Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Interesting

And a few others on the channel, call to action.

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

Seems like WUs are gonna be in short supply again soon then

Only if the call to action works, these were posted on FAHs youtube channel, would have been better if they were posted on AMDs/Nvidias channels. Have the respective corporations even shouted about then on twooter, facebook, their own websites. Really anything like that? 

@jakkuh_t would be nice to see these shared by LTT on twitter tbh. #TeamLTT!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I will be reaching out to people in the coming weeks in regards to forming the team for folding month 2020, if anyone has helped out with a previous event and would like to lend a hand on this one please do drop me a message on here and I will take note of your interest!

I will be posting more details when it becomes relevant to do so.

Also I will be talking with LMG to see about them sorting prizes and the like as they have done for the folding month events in the past. usually I end up leaving this too late so I'm trying to keep on top of it this year. 

Finally, A big thank you to everyone who is or have folded, and a special thank you to the guys that help new members and keep this thread alive, you are appreciated!

@leadeater or @palespartan can one of you pin this up top so people can see it please. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

if anyone has helped out with a previous event and would like to lend a hand on this one please do drop me a message on here and I will take note of your interest!

I'll helpout same as last event.

Folding Month 2020 Event Starts October, 12th (00:00 BST) join the fight against COVID-19 with Folding. Lots of prizes to be won.

LTT Official Folding Month 2020 Thread  | Sign up here 

Are you looking for a good cause to support ?   Macmillan Cancer Support | Cancer Research UK

Folding systems - 

Ryzen 7 2700X | ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) DDR4-2400 | 250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2  NVMe | ADATA ASU650SS-960GT-C 960GB Ultimate | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING 8GB | Corsair 750W TX750M 80Plus Gold | GameMax F15M Mesh | Windows 10 Pro

Ryzen 7 1700 | ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING | Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4) DDR4-2400 | 500GB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 |  EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING 8GB | Corsair 750W TX750M 80Plus Gold | MasterBox MB500 | Windows 10 Pro

20 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I will be reaching out to people in the coming weeks in regards to forming the team for folding month 2020, if anyone has helped out with a previous event and would like to lend a hand on this one please do drop me a message on here and I will take note of your interest!

I will be posting more details when it becomes relevant to do so.

Also I will be talking with LMG to see about them sorting prizes and the like as they have done for the folding month events in the past. usually I end up leaving this too late so I'm trying to keep on top of it this year. 

Finally, A big thank you to everyone who is or have folded, and a special thank you to the guys that help new members and keep this thread alive, you are appreciated!

@leadeater or @palespartan can one of you pin this up top so people can see it please. 

I don’t mind helping if there is anything needs doing 

30 minutes ago, NetoriusNick said:

Active users curve 

We are still far ahead of where we once were when you look at it in detail! This was more than expected tbh! 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So it is looking like the team for this event is pretty flashed out now.

If any of the veterans from previous large events still want to join you are welcome. Namely, @Gorgon, @palespartan for their experience and expertise. 

@Metallus97 you interested in joining in the FAQ/support role again this event? 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

We into a nice heatwave, mid-high 30s (Celsius) 

Not fun once you add on the folding heat and no AC on top! just think of the science!

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Same, no folding for me for 4 days and until it ends...

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

12 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We are still far ahead of where we once were when you look at it in detail! This was more than expected tbh! 

+ Seti@Home is hybernated and a lot of good folders wich spend 10+x Years in crunching there have switched to F@H and wont get off here this fast ;) Ok ok, we all have still BOINC client and maybe we are some days in the Year "AFK" if there is a special event ... XD

10 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We into a nice heatwave, mid-high 30s (Celsius) 

Not fun once you add on the folding heat and no AC on top! just think of the science!

Yep, I've had to turn both PCs off or my poor pregnant missis would have strangled me... 

Folding@Home Stats:

Main site - Extreme Overclocking - FHM Stats

Currently running 2 PCs and 3 servers with a total of 24 CPU Cores/Threads & 2 AMD graphics cards

to be honest, anyone who was folding yesterday would've been absolutely mad. it got up to 37.5c in my garden and while i was driving the temperature on the M25 (skewed because it's black tarmac) hit 40.5 on the car's thermometer - i was doing 50 at the time so it's not like the car was sitting still baking either.
spent most of the day either infront of an air-conditioner or in the car's air conditioning - this body does not react well to heat.

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

systems:

8700k/2080ti - 8350k/980ti - 4790k/1080ti - 4460/1070ti - r3600/v64 - p9950be/750ti

laptops:

8750h/1060 - 3200u/vIGPU

6 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

to be honest, anyone who was folding yesterday would've been absolutely mad. it got up to 37.5c in my garden and while i was driving the temperature on the M25 (skewed because it's black tarmac) hit 40.5 on the car's thermometer - i was doing 50 at the time so it's not like the car was sitting still baking either.
spent most of the day either infront of an air-conditioner or in the car's air conditioning - this body does not react well to heat.

My 2 systems are still running 24/7 up here in Manchester. I lived in Florida for 26 years I've not felt hot in the 4 years I've been back in the UK.

Folding Month 2020 Event Starts October, 12th (00:00 BST) join the fight against COVID-19 with Folding. Lots of prizes to be won.

LTT Official Folding Month 2020 Thread  | Sign up here 

Are you looking for a good cause to support ?   Macmillan Cancer Support | Cancer Research UK

Folding systems - 

Ryzen 7 2700X | ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) DDR4-2400 | 250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2  NVMe | ADATA ASU650SS-960GT-C 960GB Ultimate | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING 8GB | Corsair 750W TX750M 80Plus Gold | GameMax F15M Mesh | Windows 10 Pro

Ryzen 7 1700 | ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING | Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4) DDR4-2400 | 500GB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 |  EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING 8GB | Corsair 750W TX750M 80Plus Gold | MasterBox MB500 | Windows 10 Pro

16 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

made that mistake yesterday :( came back home and my room was a oven. something crazy like 41

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700 with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro Rgb 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial ssd + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair GS600 Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 Ti 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so i can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

3 hours ago, yaboistar said:

I never stopped!

2 hours ago, marknd59 said:

My 2 systems are still running 24/7 up here in Manchester. I lived in Florida for 26 years I've not felt hot in the 4 years I've been back in the UK.

Passed 40C upstairs in my house though... oops

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage