from the Director of F@H. Should see some better performance coming from the work servers soon!

 


Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

Just wanted to say I'm back, and feeling quite warm in my room if I do say so :) Got two machines running, one with a R9 3900x and 2080ti folding and another with a RX580. Now if only I had WU's to do... :( 


This forum really needs a sad reacc... 😢

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mattheginger said:


This forum really needs a sad reacc... 😢

Indeed it does, a lot of people (including me) have complained about that too... :)


Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

 

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

 

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Link to post
Share on other sites

May be a silly question... but are there protein folding simulations more suited, or only capable of being carried out by CPU cores?

 

Seems to be implied by this tweet..

 

B46A40B2-5D6A-4E0B-ADCA-205F180003E5.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×