PowerColor Announces Liquid-Cooled Radeon R9 290X (First and Only)

Youbetternot

"First and only" That pretty odd since I have this exact GPU config in my system. Well, not exact. It's a sapphire branded card. same block though. 

I could always be mistaken, but I swear I've seen one. Wasn't by Swiftech either.

you mean the asetek model?

http://www.asetek.com/desktop/gpu-combo-coolers/550qc.aspx

http://www.asetek.com/desktop/gpu-combo-coolers/740gn.aspx

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The top one looks like the one I remember. But I'm not 100% sure.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Not everyone has or wants to use a custom water loop just for their graphics card, though. There are a very small handful AIO units that are expandable on top of that. That one bracket from NZXT is perfect. If there are to be locked down AIO units with small rads, don't market them to CPUs, you dinguses. Those should be catered to GPUs instead.

if the price is atleast on par or less than a reference 290X + GPU block this might actually be a good buy..

My point is this card is great for the novice who is not comfortable with OC'ing and putting their own warranty voiding block on a card.

Think outside the box and not just how a product might effect you.

If you're not comfortable overclocking then chances ar your not comfortable putting water inside a computer.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

i don't get what is wrong with it? it's a reference card with the most common waterblock on it. buy it , install it and you don't have to take the blower off it.

the man in black

Great for users who don't want to mod their card and get a water cooling card out of the box. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If you're not comfortable overclocking then chances ar your not comfortable putting water inside a computer.

Ok. Remove comfort out of the equation. My point still stands and everyone is nitpicking on what are basically semantics.

This card brings a custom card into the market that allows for easy water cooling without voiding any warranties. It is a simple instal process using currently available AIO LC solutions. It can also be paired with bridge-gap AIO's that allow you to effortlessly add on a GPU. Some people don't want to OC, but they do like to run their cards as cool as possible.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

The BIOS better be unlocked

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Ok. Remove comfort out of the equation. My point still stands and everyone is nitpicking on what are basically semantics.

This card brings a custom card into the market that allows for easy water cooling without voiding any warranties. It is a simple instal process using currently available AIO LC solutions. It can also be paired with bridge-gap AIO's that allow you to effortlessly add on a GPU. Some people don't want to OC, but they do like to run their cards as cool as possible.

just saying that as long as you put back the original cooler on the card, manufacturers can find out u lost your warrenty. Actually I think Asus even lets you put a custom block as long as when sent back it has the stock one.

just saying that as long as you put back the original cooler on the card, manufacturers can find out u lost your warrenty. Actually I think Asus even lets you put a custom block as long as when sent back it has the stock one.

They can find out you voided the warranty. They have stickers on at least one screw that are designed to be tamper proof. You break that seal and your warranty is void.

PSU

if the price is atleast on par or less than a reference 290X + GPU block this might actually be a good buy..

why would it be less? If anything it'd be more since they're giving you a warranty+ pre-installing it for you so you don't have to

I'd expect maybe 50-150$ more than a block+290x

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

They can find out you voided the warranty. They have stickers on at least one screw that are designed to be tamper proof. You break that seal and your warranty is void.

I've currently done this fairly recently with MSI and Asus. They don't care. Asus's RMA service specifically mentions that you need to install the stock cooler before RMA'ing so that would imply that you can install custom blocks on them without voiding your warrenty.

Woo Yah 60 MHz over reference clock under water. Amazing!

/sarcasm

Uhh why couldn't they bump it up more?

And it sounds like people are impressed with it under 60C full load? I'm pretty sure WCed GPUs should be much much lower than that.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I've currently done this fairly recently with MSI and Asus. They don't care. Asus's RMA service specifically mentions that you need to install the stock cooler before RMA'ing so that would imply that you can install custom blocks on them without voiding your warranty.

And that is two whole 'brands'? What about XFX, Powercolor, EVGA, Gigabyte etc etc?

PSU

And that is two whole 'brands'? What about XFX, Powercolor, EVGA, Gigabyte etc etc?

I named 2 brands that I have rma'd and used. Feel free to post some brands that you have shipped to and have been declined an rma :)

I named 2 brands that I have rma'd and used. Feel free to post some brands that you have shipped to and have been declined an rma :)

Ive used all of the cards I mentioned above in the past. Any removal of screws voided the warranty.

PSU

why would it be less? If anything it'd be more since they're giving you a warranty+ pre-installing it for you so you don't have to

I'd expect maybe 50-150$ more than a block+290x

yeah, pricing it to be less is kinda wishful thinking.. but in my country waterblocks cost 50-100 dollars more and powercolor brands usually cost less because its kinda native brand here :)