Logitech z5500

Hey!
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with something.
I got a Logitech z5500 (https://www.cnet.com/products/logitech-z-5500-digital-speaker-system-for-pc-tb825lla/specs/) home audio system and unfortunately I manage to ruin the subwoofer, and I could fix it but I see this as a good chance to upgrade the sub. 
Any good ideas?

The sub of the z5500 cannot be upgraded. Sure you can use the speakers etc, but then you'd have to buy a receiver to connect them to along with the new sub. Because the control pod of the system is connected to the sub and it hold all the inputs. So how did you plan on doing the upgrade?

I have no signature

You can 'upgrade' the sub by replace the driver itself.

Do a google search and you'll find that other peope have done this before.

Do note however that the main 'problem' with the sub has always been the built in controller that sets the frequency crossover way to high, resulting in boomy bloated base which lacks punch.

I have the Z5500 system myself, 2 infact .The original control pod died and logitech just sent me an entire new system as a replacment without even needing my old one back. So i have a spare set of speakers lol. Its a beast sound system 'for a pc set' , but in terms of pure audio quality ..when we're comparing to hifi grade stuff, its pritty shit. Still, im fine with it. If i were u , i'd look for a compatable sub driver and simple pop out the blown original one and put the new one in.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |