Need some thoughts on cryorig coolers

adzygamer15
2 minutes ago, adzygamer15 said:

i'll go with the dark rock 3 then, is it worth the pro version or? so this dark rock has no limits for ram height ? @Damascus@WallacEngineering

Either will work for your use case, if your budget allows go for the pro, if not, whatever.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, adzygamer15 said:

i'll go with the dark rock 3 then, is it worth the pro version or? so this dark rock has no limits for ram height ? @Damascus@WallacEngineering

RAM clearance isn't unlimited but it will accept fairly large RAM, like literally 90% of all RAM modules will fit. As long as you dont have rediculous size RAM like Team Dark Force, you will be fine. I also think the Pro is the only version, and yes I would get it, its a very good cooler for a very decent price.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Either will work for your use case, if your budget allows go for the pro, if not, whatever.

that's true, gimme a sec and i can see what i can do

1 minute ago, WallacEngineering said:

RAM clearance isn't unlimited but it will accept fairly large RAM, like literally 90% of all RAM modules will fit. As long as you dont have rediculous size RAM like Team Dark Force, you will be fine. I also think the Pro is the only version, and yes I would get it, its a very good cooler for a very decent price.

where are the dimension specs for it? i can't see, i think i'm blind

I've actually been linking the nonpro this entire ime, it's a single fan with an extremely thick tower.

12 minutes ago, adzygamer15 said:

i'll go with the dark rock 3 then, is it worth the pro version or? so this dark rock has no limits for ram height ? @Damascus

The DRP3 has clearance for up to 44mm tall ram which is the same height as the Vengeance Pro RGB. That being said, it will overhang the ram unlike the H5 which means you won't see much of the ram. The DR3 in comparison has a heatsink that oftens hangs over the first ram slot and has 40mm of clearance so the same ram wouldn't fit underneath.

10 minutes ago, Damascus said:

200mm's don't actually perform much better than 120/140mm's if at all.

11 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

To be honest the H5 universal wouldnt be the best choice. It comes with a thin fan for the RAM clearance and is that terrible Cryorig fan. Upgrading the fan would then mean blocking the RAM slot again.

What's so bad about the fan?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

200mm's don't actually perform much better than 120/140mm's if at all.

The silverstone ones do

where are the dimension specs for it? i can't see, i think i'm blind

Dimensions are 150X137X163 mm (LxWxH), In Win 101 says max height 160mm and Dark Rock Pro says 163mm and I think its because of that top plate that connects the two towers together... Hmmmm wondering if this will be an issue...

This picture shows the Dark Rock Pro 3 clearing RAM similar in size to G.Skill Ripjaws V

ImageServer.php?ID=c2f4ba1415@be-quiet.n

Current Build Thread:

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

The silverstone ones do

If you're referring to the AP181, it's better for the space. In most cases, the choice isn't between 1x 200mm and 1x 120mm/140mm but instead 2x 120/140mm's in which ~200mm's can't compete in performance.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@WallacEngineering@WoodenMarker@Damascus i think i'll go with the DR3 as the cooler and then get the Cougar Panzer Dual Tempered Glass as the case, I can't afford to spend more and I'm fine the just the DR3, I'm just not spending alot on the case. Any other recommendations or use the Cougar Panzer Dual Tempered Glass or i even could go back to focus g

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's so bad about the fan?

Cryorig fans are close to the worst stock fans included with large air coolers. These high-end heat sinks are supposed to be designed for maximum cooling performance and then they equip fans that are woefully under powered.

Firstly, their 140mm fans are not only slow (1300 RPM Max) but are also not designed for static pressure (less large fins are better than many smaller fins), and are known to fail prematurely.

Then instead of doing actual engineering work to fit tall RAM they cut the airflow nearly in half with a tiny, thin fan on the front instead. Cryorig is just made for giant builds period lol, guess that works out for me :)

Current Build Thread:

The focus G is fine for the money and has decent included fans

Just now, adzygamer15 said:

@Damascusi think the ram is even too tall for the DR3...

What kind of RAM do you have?

Current Build Thread:

What kind of RAM do you have?

Well I haven't purchased it but I was getting Corsair Vengeance RGB, height is 44m

less large fins are better than many smaller fins

Not true at all, gentle typhoons are pretty easily considered the some of the best SP fans money can buy and look, I don't see any large blades there.15203285035291889717702.thumb.jpg.ac0b228e7ea41e035d1f2e99f3fab1a0.jpg

Ah well if you want to show off some RGB RAM in a Mid-Tower then only one real high performance slim CPU air cooler would be a good choice to fit while not covering RAM slots at all: Phanteks PH-TC14S.

This super slim and yet very powerful cooling solution will help you overclock while maintaining a slim profile:

PH-TC14S-1z.jpg

Current Build Thread:

Just now, WallacEngineering said:

Ah well if you want to show off some RGB RAM in a Mid-Tower then only one real high performance slim CPU air cooler would be a good choice to fit while not covering RAM slots at all: Phanteks PH-TC14S.

This super slim and yet very powerful cooling solution will help you overclock while maintaining a slim profile:

PH-TC14S-1z.jpg

it's not the fact i'm showing it off. it's just not much more and we can get an extra special on rgb only. i'm just worried about the fan blocking the slots

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Not true at all, gentle typhoons are pretty easily considered the some of the best SP fans money can buy and look, I don't see any large blades there.

Ya thats because they are super high RPM. You dont need big blades if the fan spins fast enough lol. Phanteks fans are known for being dead silent while providing airflow nearly as good as some fans at max speed.

Current Build Thread:

it's not the fact i'm showing it off. it's just not much more and we can get an extra special on rgb only. i'm just worried about the fan blocking the slots

Well no worries with this cooler, you can not only totally clear all RAM slots and completely show off your nice RGB RAM, but do so and have a cooler that fits well in your case and surprisingly will cool nearly as well as that Dock Rock Pro 3. It also comes with a high-end Phanteks PH-F140 HP fan as default :)

Current Build Thread:

5 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

PH-TC14S-1z.jpg

Poor performer compared to all of its competition86760.png.8a388dfc3e1a9efd5bad8ccac76cc872.png

ew xD

Ya Noctua's are ugly in color but damn can they cool, they are some of the best coolers on the planet and even with stock fans they can nearly reach my modified R1 and they beat the R1 when the R1 is equipped with the factory fans.

Current Build Thread: