How to upgrade hp pro 6300 MT power supply or HP Elite 8200 sff (fix)

Okay, I understand the process of installing the adapter - but I have a wiring color issue. I am pretty sure that I just need to treat the different wire colors as if they were the color of the wires in the original walk-through.

I believe that I can better show this in a picture. In the picture I am providing I show the problem in 2 different ways and would appreciate any advice in the proper wiring. 

Thanks!

computer adap.jpg

7 hours ago, THX1138T said:

Okay, I understand the process of installing the adapter - but I have a wiring color issue. I am pretty sure that I just need to treat the different wire colors as if they were the color of the wires in the original walk-through.

I believe that I can better show this in a picture. In the picture I am providing I show the problem in 2 different ways and would appreciate any advice in the proper wiring. 

Thanks!

I think that in this case, colors are just colors, the layout is what matters and you don't really need to mess with that 24-pin connector.  Follow this diagram https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2NXSMYUUD8YYB/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B06XW7RWNH .if it doesn't work try different configurations on that p2 connector. Do not worry about trying different configurations cause those cables on that p2 connector do not carry voltage to the motherboard. they are mostly ground and tac cables.

PSU: hello motherboard, I'm a PSU and everything is fine here, I think you should turn yourself on.

motherboard: Ok.

i7-8700K l MSI RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 MSI - Z370 KRAIT GAMING l G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4-3200 l Inland 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD Scythe FUMA Rev. B l EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze Certified l Asus VG248QE 144Hz l Zowie FK2 Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X l Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass l Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE l windows 10.

Thank you, I was concerned that some of the wires may have been power. I am familiar with wire colors actually meaning something and I was concerned when there was a change in color assignments.

3 minutes ago, eemunni said:

Will this fix work on HP compaq pro 6300 sff model?

Yes

i7-8700K l MSI RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 MSI - Z370 KRAIT GAMING l G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4-3200 l Inland 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD Scythe FUMA Rev. B l EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze Certified l Asus VG248QE 144Hz l Zowie FK2 Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X l Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass l Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE l windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...

A follow up from my previous...

As I stated earlier the wires on my adapter are a different color, and following the instructions I could only get fatal error beeps. SO I attacked the four pins with a brute force method. I used the attached image layout to attempt to start up my computer (HP Compaq Pro 6300 SSF) by trying the four wires in each pin position. I did this in both the 1-4 pin positions (which is where the original power supply connectors were), and in the 2-5 pin positions (which are designated in the upgrade) with two different power supplies (500W and 450W). No matter what I only got fatal error beeps.

Not sure what else i should do.

wiring1.jpg

7 minutes ago, THX1138T said:

A follow up from my previous...

As I stated earlier the wires on my adapter are a different color, and following the instructions I could only get fatal error beeps.

What kind of fatal error beeps are you getting?

5 minutes ago, FPS god said:

What kind of fatal error beeps are you getting?

There is a light that is on on the motherboard, and if I move my Yellow wire to pin #2 the fan at the back of the system comes on. When I hook up the pins (any configuration) I get 1 of two things. Either nothing happens and I get 4 strong beeps, or he fan kicks on for a split second and then I get 4 strong beeps with a 2 second pause and then they repeat until power is removed

12 minutes ago, THX1138T said:

There is a light that is on on the motherboard, and if I move my Yellow wire to pin #2 the fan at the back of the system comes on. When I hook up the pins (any configuration) I get 1 of two things. Either nothing happens and I get 4 strong beeps, or he fan kicks on for a split second and then I get 4 strong beeps with a 2 second pause and then they repeat until power is removed

4 beeps means RAM problem, if I remember correctly. Unplug the PC and remove all RAM sticks, then put only 1 stick back in and turn on the PC. if that doesn't work, try other RAM slots with that same RAM stick just in case one RAM slot got faulty. If that doesn't work try another RAM stick, you might have a faulty RAM stick. Most of the time it works on the first step. 

17 minutes ago, FPS god said:

4 beeps means RAM problem, if I remember correctly. Unplug the PC and remove all RAM sticks, then put only 1 stick back in and turn on the PC. if that doesn't work, try other RAM slots with that same RAM stick just in case one RAM slot got faulty. If that doesn't work try another RAM stick, you might have a faulty RAM stick. Most of the time it works on the first step. 

I will try that - but the computer fires up fine with the original power supply and then there's this.... (PS Just tried it with the way instructions indicated with one stick of ram - same outcome - haven't tried every combo of pins - yet)

error.jpg

Edited by THX1138T
Took recommended step

1 hour ago, THX1138T said:

I will try that - but the computer fires up fine with the original power supply and then there's this.... (PS Just tried it with the way instructions indicated with one stick of ram - same outcome - haven't tried every combo of pins - yet)

i replied to a guy named ''i use arch btw'' a while back, his adapter was giving him problems because he had the wrong adapter. they advertise them as the same adapter but the wiring on that small covered pcb is wired differently. take a look at the one simiral to mine IMG_20181025_133327.jpg

then take a look at his https://imgur.com/a/xQsxxFW.

unwrap yours and check in what ways it is wired. if it's similar to his adapter, you need to buy this one.

if you live in canada like me: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B075242NGZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

if you live in the US: https://www.amazon.com/EZSync-Motherboard-Adapter-Workstation-EZSync910/dp/B0781XJXRY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

15 hours ago, FPS god said:

Okay I looked at mine - it appears to be like yours (photos included) I am wondering about the power supplies, they are a bit older and I don't remember any problem with them (one is a 450W ATX #PU4500 and the other is a 550W ATX #PS550E12) so I may need to scrounge up a different power supply, any recommendations?

adapt2.jpg

adapt3.jpg

adapt1.jpg

Okay I looked at mine - it appears to be like yours (photos included) I am wondering about the power supplies, they are a bit older and I don't remember any problem with them (one is a 450W ATX #PU4500 and the other is a 550W ATX #PS550E12) so I may need to scrounge up a different power supply, any recommendations?

I'm running a standard EVGA 500W 80+ white PSU. Here is how my adapter is wired, check yours and see.   https://imgur.com/20grXCC

3 hours ago, FPS god said:

I'm running a standard EVGA 500W 80+ white PSU. Here is how my adapter is wired, check yours and see.   https://imgur.com/20grXCC

Other than a difference in color of wires used, my adapter is wired exactly the same. I will dig up another power supply and continue the experiment! - Thank you for the help!

On 3/9/2019 at 1:46 PM, DwenVy said:

Hello, I recently ordered a 24 pin 6 pin adapter  https://www.moddiy.com/products/HP-Z230-Z220-PSU-Main-Power-24%2dPin-to-6%2dPin-Adapter-Cable-(30cm).html  for my Hp elite 8200 sff and I would like to be advised to connect all his, I'm counting on you!

I have a HP elite 8200 sff system too and the same adapter works perfectly on it. You just need to follow those HP 6300 wiring steps.

hello i just got my 24 pin adapter for 6 pins but i have a problem i'm not the same as you look

help my

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, DwenVy said:

hello i just got my 24 pin adapter for 6 pins but i have a problem i'm not the same as you look

help my

I replied to some people who were in the same situation as yours. Simply read through this thread ?

Peu importe comment je branche le cabre p2 il y a toujours 4 bips. Même après changement de ram 

4 minutes ago, DwenVy said:

Peu importe comment je branche le cabre p2 il y a toujours 4 bips. Même après changement de ram 

I think you're in the same situation as THX1138T. I recommend unwrapping that small board on the adapter and then check how it's wired. Refer to the last few replies I sent to THX1138T pour plus d'infos. You may also try another PSU if you happen to have one laying around.

J'ai le même câblage que THX1138T ( au niveau de la petite carte ) 

j'ai remarquer que sur le 24 pin les branchement n'étais pas comme les votre. Il ne sont pas placer comme vous

4 minutes ago, DwenVy said:

J'ai le même câblage que THX1138T ( au niveau de la petite carte ) 

j'ai remarquer que sur le 24 pin les branchement n'étais pas comme les votre. Il ne sont pas placer comme vous

Ok, if that small board looks exactly like mine, then all you need to do is wire the 24 pin according to mine https://imgur.com/20grXCC. (they might have accidentally wired yours wrong, I don't know). basically, if you wire the entire adapter like mine, it will work cause the same configuration worked on both my HP 6300 mt and HP 8200 sff. Bonne chance

D’accord mais je n’est pas de câble jaune 

j’ai : rouge/vert/noir/blanc avec vert

comment je fait pour savoir qui est plus jaune ?