Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Just now, yaboistar said:

to be honest it's giving me some time to play games for once

😮 at least one GPU and a few cores cant contribute when gaming 😮

Well I am trying to download some games here. I have gigabit, but the service is completely busted. Because EVERYBOADY is sitting g at home watching po...  NETFLIX, YOUTUBE, downloading games, videocalling etc...

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

3 hours ago, yaboistar said:
Spoiler

image.png.cf233c538df89484e88621a2a2d5b62c.png

that's all i've been able to scrape out the servers as of late. my ppd is gonna tank below 2m for the first time in ages.

Same

image.png.33b49c08fc78417d3626921bbd5aaff6.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Same

image.png.33b49c08fc78417d3626921bbd5aaff6.png

Hopefully that more recent string of 0's means "servers down for upgrade"

5 minutes ago, justpoet said:

Hopefully that more recent string of 0's means "servers down for upgrade"

No it means the Wu's are in short supply :( at least they are for me. Seems like it's affecting some people and not affecting others. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

No it means the Wu's are in short supply :( at least they are for me. Seems like it's affecting some people and not affecting others. 

it's affecting me alright. my systems are idle almost 50% of the time. my PPD is taking a huge hit from this.

i wish there was a way to somehow prioritize my server for WU's over others 😛

WOOOOOOHATTTTTT!!!! This is only Team 0!

Increase by over 10x 😮  PCMR/LTT/Everyone folding FTW!306002093_Bildschirmfoto2020-03-17um00_58_58.thumb.png.18f7009d206a01374b4ce2e8b70b9944.png

Hey everyone just updated the op with a link to the new event definitely need to do much procrastinated major update to the OP if you have suggestions or anything let me know.

-Pale

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

WOOOOOOHATTTTTT!!!! This is only Team 0!

Increase by over 10x 😮  PCMR/LTT/Everyone folding FTW!

*sigh* if only all my downloads weren't getting stuck

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

4 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

*sigh* if only all my downloads weren't getting stuck

Everyone is getting some hickups. Patience is key.

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

getting this error:

ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: 10001: Server responded: HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

did we kill Stanfords servers?

23 minutes ago, lukada said:

getting this error:

ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: 10001: Server responded: HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

did we kill Stanfords servers?

more errors, anyone else?

WARNING:WU01:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
11:33:33:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment

2 minutes ago, lukada said:

more errors, anyone else?

WARNING:WU01:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
11:33:33:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment

yeah it's the same for everyone. there are more people folding than WU's available. so sometimes you just have to wait untill you get one again.

Just wanted to say I'm back, and feeling quite warm in my room if I do say so :) Got two machines running, one with a R9 3900x and 2080ti folding and another with a RX580. Now if only I had WU's to do... :( 

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

On 3/15/2020 at 10:04 PM, Beerzerker said:

You did setup a GPU slot..... Right?
If not it won't fold on the GPU. Could also be you simply haven't received a WU for the GPU yet.

This is how you do it.

Go into "Configure" and then select "Slot". Select "Add" and you'll see the box come up with the option to add a CPU or GPU slot. Simply click on the GPU slot tab/selection and then save it. The program will then configure itself, setup the slot and then get a WU for it. DO NOT change any values when adding it, defaults are what you want.

It finally started running.

I already had the GPU slot setup, but it just wouldnt pickup any projects on the GPU side.

After 2 days I finally got a GPU project running as well. I looked around some F@H fora, and apparently there are more GPUs connected than they can facilitate, so sometimes it can take up to several hours or days to find a project for the GPU.

Now I ran into the next issue, the GPU is only utilized for 1% or 2%, any idea why this might happen?

8 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

you're looking at GPU usage in task manager right? if so, it's complete bollocks lmao

my gpu is only at "50%" because it's looking at GPU Copy stats, but my CUDA usage is maxed out. i'd upload a screenshot but the forum is being kinda funky rn

I was looking at the NZXT CAM software.

If I look at the AMD Radeon Software stats it is indeed maxing out, thank you for pointing this out, I was afraid my GPU wasnt being utilized as well as it could.

I wanted to upload an image as well, but it doesnt allow me to either. Anyway, all seems fine now, thank you for the info.

9 hours ago, RollinLower said:

yeah it's the same for everyone. there are more people folding than WU's available. so sometimes you just have to wait untill you get one again.

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

two stuck downloads, and two stuck uploads.

and i can't even upload the screenshot to the forum.

feelsbadman.jpeg

I never thought we would actually see the day where there are more folders out there than possible work to do. I know its frustrating for us who pride ourselves on the personal accomplishments we have in folding but lets take a second and realize that we are giving F@H more power than they can fully utilize even!

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

2 hours ago, palespartan said:

I never thought we would actually see the day where there are more folders out there than possible work to do. I know its frustrating for us who pride ourselves on the personal accomplishments we have in folding but lets take a second and realize that we are giving F@H more power than they can fully utilize even!

Yes, this, and to make it more precise - it's a backend issue on the FOH server side to make project copies quickly enough to meet the demand for said copies. There is much more computational work/projects to do, but the distribution is being bottlenecked atm.

2 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Yes, this, and to make it more precise - it's a backend issue on the FOH server side to make project copies quickly enough to meet the demand for said copies. There is much more computational work/projects to do, but the distribution is being bottlenecked atm.

Correct.

And in the meantime show BOINC some love!
Rosetta and GPUGrid(Nvidia only) are also doing important work. But as soon as you get more F@H WUs come back to it :D 

Promising update from the Director of F@H. Should see some better performance coming from the work servers soon!

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

22 hours ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

Just wanted to say I'm back, and feeling quite warm in my room if I do say so :) Got two machines running, one with a R9 3900x and 2080ti folding and another with a RX580. Now if only I had WU's to do... :( 

This forum really needs a sad reacc... 😢

27 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

This forum really needs a sad reacc... 😢

Indeed it does, a lot of people (including me) have complained about that too... :)

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

May be a silly question... but are there protein folding simulations more suited, or only capable of being carried out by CPU cores?

Seems to be implied by this tweet..

B46A40B2-5D6A-4E0B-ADCA-205F180003E5.jpeg

1 hour ago, mattheginger said:

May be a silly question... but are there protein folding simulations more suited, or only capable of being carried out by CPU cores?

Seems to be implied by this tweet..

B46A40B2-5D6A-4E0B-ADCA-205F180003E5.jpeg

Yep there are projects that are better suited for the CPU specifically and GPU specifically.

Actually while I’m on here...

A guy is coming to buy my 1660 Ti this afternoon, sad to see it go, so I’ll be wanting to replace it pronto.

Which card offers the best ppd bang for buck these days? I don’t have 2080 Ti kinda money right now btw, so that’s out 😅

@Gorgon , you usually keep pretty close tabs on these things right?