[Sponsored] Angl3d Ti - Dual Custom Loop EKWB | ASUS ROG | be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | by Zeuligan

Zeuligan
27 minutes ago, Voxels-Box said:

Its definitely hard to spot the edges. If Im being super nit picky, there appears to be a thin sliver of a gap between the two pieces, at the back left (camera view) of the aluminum mount for the pumps.  But that is a very minor thing, and wouldnt detract from the shroud overall!

Back left? Hmm, shouldn't be a gap there, but the right side is a minimum gap, but expect to close that with the 7 layers of coating. 

Need to check the area you pointed out as well. Thx m8...

Sometimes it ends up just as you hadn't planned and becomes better

Custom gaming PCs and scratch builds - Zeuligan computers

57 minutes ago, Zeuligan said:

Back left? Hmm, shouldn't be a gap there, but the right side is a minimum gap, but expect to close that with the 7 layers of coating. 

Need to check the area you pointed out as well. Thx m8...

Sorry, I shouldve attached an image. This is the area I was referring to.  Im sure that could close up with the paint!

Spoiler

Screenshot_85.png.443146ea0bcf62695873a05d0d2d80c9.png

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

48 minutes ago, Voxels-Box said:

Sorry, I shouldve attached an image. This is the area I was referring to.  Im sure that could close up with the paint!

Hide contents

Screenshot_85.png.443146ea0bcf62695873a05d0d2d80c9.png

Ah, yeah, will def need to sort that. Thx m8 :D 

2 minutes ago, Zeuligan said:

Ah, yeah, will def need to sort that. Thx m8 :D 

Happy to help! :D 

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

• 6 months later...

Finally I'm back to modding after a long absence. 
Had the time to sort my filming of the shroud and edit it down to 24min (from 3,5h). 

I hope you enjoy it...more to come soon...

A custom hand made exterior case in acrylic for the Dark Base Pro 900 will be a challenge. A huge one, but a challenge I knew from start would be needed to complete the vision of the project.

TBH, I don't even have a plan, but need to make it up as I go along. After some fiddiling and thinking I made the decision to build from the ground up. If it can't stand it can't function. Took a trip to the local hardware store and picked up 2m2 of 3mm acrylic and 1m2 of 5mm acrylic.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 01

3 sheets of acrylic in the background. It will be enough for a few days.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 02

After previous struggle with keeping straight lines with the type of acrylic I can get my hands on at the local hardware store, I decided to try this little saw. Expensive, but worth a shot.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 03

The case is 525mm long, so had to get 1000x750 sheets (of course). Marked out 525x240mm for top and bottom sheets and made a short prayer for my new saw.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 04

Really happy with the saw. Fast to saw and it performed over expectations. Straight, fast and fairly clean cut. Not that much (only a few min per cut) to file.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 05

I have a plan to keep the lower part of the case a little larger than the footprint of the rest of the case. That way I get a more visual base and I can also angle my angles slightly outwards, making the overall design cleaner. Atleast I hope so, as I don't have a blueprint...
In the picture, the case is fliped upside down.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 11

A test fit of the 3 parts, bottom, top and front and some measurements, calculations I was ready to start for real. Bottoms up!

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 06

I will need to ensure that the PSU will be able to ventilate itself, so I have to make room for airflow. Time to mark for some Dremel action.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 07

Every 10mm feels like a good space. Keeps maximum amount of holes (staying sane while drilling) and least amount of risk breaking the entire plate. It's a measurement I have used in the past for this type of work.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 08

A few holes to drill...

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 09

I still feel the small Dremel actually performance surprisingly good. One way I do is to jug the drill up and down (as it tends to bend a little in the shaft) untill I have a round mark where I want the hole and then add preasure to make the actuall hole. Keeps it straight and accurate.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 10

After 30min all the holes are drilled and I'm happy with the result. Trying to keep the protective plastic on as long as possible.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 12

Used my Acrylic fix and "glued" two pieces of 4mm together. I had an idea both for the modilarity I always try to keep when I build, but also for it turned out to be a good distance for the base plate.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 13

Looks more messy than it is, still not dry here. Not sure you can guess what I'm up to?

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 14

Clips for the entire bottom piece. It worked out amazing. Resistance, without any room to wiggle. Super happy.

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 15

Exterior Acrylic case for Angl3d Ti - part 1 - be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - zeuligan 16

8mm distance and a base plate that sticks to the case just like the original piece. With 5mm wider plate than the case and 8mm of distance I will have a nice angle of the exterior angles that I will start to create in the next part of the base floor.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:19 PM, BeardRex said:

This is pretty neat!

Thank you :)

A short update, while I publish the next part. My solution for the base plate brackets turned out really good. Tight fit and snaps on firmly. Made a short clip to illustrate (can hear the snug fit).

After creating the base plate bracket it was time to move on with creating the base structure of the base exterior. I got inspired by the original stands of the be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 as they are angled, so decided to try to incorporate them.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 01

What's not to like with feet like this, but hard to fixture in a none permanent way to the case...

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 02

After moving around the feet / stand I found the right angle. Just continue with the angle of the feet and intersect with the corner.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 03

That intersection messurement turned out to be 35mm.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 06

28mm deep and 98mm long. Time to do some cutting and filing

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 07

That turned out really good. Reason for leaving the foot a little outside the base plate is I want to incorporate it with the exterior angles that will become the exterior base piece. I also decided to turn the feet angled outside, to give it a more firm look at the base. If my solution for a modular fit works out, I can always turn them around at a later stage.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 08

After the successful first cut, I marked out the remaining 3 holes for the case feets and put my dremel saw to use. After some hand filing it somehow turn out very simular to the chassi of a car :)

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 04

My simple idea and concept for a fixture for the base feets.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 09

Test fit, looks alright.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 05

Four of them all done. The little extra extension isn't a misstake but something I will use a later stage...

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 10

To finish of the last layer of the base structure I need good ventilation. Decided to put some mesh I had laying around to use. Marked 2 large sections with the same frame dimensions as the depth of the feet.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 11

That Dremel Moto Saw isn't a bad thing when doing stuff like this. Very happy as I didn't crack the plate. Just need to file it down smooth and straight and we are good to go.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 12

This is how I imagined it. This is how It will be when looking at it from underneath. Not sure anyone will ever do that, but hey, we mod for the fun of creating details :)
The mesh will be painted in the accent color of the build - blue.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 13

Wroom wroom...

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 14

Fixed the four mounting brackets with Acrifix and ensured they are all positioned equally.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 15

Added a small counter bracket to also include a small "dot" to make the feet snap in place.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 16

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 17

With the previously created bottom base plate, this is starting to look like the bottom of a case exterior.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 18

Base plate ontop of each other with the inner case frame clipped on. It's to this frame I will fix the base structure of a still to find out, pattern of triangles and angled pieces, just like the PSU Shroud and that will start with the next update.

How do you feel about this mod so far? Let me know in the comments below...

Definitely going to follow this build, looks astounding thusfar and can only get better! Fancy building me one ?

CPU Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Z87-DELUXE RAM 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1333MHz 

GPU Nvidia GTX 770 Case Fractal Design R4 Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB & Western Digital 2TB HDD

PSU Corsair AX760i Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Naga Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64bit

8 hours ago, hestolemydog said:

Definitely going to follow this build, looks astounding thusfar and can only get better! Fancy building me one ?

Thank you so much ❤️ 
That PSU Shroud was very fun, but NEVER doing it again hehehehe ;)

It was with equal excitement and anxiety I moved on to starting with the bottom base structure of my custom exterior. The concept in my mind has always been about the beautiful Nvidia 1080Ti design combined with a stelth fighter. With that in mind I also have one major problem to solve, each side needs to be equal to create a symetrical and balanced overall look and design. 

With that in mind, without blueprints, my only solution will be to create, than recreate. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 01

I want a cleaner and calmer exterior than my PSU Shroud. Also I felt that to ensure symetry I need a few larger base pieces and rather accent them with more angles / triangles. 
After literally staring for the case for 60min, cutting templates in carbord, holding up acrylic pieces I decided for a base shape and marked it down on a 3mm sheet. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 02

Table clamp and hand saw felt easy but each time the saw gets stuck (and it does VERY easily) I broke the sheet. It's only 30mm wide at the base and 15mm at the tip and still 540mm long. Very fragile!

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 03

After 2! extra round trips to the store and another 200€ in plexi I managed to create the first piece. I wish for a laser cuter!

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 05

Reason I need to get more sheets every time I brake it, is that I wanted to keep the store (machine) cut edge against the glass. Only gives me 2 cuts / sheet to work with. But glad I took that decision. Looks really good. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 06

From above. Looks a little crooked, but this is before my 20min hand filing it edged and straight. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 04

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 07

Another 2h spent with cardboard and cursing, I decided on next step in the exterior design. Many angles to factor into each piece.

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 08

This is a shot all to familiar after the PSU shroud. Hand filed angles to ensure maximum contact with a good end result.  

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 09

Before I could move on, I created and added 4 more cross-brackets to my feet/stand solution. Last chance before I mount the top layer permanently. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 10

Before I could do that, I need to create more airflow aswell as an access panel for future mounting needs. Nervous to cut, as I don't want to crack the entire plate forcing me to start over. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 11

Not a bad end result if I can say so my self. Still don't work with anything but small hand tools and hands. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 12

Nothing left to do but to use Acrifix ontop of my custom leg brackets and fixate the top layer. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 13

One last thing to do before mounting the first real pieces of the custom exterior. REPLICATE! This is how I think and will work with this mod. First create a part, ensure it work, mark it down not to loose the shape and size and after a successful mounting of one side. Replicate and repeat. First 2 shapes saved for the future...

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 014

Very exciting to start to fixate the first parts of the custom exterior case. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 15

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 16

540mm in length and angled outwards. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 17

While waiting for the first side to set I moved on to create the parts for the other side. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 18

Managed to saw the long part at first try, yeay...

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 19

Just to show just how much hand filing I do for each piece. First to file it into the right shape and with straight edges. Then to angle the sides it eats away even more...

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 20

All done. Acrylic is such a beautiful material. 

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 21

More clamps and Acrifix on the other side. Only time will tell at this point...

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 22

Look at that. Already starting to look like a computer case :) Don't you think?

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 23

Custom PC base structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 24

Will give a good structure to work with and add more angled shapes. Will be able to finish both sides and the backside, but think I will need to leave the front. Not sure how the front will look like and still need to make the bottom part, front part and top part fit together. Will be a challenge, but a challenge for the future. First I need to finish the entire bottom part. 

Looking good, I love seeing updates on this build! 

CPU Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Z87-DELUXE RAM 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1333MHz 

GPU Nvidia GTX 770 Case Fractal Design R4 Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB & Western Digital 2TB HDD

PSU Corsair AX760i Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Naga Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64bit

9 hours ago, hestolemydog said:

Looking good, I love seeing updates on this build! 

Thank you! I love seeing your friendly comments ❤️ 

1 hour ago, ValhallaCCB said:

This is looking really stunning so far. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Thx, much appreciated! 

Big progress on the base structure and bottom part of the custom pc casemod. With the last part of this mod finished with a fairly solid structure, this part will be all about filling the gaps in the exterior acrylic and make one solid structure. 

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 01

With the front part of the bottom almost done, I continued on the back side. First angle in place and I got my pattern and most of the parts already prepared.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 02

I just can't stop creating angles and triangles in this mod :)

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 04

It will look amazing once it's done...I hope...

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 03

Hard to see on the pictures, but each triangle creates an angled to the next.

Two longer parts for the front, want the edge to move forward and create a bridge to the front exterior part.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 06

Forgot to replicate one piece, so had to measure and create a template.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 07

A litte bigger piece to stay with a balanced look of the exterior.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 11

Like an arm workout this mod. Spent hours with this little saw already. Not a bad tool for hand-cutting acrylic tbh.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 12

Final piece of the side. Long skarp edge.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 13

Both symetrical and a little kickass.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 14

Just the backside to close before the entire back

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 15

Snug fit...

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 16

Small triangles with even smaller angled edges. Not sure how many times I cut my self on the hand file making these two...

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 17

Almost done...

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 18

Looks a little messy, but as this will not be a transparent piece, I opted for speed and durability.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 21

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 22

Fully assembled and without any protective plastic for the first time.

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 23

Feet still fits perfectly and completes the angled look really nice...

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 24

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 25

Custom PC bottom structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 3 - zeuligan 26

If you wonder, no, it will not stay this way, but will be either wrapped in a matt black car vinyl or painted black, depending on what result works the best.

I would love to hear what you think...

Was with extra excitment that I was ready to start working with the front case part of this mod. I have had an idea about the front since I started this project. In fact, it was the idea of the front that even started this whole project. 

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 01

First I need to ensure it's located in the right location. Had an idea how to fasten this part. Still thinking modularity...

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 02

10mm wide, small stuff...

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 03

My idea of a fastening "tool" to get these clamps in the right location.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 04

Added Acryfix to create a ridge that I then filed down into a rectangular edge...

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 05

All eight fastening brackets in place.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 01

Decided to go with a little different solution for the front. I need a frame to anchor the other parts. More stability and I can also create parts in different levels. 

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 06

Look at that. It snapped even harder than the original. Amazing what you can do with a little acrylic and a file.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 07

Next step is to start to build the shape and design of the front. After a few paper templates, tape and four mugs of coffee I decided for a design. 

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 09

Symetrical design requires two of each.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 10

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 11

Two turns four.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 12

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 13

Enough parts to start to do the real first building. 

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 14

This is actually the front. The case is flipped. Just makes it easier to work with. Here this beautiful radiator from EK will be mounted on the outside of the case frame. 

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 1 - zeuligan 15

I starts to look like a real computer. Love when you reach the part where you can start to unpack components for the first time. 

Next update will contain the real design of the front. Stay tuned and as always, please share your thoughts or questions...

With the base structure done from the previous part it was not much to wait for. The hard part about this part of the mod of creating an angled front structure is that each piece will influence all the others. The size, the angle, the shape all influence eachother. Almost like laying a puzzle without the picture, the size and the pieces them self. 

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 01

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 02

The best solution to solve the puzzle turned out to be tape. Made it possible to fix each piece while take measurements for the next.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 03

First piece of the puzzle fixed for real.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 04

Moved on to fix the next part. Both of these pieces was the last pieces created in the previous part of the mod.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 05

With tape tightly attached on the outside I could use tape on the inside to stretch and bend it into the right angle.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 06

Secured. Only down real downside of the tape solution is that the tape will suck upp Acrifix and make the surface look like ****, but with the need to sand it down, the upside it much larger the the downside.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 08

Starting to fold it self over the fans. Starting to feel a good tingling feeling. This might work!

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 07

Two wings for finishing up the front and bind the sides together.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 09

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 10

Not bad, not bad at all.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 11

After A LOT of hand filing I managed to create part of a circle to match the diameter of the fans. This also reviels my plan for the front. I want to leave the front with 3 open "holes" for the fans to be both visible, but also for a air intake. Only thing I lack with the be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 is a windowed front door. This is my take on that. With Enermax front RGB ring, this will also bring light to the front. Will fit a dustfilter between the fans and radiator.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 12

Needed to start on the top part of the bottom after realizing I have a problem...

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 13

Same procedure...

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 14

More parts. The cirle cut outs are a pain to create with just a saw and a hand file, but do add a nice finish.

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 15

Had to remake and refit several times. One mm or even less both in elevation or size and I'm not centred and the fan cut out will be off or the look will look crocked. But eventually...

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 16

Several hours later I'm happy with the end result...

Custom PC front case structure Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 - part 2 - zeuligan 17

This is how far I managed...

I think Batman would approve of your use of angles. ?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

9 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

I think Batman would approve of your use of angles. ?

Hehehe :)

I mentioned in last update that I realized that I ran into a problem. That problem is the front IO panel. Reason is of course that it needs to be fixed before I can fasten the front and top cover. That also means that I need to figure out how to manufacture a panel and a cutout for the top (or front). 

I'm just glad I figured it out prior to finishing the front and or the top.

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 01

Here is the problem. I decided that I want to try to keep the original IO panel with the power buttons etc.

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 03

150x40mm will cover all the ports but be just as small as possible to minimize any straight parts on my angled mod.

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 04

Gently removed the power button from the original top. I figured that this should be the easiest hole to make and if I can't solve that, no need to spend time on the smaller holes.

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 05

Marked middle and the size, 22mm

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 06

As I don't have a CNC or a laser cutter, I just put a 3mm drill in my Dremel drillpress and started drilling.

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 07

I couldn't fit my hand-file into the small hole so actually took a small nail file and made the hole. YES, it took freaking forever.

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 08

Marked out the holes for the usb connectors and swiched to a 0,8mm drill. Decided to try to manually use the drill as a router. Not the easiest of tasks to push the plate straight.

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 09

It worked surprisingly good. After almost 2h with my nail file (GF will not be happy when she gets home) and a cramp in my hand for clutching the piece I was done.

Front IO Panel Angl3d Ti Zeuligan be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 10

Really happy with that result. Now I just need to figure out how to fit this to the case and make a cut out / hole in the top case part, but that will be in next update.

It was time to start working on the 3rd and final external case part, the top. With the front IO panel as the major component to work around and into this case part as the biggest challenge. I also need to figure out a good way to bridge the top part with the front part so there is one fluid design as well as no cap between the pieces. 

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 01

Same dimensions on this piece as the bottom part. 230x540mm.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 02

Need airflow as well as room for alternative radiator and fan mounting.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 03

With the base shape cut I can move on with securing it to the case. Modularity is still a key

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 04

Worked for the front, so why not for the top. 8 small 12x5x4mm acrylic brackets.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 05

Fliped the case upside down and positioned the frame in the right location. Fixed the brackets with Acrifix and waited for it to set.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 06

Marked a center line and took some measurements for the IO panel custom bracket. Decided that I wanted to use the original screw holes. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 07

First I did a cut out in the main top frame. This is where I will create the front panel bracket.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 08

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 09

Created a piece equal to the one I cut out from the frame. Drilled 2 holes and viola.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 10

My take on a bracket for the IO panel. Don't like the original solution with screws clamping it in place.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 11

As @Zando Bob mentioned earlier that Batman would approve of my angles. That actually gave me inspiration for this bracket :) Thx for that :) 

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 12

Acrifix is messy but amazing for this type of job.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 13

Not bad for a small batman-holder.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 14

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 15

Two larger parts for the top front frame. After some testfitting with the side glass panel I decided to go with a more straight side for the top. Makes for a better transition from the glass.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 16

Added the sides to the base plate and created a small clip-on type of counter-bracket for the IO panel.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 17

Snaps on tighter than a batman suit.

Custom PC top case part1 in be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 18

A real milestone right here. Connection to the frame and the front IO panel cover.  This also marks the front end edge of the top piece. This will make it possible, once I connect the front to the top, to start working on both the top and front simultaniously. Will increase the speed as I can work on one piece while the other dry when fixing stuff with the Acrifix. But first I need to create the top part, which will be the next update of this mod.

Work progressing with building the main structure and most part of the top case part. This is an important part of the mod as it will either make it or brake it. I need to tie it together with the front and base part. 

I hope I will end up with a feeling of one cohesive exterior case rather than 3 separate parts.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 01

First big part of the top case exterior. The first part makes a larger impact of the whole than one can think. It influence each of the following angles and they the next and in the end the entire case part. Takes a lot of trial and error before deciding on the pattern and the first part. This was mine...

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 02

Added a second, but lower and angled side panel on both sides.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 03

Testing different shapes and angles is much easier with tape.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 04

Fastened for real. Starts to wrap around the top like a warm hug.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 05

Added a fairly flat piece to the back. After different tests I thought this will look best in profile (as that is how you mostly view the case).

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 06

Lot's of parts.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 07

The top front is starting to come together.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 08

Added more angles to the side of the top. I know it wont matter when it's done, but the tape fastening method looks so messy, bothers me a little.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 09

That will reflect the light really nice when it's finished in it's matt black finish.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 10

Two symetrical sides. Not entirely sure how to wrap up the top, so need to start working from the back. Still need to figure out airflow.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 11

Centered point on this back piece.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 12

Two larger flatter pieces. Need some pieces to keep the overall design and feeling a little calmer.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 13

Took some re-positioning and sanding to get the joining part exactly in the middle. Added longer triangles to the back.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 14

Reminds me about the back of a sportscar. The two large triangular holes are not forgoten, but left for a reason. More of that later.

Top case part3 custom pc be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Angl3d Ti casemod 15

Left two small "intakes" on the side.

Final stretch of the top exterior acrylic case part. Wanted to bring back more angles and tigh the entire design together with the previously created PSU Shroud. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 01

First task was to file down the front edge to make sure it was a perfect fit against the front. I made the front and top 3mm to large just to be sure I could file it into a perfect fit. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 02

Like a glove. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 03

With most of the upper part of the top still unfinished, not much to pray for. Need more triangles. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 04

Looks so messy with all the Acrifix, tape marks and finger prints, but it will not matter as it will be sanded and I will add plastic "wood" att all joints not perfect. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 05

That front is starting to look good...

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 06

I can't add two large triangles into that obvious triangular space as that is in the same angle as the joining pieces. Would just create one large flat surface with joints. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 07

Instead I created 4 triangles and angled the joining edge slightly upwards. Perfect, as I have to have a piece in the middle that isn't joined in the middle. That would create a long line in the center that the eyes will have a problem with. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 08

Two angled larger and more flat pieces got to finish the top of the top.

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 09

Two small holes at the back to close before the first of the 3 exterior pieces are done. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 10

Testfit towards the front, just to makes sure nothing has warped and still fit perfectly. 

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 13

Top case custom pc part4 Angl3d Ti - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 casemod 12

The top was the last one I started but the first to be finished. Now I will spend the next 2 days adding Acrifix to the backside of each joint to ensure it's strong and tight. Then I can move on adding plastic wood and sand down a perfect finish before I can add vinyl or paint.