Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

10 hours ago, Gorgon said:

If your running AMD GPUs under Linux and you get them to work please post what finally worked. There’s several people here that have tried and failed to get that going here.

NVidia seems to work just fine on Ubuntu (see HOWTO in my signature) but AMD seems to be a little more challenging. I personally don’t have any AMD cards that can fold as the issues with the Cores and Navi hadn’t been resolved when I last bought some GPUs. I almost went out and got a RX570 last night but even at $150Cdn they’re not worth it for 300kPPD, I’d rather just wait until I can afford a 5700XT.

It did fold under Ubuntu but was on the CPU and I coudn't find where I could control it. I did the install of all three parts but never could find the FAH control to configure it for a GPU. It would always run on the CPU that way and that was it.
I'm still digging around over it and if I do come up with a way I'll let you guys know about it. So far Mint and Peppermint won't work with the GPU period, Bodhi has issues with the folding program, the newest Mint release (LMDE4 Cinnamon) is the same as other Mint versions.
I've yet to try MX-19, that's next up to try.

1 hour ago, Beerzerker said:

It did fold under Ubuntu but was on the CPU and I coudn't find where I could control it. I did the install of all three parts but never could find the FAH control to configure it for a GPU. It would always run on the CPU that way and that was it.
I'm still digging around over it and if I do come up with a way I'll let you guys know about it. So far Mint and Peppermint won't work with the GPU period, Bodhi has issues with the folding program, the newest Mint release (LMDE4 Cinnamon) is the same as other Mint versions.
I've yet to try MX-19, that's next up to try.

FAHControl under Linux is built using Python2 which is deprecated and end-of-life. I did get it working on Bionic Beaver (18) see the HowTo in my sig.

You can also just add a GPU slot in /etc/fahclient/config.xml then run service restart FAHclient. I run 5 Linux systems but mostly control them remotely from my Windows Daily Driver - see the Remote Access link in my sig. I even have my The FAHControl port port-forwarded on my router and run the FAHClient on my work PC so I can monitor them.

<!-- Folding Slots -->

<slot id='0' type='GPU'>

</slot>

I believe the outdated Python 2 thing is the biggest issue.
I keep getting errors about it needing other things but when I check for updates it keeps saying all is updated. This time with Ubuntu it didn't run and even with the previous I can't say it would run with an AMD GPU. Too little support for it is the key problem here and doesn't help either party involved (AMD and FAH) just don't seem interested in it that way.
I'll keep at it but not getting my hopes up over it.

Just saw that the LTT Folding Team has just moved in to 6th place, overtaking TSC Russia.

Good work everyone!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

yay when i checked it at school earlier it was at 2.1 hours

me: YAYAYA

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

COME COME COME JOIN THE SUMMER FOLDING SPRINT OF 2020!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .'''''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY OR DI  |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,................'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+ mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+ dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/ yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+ ++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN ..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o ``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Hey guys, I was trying to set up folding on a Google Cloud and I'm receiving this error. Can anyone help me out with this?

Screenshot (97).png

Desktop build : Ryzen 5 3600 w/ stock Wraith Stealth cooler | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 16GB DDR4-2400 Crucial | 3GB Zotac GTX 1060 Mini (O/C)

Laptop : Lenovo Yoga 3 14 - Core i7-5500U | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 256GB SSD | 2GB Geforce GT 940M

4 minutes ago, rkv_2401 said:

Hey guys, I was trying to set up folding on a Google Cloud and I'm receiving this error. Can anyone help me out with this?

I just got that error as well about an hour ago. I deleted the GPU slot, re-added it, quit the program and opened it again 10min later and it worked.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

I just got that error as well about an hour ago. I deleted the GPU slot, re-added it, quit the program and opened it again 10min later and it worked.

That appears to have been one part of the problem. There was also a firewall issue, got that configured and now it's pulling in ~1.4m PPD. ?

Desktop build : Ryzen 5 3600 w/ stock Wraith Stealth cooler | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 16GB DDR4-2400 Crucial | 3GB Zotac GTX 1060 Mini (O/C)

Laptop : Lenovo Yoga 3 14 - Core i7-5500U | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 256GB SSD | 2GB Geforce GT 940M

Folks, idk about you all but none of my machines are able to get a WU from the 140 server that’s handing out C22 stuff. All timing out. Not assigning me to other servers when I restart the program or the machine either. Suspect they have an outage. Network settings haven’t been changed and it’s across multiple locations 

image.thumb.png.019a48a6fb6f81e6d3f7496750b970e5.png

opening the page for 140.xxx.xxx.231 in browser leads to a blank page unlike the rest of the servers which display a landing page with the FAH logo and their software version number

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

systems:

8700k/2080ti - 8350k/980ti - 4790k/1080ti - 4460/1070ti - r3600/v64 - p9950be/750ti

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU

This is probably going to be a question already asked. I only folding for folding month so I am still new. Where do I find the passkey for the LTT team? Is there a way to fold only for Covid-19?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard Asus Tuf B450 Gaming Motherboard RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass

Storage: Samsung - 970 EVO 500 GB M.2 NVMe SSD PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2xASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor

Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI

Sound: Corsair VOID RGB ELITE 7.1 Channel Headset Operating System: Linux, Windows 10 PCPartPicker URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bZNZfhttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bZNZf

27 minutes ago, Elektra57 said:

This is probably going to be a question already asked. I only folding for folding month so I am still new. Where do I find the passkey for the LTT team? Is there a way to fold only for Covid-19?

The passkey is a private key you got in an email from F@H, you can somehow request it again, the LTT team code is in the first post of this thread "Folding@home team LTT id#: 223518". As far as I know you can't fold for only the Covid-19 but if you set your folding preference to Any you will get some those WU:s.

7 minutes ago, MrFinn741 said:

The passkey is a private key you got in an email from F@H, you can somehow request it again, the LTT team code is in the first post of this thread "Folding@home team LTT id#: 223518". As far as I know you can't fold for only the Covid-19 but if you set your folding preference to Any you will get some those WU:s.

That is what I put, but it said bad gateway. Now it is working. Hopefully I did it right. Yes, I had to request my passkey again. Thanks for your help. It is early and my brain is not working yet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard Asus Tuf B450 Gaming Motherboard RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass

Storage: Samsung - 970 EVO 500 GB M.2 NVMe SSD PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2xASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor

Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI

Sound: Corsair VOID RGB ELITE 7.1 Channel Headset Operating System: Linux, Windows 10 PCPartPicker URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bZNZfhttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bZNZf

47 minutes ago, Elektra57 said:

hi there,

folding specifically for just one thing is against the ToS of folding@home. your selected preference only applies a weighting that you'll get those work units, not a guarantee. as for now, the entirety of FAH has been weighted towards doing the coronavirus WU's, with something like 12-17,000 work units an hour being assigned to them and less than 1000 being assigned to others.

systems:

8700k/2080ti - 8350k/980ti - 4790k/1080ti - 4460/1070ti - r3600/v64 - p9950be/750ti

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU

1 minute ago, Elektra57 said:

That is what I put, but it said bad gateway. Now it is working. Hopefully I did it right. Yes, I had to request my passkey again. Thanks for your help. It is early and my brain is not working yet.

sometimes FAH's site does that. give it a couple minutes and it will clear up - they get overloaded pretty easily especially now there's a big influx of people coming in to do Covid units

systems:

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU

33 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

hi there,

folding specifically for just one thing is against the ToS of folding@home. your selected preference only applies a weighting that you'll get those work units, not a guarantee. as for now, the entirety of FAH has been weighted towards doing the coronavirus WU's, with something like 12-17,000 work units an hour being assigned to them and less than 1000 being assigned to others.

Makes sense. Thanks!

Guys I have reached out to @Gorgon to see if we have the needed things in place to run an emergency folding event.

If we do would anyone like to help with data entry and validation? 

My Folding Stats Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.85Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
5 hours ago, yaboistar said:

Folks, idk about you all but none of my machines are able to get a WU from the 140 server that’s handing out C22 stuff. All timing out. Not assigning me to other servers when I restart the program or the machine either. Suspect they have an outage. Network settings haven’t been changed and it’s across multiple locations 

image.thumb.png.019a48a6fb6f81e6d3f7496750b970e5.png

opening the page for 140.xxx.xxx.231 in browser leads to a blank page unlike the rest of the servers which display a landing page with the FAH logo and their software version number

Yup, 

I reported this last night. Connection attempts to 140.xxx.xxx.231which is a new server we’re failing on one slot but after another slot in the same system completed another WU and uploaded it to 140.xxx.xxx.231 it managed to download another WU from the same server after which the stuck slot started working

8 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Yup, 

I reported this last night. Connection attempts to 140.xxx.xxx.231which is a new server we’re failing on one slot but after another slot in the same system completed another WU and uploaded it to 140.xxx.xxx.231 it managed to download another WU from the same server after which the stuck slot started working

PITFA

systems:

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU

Just now, Gorgon said:

Growing pains I suspect. The principal investigator brought up a new server and it appears to be overwhelmed.

Considering that it’s that one server alone taking the vast majority of all the requests, I’m not surprised. They’ve weighted heavily into covid19 units and it’s just pummelling that poor box into the ground

systems:

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU