Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

4 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Its possible you are just not returning the work Units quick enough. Also do you know how many you have returned, You need like 24hrs-48hrs of steady work to get the bonus points. 

Then yes, you have. 

21:43:56:WU02:FS02:Upload 1.01%
21:44:03:WU02:FS02:Upload 2.51%
21:52:57:WU02:FS02:Upload 99.51%
21:53:03:WU02:FS02:Upload complete
21:53:03:WU02:FS02:Server responded WORK_ACK (400)
21:53:03:WU02:FS02:Final credit estimate, 75763.00 points
21:53:03:WU02:FS02:Cleaning up

About 10 minutes, my upload sucks lol...

Also it's been about 24 hours so maybe that's why then, tho I'm interested in if there is a ratio of increased base points based on # done. So I'll still set up a spreadsheet to see if there is a pattern :P

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

21:43:56:WU02:FS02:Upload 1.01%
21:44:03:WU02:FS02:Upload 2.51%
21:52:57:WU02:FS02:Upload 99.51%
21:53:03:WU02:FS02:Upload complete
21:53:03:WU02:FS02:Server responded WORK_ACK (400)
21:53:03:WU02:FS02:Final credit estimate, 75763.00 points
21:53:03:WU02:FS02:Cleaning up

About 10 minutes, my upload sucks lol...

Also it's been about 24 hours so maybe that's why then, tho I'm interested in if there is a ratio of increased base points based on # done. So I'll still set up a spreadsheet to see if there is a pattern :P

Keep us posted dude! The QRB, Quick Return Bonus is what it says, for returning the work units quickly. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Ok, so I now know why I haven't gotten any extra points.

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/

The bonus is applied for users who use a passkey, have successfully returned at least 10 bonus-eligible WUs, have successfully returned 80% or more of assigned WUs, and returned the unit before its Timeout (formerly Preferred Deadline). Bonus points do not apply to partial returns.

I should be getting them tonight (confirmed getting them now) some point or early tomorrow (due to issues with my GT640 I lost 2 maybe 3 WU's)

Also I have figured out how points work (and PPD) with the help of http://www.linuxforge.net/bonuscalc2.php for verification

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/

https://apps.foldingathome.org/psummary.html

final_points = base_points * max(1, sqrt( k * deadline_length / elapsed_time))

PPD = 14.4 * base_points * max(1, sqrt( 14.4 * k * Expiration / TPF)) / TPF

For final points all you need is

elapsed_time = TPF(convert seconds into a decimal point of a minute)*100/60minutes/24hours+upload time in minutes

Deadline_length is found in the chart above (usually 7 days)

k is usually 0.75 (chart will tell you however)

max is the highest number (site explains it), so if you go past 7 days you will still get base points. This can be skipped if you're always under 7 days with uploading.

So for my most recent one it took 2 minutes 45 seconds (I'm guessing) TPF +11 minutes to upload So the equation is 15047*sqrt(0.75*7/0.19861) = 77362+15047=92409

my upload line: 02:47:15:WU03:FS02:Final credit estimate, 89468.00 points, discrepancy caused by the inaccurate TPF and upload times, total actually credited based on the site: 89,469(between the score differences). There is a flaw in their calculations (or my understanding of them) claiming to be final since it never adds the base number. 

For the PPD it actually goes based on the project you're working on and nothing else, for the main PPD in the program it is all your processes PPD's added together which is why when you look at the PPD it dips like a rock when the main process stops.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, Ben Quigley said:

@Whiskers It would be really good to get a good showing from the mod team, Im sure you have your own area of the forum, maybe mention it there? If possible that is.

Yup, I'll mention it to the team. ?

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

13 minutes ago, Whiskers said:

Yup, I'll mention it to the team. ?

And tell @iamdarkyoshi and @SansVarnic they can't beat me. ?

22 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

15388511077891646359788.thumb.jpg.f468246c8d699377322a516d481dd586.jpg

:thinking:

giphy.gif

On 3/6/2018 at 9:28 AM, palespartan said:

LTT Official Folding Month!!! Starting November 1st (12:00am Pacific)

Dont forget to change this to brit time! :)

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

For lolz I have a Asus T100HA-SH11T Folding on the CPU ? (it takes about 2 days to fold and gives about 2000 points a day), it's off when I'm out due to using it's power cable for my phone.

Also my server (which rarely needs the CPU power), tho the servers remote web control is all messed up but I think it hands out an additional 5K a day (its a Intel W3530).

The server also spews out this annoying set of errors which I can't seem to fix ? (no hindrance towards the actual work)

13:54:27:ERROR:FS00:Exception: boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/sys/class/power_supply"
13:54:28:ERROR:Exception: boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/sys/class/power_supply"

22 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Dont forget to change this to brit time! :)

By bad will do. Thanks for the catch.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:39 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

15388511077891646359788.thumb.jpg.f468246c8d699377322a516d481dd586.jpg

:thinking:

Thinking about getting rid of the 1x riser cables?...

13 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

For lolz I have a Asus T100HA-SH11T Folding on the CPU ? (it takes about 2 days to fold and gives about 2000 points a day), it's off when I'm out due to using it's power cable for my phone.

Also my server (which rarely needs the CPU power), tho the servers remote web control is all messed up but I think it hands out an additional 5K a day (its a Intel W3530).

The server also spews out this annoying set of errors which I can't seem to fix ? (no hindrance towards the actual work)

13:54:27:ERROR:FS00:Exception: boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/sys/class/power_supply"
13:54:28:ERROR:Exception: boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/sys/class/power_supply"

Try going to that folder set and opening permissions on it to allow access to all users maybe?

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

9 hours ago, palespartan said:

Try going to that folder set and opening permissions on it to allow access to all users maybe?

Yea, I don't know why it wants access to it, since it isn't hindering the work in any seen way I'm going to leave it over risking it causing more issues than it is worth. Even if I made it read only for all it still might not fix it because it might want to write into it.

15 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Yea, I don't know why it wants access to it, since it isn't hindering the work in any seen way I'm going to leave it over risking it causing more issues than it is worth. Even if I made it read only for all it still might not fix it because it might want to write into it.

I was thinking to make it writable to all users just to see if that gets rid of it. hard to know if you're leaving points on the table by delaying some process or something like that.

Folding Community Board:

4 hours ago, palespartan said:

I was thinking to make it writable to all users just to see if that gets rid of it. hard to know if you're leaving points on the table by delaying some process or something like that.

Don't think so the server does 1% every 2 minutes or so (just checked the log). I did notice a thing that I need to try to fix however...

"WARNING:WU01:FS00:FahCore returned: FAILED_2 (1 = 0x1)"

It actually caused my server to stop running F@H for a few hours... It looks like a issue with the client/possibly OS, but I have no idea what would happen to the main purpose of the server if I was to update... It seems to be working most of the time, when I get time I'll try to update to beta and see if that fixes it.

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS

Edit: Welp it's dead ?

update-rc.d: warning:  start runlevel arguments (none) do not match FAHClient Default-Start values (2 3 4 5)
update-rc.d: warning:  stop runlevel arguments (none) do not match FAHClient Default-Stop values (0 1 6)
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/FAHClient do not exist.

I have to admit I'm really under-performing atm to say the hardware Im running ,there seems to be an issue somewhere. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

I have to admit I'm really under-performing atm to say the hardware Im running ,there seems to be an issue somewhere. 

double check the utilization when I was first working on my 1080ti I was having trouble getting it to be above 85%. Can't remember what I did but that was an issue for a while.

Folding Community Board:

Just now, palespartan said:

double check the utilization when I was first working on my 1080ti I was having trouble getting it to be above 85%. Can't remember what I did but that was an issue for a while.

The problem was me being used to OCing vega cards. Im finally remember my nVidia stuff after playing for the last hour. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Ben Quigley said:

The problem was me being used to OCing vega cards. Im finally remember my nVidia stuff after playing for the last hour. 

which model card did you get again? And how where did you get your OC to?

Folding Community Board:

Got my server working again, then it died again... seems to be a recurring issue for it that it solves on its own then commits suicide after 12 hours ?

04:22:13:WU01:FS00:FahCore 0xa7 started
04:22:13:WARNING:WU01:FS00:FahCore returned: UNKNOWN_ENUM (127 = 0x7f)

On the plus side everything else including my poor little laptop are chugging along and has put me into the top 1000 and top 10 weekly contributors ?

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Got my server working again, then it died again... seems to be a recurring issue for it that it solves on its own then commits suicide after 12 hours ?

04:22:13:WU01:FS00:FahCore 0xa7 started
04:22:13:WARNING:WU01:FS00:FahCore returned: UNKNOWN_ENUM (127 = 0x7f)

On the plus side everything else including my poor little laptop are chugging along and has put me into the top 1000 and top 10 weekly contributors ?

Nice! Well done! I've still to spin up some systems yet. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 10/12/2018 at 1:23 PM, Ben Quigley said:

Check to see if something is heavily loading your CPU.  I've noticed low folding performance in the past due to this as the CPU is needed to coordinate the GPU or something for some reason

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

F@H art ... symmetrical style. lol

image.png.e46e4b55a45baf7fb180613be95d9c17.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

13 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Finally folding again! :D it feels good to be back! currently running sub-50 temps on a Threadripper 1920X and a Titan X with just 360mm rad space.

IMG_20181019_185347.thumb.jpg.6eb4f8de1ff2a4c9c1144427c4614ab7.jpg

Welcome back into the fold... (bad pun alert)

Also have you signed up to take part in folding month yet? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

22 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Welcome back into the fold... (bad pun alert)

Also have you signed up to take part in folding month yet? 

Seems like I got back here just in time! Just signed up :D

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

Seems like I got back here just in time! Just signed up :D

Awesome!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240