Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

1 hour ago, The Hollanesian said:

I just came on this forum 2 days ago specifically to assist with COVID-19. I only have my CPU running though at Light Power. I wish I had a spare computer to do this so I can put it up on max.

be wary of getting the F@H virus tough, once you start with this hobby it's very easy to lose yourself in it. one moment you get that new GPU for the extra points, the next you're building multiple servers for 24/7 folding. 😛

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

be wary of getting the F@H virus tough, once you start with this hobby it's very easy to lose yourself in it. one moment you get that new GPU for the extra points, the next you're building multiple servers for 24/7 folding. 😛

cough FOLDATRON cough

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

cough FOLDATRON cough

thank you for chiming in. you're a prime example!

remember the steps!

step one, accept that you have a problem

Just now, RollinLower said:

thank you for chiming in. you're a prime example!

remember the steps!

step one, accept that you have a problem

Theres no problem... unless you ask my electrician 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Theres no problem... unless you ask my electrician 

oh come on, we went over this last time, remember?

don't worry about exposing yourself. here at Foldaholics Anonimous TM we reside in a safe space

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

oh come on, we went over this last time, remember?

don't worry about exposing yourself. here at Foldaholics Anonimous TM we reside in a safe space

It's only a problem when it starts interfering with my life.. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, Michael McChesney said:

Is it worth leaving the i7-7700 running or is that not just powerful enough without a discrete GPU?  Does anyone know LTT is coming with setting up their own folding@home server?  Thanks.

To answer my own question, my Asus prebuilt is now folding.  The fan whine is loud enough to (almost) be heard from outside the room with the door shut.  CPU temps are in the 70's so that's not too bad.  I did have a problem with the screen flickering, On for a second or two than off for 2 or 3 seconds then on again.  I ended up resorting to taking a photo of my screen so I could read it.  But it eventually settled down.  I am guessing that the load on the CPU was high enough for the onboard graphics to struggle to render a relatively static image.  Right now that PC is hooked up to my bedroom TV and as I live alone, I don't need it  very much or very often.  I'm happy if it can do some good.  But I may end up having to turn it off at night if the fan whines at that volume.

hi guys. I'm looong lasting fan of LTT, but i joined this forum(just now) for this cause :)

Hope my points will count, as I was already folding, before joining LTT team

2 hours ago, yaboistar said:

urge.. to.. create.. jank.. machines.. over..whelming...

dew it

5 minutes ago, InR said:

hi guys. I'm looong lasting fan of LTT, but i joined this forum(just now) for this cause :)

Hope my points will count, as I was already folding, before joining LTT team

unfortunately not, but the event doesn't start for another few days iirc

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

what about points I'll add to team since i joined?

I've submitted web form as well.

Press F for this WU, I dont think it's going to make it

image.png.86a56e9d8251e2fab43c671a957ee873.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

43 minutes ago, InR said:

what about points I'll add to team since i joined?

I've submitted web form as well.

As I understand it (another newbie) it works as follows:
You contribute to the current registered team, so with the change in team membership the points you are currently folding adds to LLT´s team.

The competition will start when the signup ends, and then when signup ends you can start collecting points to be eligible to win the prizes. 

Hey, I just started folding on my main computer but I was thinking I would get some other computers we have here at the house folding too. So I was wondering. Can you use the same name and passcode on multiple computers at the same time? I'm thinking you probably can't but I just thought I would ask.

28 minutes ago, AthruNe said:

Hey, I just started folding on my main computer but I was thinking I would get some other computers we have here at the house folding too. So I was wondering. Can you use the same name and passcode on multiple computers at the same time? I'm thinking you probably can't but I just thought I would ask.

yeah you can! this is how some people get those insane PPD numbers.

53 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

yeah you can! this is how some people get those insane PPD numbers.

Nah…nobody here has ever signed out cloud computing services for the pure purpose of folding.  That's never happened in competitions before. 🤐

7 hours ago, Prag said:

As I understand it (another newbie) it works as follows:
You contribute to the current registered team, so with the change in team membership the points you are currently folding adds to LLT´s team.

The competition will start when the signup ends, and then when signup ends you can start collecting points to be eligible to win the prizes. 

oh that would make sense :) thank you

Just going to quote my post from the other thread because it got buried fairly quickly:

2 hours ago, sazrocks said:

Just asked Linus on his Beat Saber stream about the WU server and they’re hoping to get the server configured tomorrow then disassemble and do the video on Thursday!

Fingers crossed that it gets deployed by the end of the week and WU problems will be less bad for the weekend.

("Tomorrow" being Wednesday the 25th)

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Hello LTT community, this is my first post here

when i saw the last wan show i saw them mentioning the folding@home and wanted to contribute as well.

my 10 year old i7 870 with a 1050ti was doing nothing so its now folding since last night

since i use my pc in majority to read a lot of manga and tv series, i can keep it up working 24/7

Hope we can help them develop a cure for covid19

8 minutes ago, Nopax said:

Hello LTT community, this is my first post here

when i saw the last wan show i saw them mentioning the folding@home and wanted to contribute as well.

my 10 year old i7 870 with a 1050ti was doing nothing so its now folding since last night

since i use my pc in majority to read a lot of manga and tv series, i can keep it up working 24/7

Hope we can help them develop a cure for covid19

Welcome!

If you haven't already, make sure you read through the pinned admin posts here;

6 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

the most infuriating thing in all of this is the fact every morning i have 2-3 piled up work units that will. not. fucking. send. for love nor money, they won't connect and the transfer fails whenever they do start sending

YET

i can download other work units and they will upload with literally no problem to the same bloody server the other ones are stuck on. i really don't get it. how does one work unit fail to be uploaded at the same time another one just fucks off up the line to be collected no problem. i'm getting properly sick of having to go through and delete work units that aren't being uploaded after i've spent time and power working on them that i could've used to play something if i knew they were just gonna go to waste

honestly i hope they sort this out soon because i'm getting to the point where i loathe turning folding on because i have to deal with this bullshit.

Bro I know it’s shit atm but be assured that they do everything they can to get and revive work as fast as possible.

lets hope LMG will bring the server online fast!

others are also setting up servers together with the F@H team. Let’s not forget F@H is a small group of people and manny of them do it for free :)

besides that: Rosetta@Home has loads of CPU work left for you. Manny also for COVID :)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

21 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

i really don't get it. how does one work unit fail to be uploaded at the same time another one just fucks off up the line to be collected no problem.

Work units are coded to return to a specific work server or collection server. If those servers are down it will not be able to send, but other projects that get sent to different work servers will upload fine when completed.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

it would appear we have picked up a major recruit 

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

18 hours ago, yaboistar said:

this is the thing though - i'm having work units fail to upload while other work units will upload perfectly fine to the same server - if i then reset the counter on the failed upload WU it will continue to fail

i'm assuming this is something to do with the amount of traffic going on wreaking absolute havoc with the FAH network but it's just so goddamn frustrating to have work wasted like this when i catch an enormous bollocking for doing this in the first place

I was watching this WU that had gotten stuck at 'send', and gone well past the timeout stage, finally start getting uploaded...at a blazing 0.3% every minute. It failed at 70%. :/

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD