Why I don't like Synergy

Gudawhan

So I found out about them from their ads on LTT & NCIX. I bought it & put it on 2 Macs. Right away it did not do what they said it would. No drag files & copy paste only worked every once in awhile. I put in a support ticket & the response was this. "We know its doesn't work, want a refund?". I'm like, WTF... Why are you advertising something you know doesn't work? Bla bla bla.... 

Fast forward & a few weeks later they put out a email saying "new version, buy now". I'm like WTF. You have a new version in the pipeline & your response to your app not working correctly is "want a refund".... I'm like WTF. 

Well, they are just milking their base customers. If you are knowingly sell a broken app & then sell the fix. You are a Capitalpath.

--Capitalpath 

"A capitalist who's capitalism is sociopathic 

A good company would just update to a working version & keep selling the original. Not, make a working version & sell it to all the same people you just sold the broken version to. 

1 minute ago, Gudawhan said:

No drag files & copy paste

I did call them out for that in a PM to Nick but from what I can tell, the ad's they had remained in place and it wasn't clearly disclosed that the drag files and copy and paste wasn't included. It's pathetic really.

Also this should be moved to general discussion

And I was considering Synergy for a while. Well, thanks for telling us I guess. I guess you can't trust all ads linus shows us constantly. This seems a bit ridiculous to be honest.

1 hour ago, The Viking said:

And I was considering Synergy for a while. Well, thanks for telling us I guess. I guess you can't trust all ads linus shows us constantly. This seems a bit ridiculous to be honest.

You should never trust the adverts within videos like that. They're given pre-generated phrases to say most of the time because it's a sponsored advert, not an independent review.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

32 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

You should never trust the adverts within videos like that. They're given pre-generated phrases to say most of the time because it's a sponsored advert, not an independent review.

thing is, they always say in the wan show how they never get complaints from people who use sponsored stuff. But yes, true. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I used to use Synergy but I was really put of by the way they run their business. v1 was sold as a lifetime license but now they charge (again) - For something, that used to be open-source.