Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
On 11/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, Ithanul said:

The BOINC Community Board is now up.

@palespartan @Favebook

Please go ahead and check out the new BOINC community board as well to get information about other distributed computing projects out there.

Thanks to @Ithanul for making this and being our BOINC team leader!

Will add this information to the OP soon but I have a major edit to do on it changing formatting and a lot of things to add to the term "soon" is being used kinda loosely.

Also information about the recent folding month prizes:

18 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@palespartan can you please add to the OP or best answer that the period for claiming the original prizes has now passed, the draw of the remaining prizes for the factual correction ranks will take place Thursday, 14th. 

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Damn, maybe I should have gotten 2060's instead of 1070ti's after all 😂

yeah, you should've. turing architecture is freakishly good in FAH's compute compared to pascal

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

5 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

yeah, you should've. turing architecture is freakishly good in FAH's compute compared to pascal

I got my 1070ti's at a very good price so I'm not completely hating myself for it, but hearing they;re getting 50% increases on Core 22.... Damn. 

Think I should try moving to the beta core anyways? Or stick with Core 21?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I got my 1070ti's at a very good price so I'm not completely hating myself for it, but hearing they;re getting 50% increases on Core 22.... Damn. 

i've been on beta with my 1070's for a little while now and PPD hasn't increased at all. 

i wouldn't recommend on Pascal (yet).

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac Woody  60% Keyboard

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

i had good success with p11737 on my 1070ti giving 1mppd, however, 11737 has reportedly moved back to advanced from beta making it less likely to pick it up. p11738 and p11739 do not perform as well on pascal, being more like core21 in terms of it's performance.

11738 does have a BIG bump on turing, going to 4.7mppd on my 2080ti from 3.3mppd on 11737 and i'm yet to get a 11739 on the 2080ti to see how that performs

tl;dr, switch it to advanced and you should pick up some 11737 at some point but it's not guaranteed wu-after-wu like it seemed to be when 11737 was on beta

is there anything worse that WU's getting stuck on send?

if you're gonna fail a WU atleast don't make me run the whole thing first!

ffs.PNG.b6bdbd5c8007640b6e0fb84a09af9172.PNG

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

On 1/3/2020 at 2:50 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

Has anyone tried a mining card for folding?

Yes, I have a p104-100 (something like a 1070 running at 2GHz with 4GB GDDR5X)  producing 650-677K PPD.

2 hours ago, RollinLower said:

is there anything worse that WU's getting stuck on send?

if you're gonna fail a WU atleast don't make me run the whole thing first!

ffs.PNG.b6bdbd5c8007640b6e0fb84a09af9172.PNG

there is one server that seems to intermittently decide it doesn't want to accept uploads to it

12 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

there is one server that seems to intermittently decide it doesn't want to accept uploads to it

Yeah sounds like the TempleU servers that have been having issues on and off for the last 5 months or so. They apparently ordered a new server at some point but I guess they haven’t gotten around to installing it yet. I’m not really sure why they don’t just spin up some cloud server to pick up the slack in the mean time considering how large F@H is.

LTT 2019 Folding Month Rank: 49    Score: 60,484,697

Current LTT F@H Rank: 33    Score: 384,430,073   Stats

My main Rig (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (Kernel 5.3.13 VFIO) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000MHz (8GB for host, 8GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA GTX 1060 SC Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Windowed

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, urBackup, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 24GB Hyperx Fury Black @ 2900MHz 16-16-16-28

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo 250GB

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's virtdisk is on the SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, urBackup, Gitlab, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Inventory: CPU: Delidded i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz 1.46v  Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A

1 minute ago, sazrocks said:

Yeah sounds like the TempleU servers that have been having issues on and off for the last 5 months or so. They apparently ordered a new server at some point but I guess they haven’t gotten around to installing it yet. I’m not really sure why they don’t just spin up some cloud server to pick up the slack in the mean time considering how large F@H is.

if what's up thread is true and they can't afford to keep their net certificate up... i don't think more cloud storage is ideal. i know that some of their servers are actually hosted on the cloud (amazon AWS i think??)

Just now, yaboistar said:

if what's up thread is true and they can't afford to keep their net certificate up... i don't think more cloud storage is ideal. i know that some of their servers are actually hosted on the cloud (amazon AWS i think??)

Different orgs AFAIK. The TempleU servers are owned and run by TempleU staff, not whoever is in control of F@H after Stanford stopped managing it.

LTT 2019 Folding Month Rank: 49    Score: 60,484,697

Current LTT F@H Rank: 33    Score: 384,430,073   Stats

My main Rig (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (Kernel 5.3.13 VFIO) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000MHz (8GB for host, 8GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA GTX 1060 SC Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Windowed

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, urBackup, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 24GB Hyperx Fury Black @ 2900MHz 16-16-16-28

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo 250GB

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's virtdisk is on the SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, urBackup, Gitlab, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Inventory: CPU: Delidded i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz 1.46v  Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A

p11737 is confirmed back on Advanced! Just picked one up. If you look in the log and it gives a download size of around 11.66MB that should be a 11737 unit. iirc 11733 was about the same size, so perhaps 11737 is an evolution of 11733

I’ve just returned from a break from folding due to moving, Christmas travel and a house that’s just a wee bit warm, and I come back to a bump of 30% ppd on the new core betas!

Im stoked. Are we expecting more gains and streamlining from this core? Or is it pretty much just the same performance from a core from creation to decommission?

My F@H Stats   --  i7-3770  --  Asus P8Z77-V  --  16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3  --  Gigabyte 1660 Ti Gaming OC  --  Corsair Obsidian 650D  --  Corsair HX-650 PSU

2 hours ago, mattheginger said:

I’ve just returned from a break from folding due to moving, Christmas travel and a house that’s just a wee bit warm, and I come back to a bump of 30% ppd on the new core betas!

Im stoked. Are we expecting more gains and streamlining from this core? Or is it pretty much just the same performance from a core from creation to decommission?

i suspect they're still doing some work on it as the WU failure rate is much lower than when c22 came out last with p11733

just FYI the beta units currently up are meant to be testing Navi AFAIK, there are C22 units on Advanced that the rest of us can participate in. however if you have a turing gpu there's a points bump to be had for staying on beta for now

Decided to test the difference of using different PCI-E slots on my B75 mobo i3-2120 in the linux machine, 1080ti. around 1.9m PPD for x16 slot (this is PCI-E Gen 2) and only 1.6-1.7m on the 4X slot. Big difference at around -15%, I suspect 2080ti would have even bigger though. 

core22 seems to be using pci-e more frequently or transfers more data? I think the added time for transfering data back and forth is what causes such slowdown. 

image.png.c00adab6b3504aa91c378d0d43763708.png

decided to test the difference in a mining application between linux and windows, same clocks, same temperature cards. difference is pretty impressive at same sol/s.

23 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

Decided to test the difference of using different PCI-E slots on my B75 mobo i3-2120 in the linux machine, 1080ti. around 1.9m PPD for x16 slot (this is PCI-E Gen 2) and only 1.6-1.7m on the 4X slot. Big difference at around -15%, I suspect 2080ti would have even bigger though. 

core22 seems to be using pci-e more frequently or transfers more data? I think the added time for transfering data back and forth is what causes such slowdown. 

i suspect that gen3 4x might be okay. core22 does seem to communicate more and perhaps this is something to do with it's better processing ability for low atom count WU's? 

15 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

i suspect that gen3 4x might be okay. core22 does seem to communicate more and perhaps this is something to do with it's better processing ability for low atom count WU's? 

I don’t really have an idea on how the gpu works with atoms, but it might have something to do with paralleling the workload more efficiently now? not sure. But in my limit understanding, yes, the bigger amount of communication with the cpu [and thus more use of PCI-E] might impact it, yes. 

lots of WU's getting stuck uploading to 140.163.4.241 this morning

update: stick with it - restarting FSH didn't work but waiting did. the server picked the uploads back up again by the looks of things and they've all gone through

pain in the ass for the PPD loss but hey, whatever

Jason at EoC wrote in a recent update:

“... Also before I forget, I guess it was back around Oct/Nov I got several PayPal donations all at once, I think they were from some folders on the LinusTechTips Team. Big thanks as always to everyone that's made a donation for helping out! ...”

53 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Jason at EoC wrote in a recent update:

“... Also before I forget, I guess it was back around Oct/Nov I got several PayPal donations all at once, I think they were from some folders on the LinusTechTips Team. Big thanks as always to everyone that's made a donation for helping out! ...”

That's awesome, means a lot that it does actually get noticed imo!

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

That's awesome, means a lot that it does actually get noticed imo!

Very much agreed!

My Folding Stats

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 Hybrid, Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED

Well my new RTX 2060 fans have come, on my birthday too! Will be back to full bore folding soon!

My Folding Stats

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED

Was checking my Folding @ home stats and this guy popped up on my threats

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=838368

image.png.f7bc08adbbb9c26524a79efd8d3f056b.png

Excuse me?????? Damn sir!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well my new RTX 2060 fans have come, on my birthday too! Will be back to full bore folding soon!

are you trying to manipulate us into congratulating you??

(happy birthday!)

Just now, RollinLower said:

are you trying to manipulate us into congratulating you??

(happy birthday!)

No I'm trying to manipulate you into folding more seeing that my numbers will be going up!

My Folding Stats

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED

P.S. the best congratulations I could have is a solid day of folding for the team @RollinLower

My Folding Stats

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage