Cooling and fans control suggestions

Hey guys,

I would be really grateful for your tips regarding the management of fans and water cooling in my computer. 

Currently, I am using AI Suite. I am not very pleased with it, though, as it shows really weird CPU temperature spikes.

My CPU and graphics card are water cooled. What are your suggestions? BIOS alone? Speedfan?

Cheers!

I prefer BIOS, but tbh I don't have experience with speedfan or other fan controlling software. Maybe you should try some different solutions and see which fits you best(sry that I can't help more than this)

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

What kind of spikes? Are those your only problem? I can provide more help if I know what the problem is.

I use Speedfan because Gigabytes own software/BIOS aren't good for controlling. Speedfan doesn't work on all newer mobos.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...
On 4. 3. 2018 at 1:16 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

What kind of spikes? Are those your only problem? I can provide more help if I know what the problem is.

I use Speedfan because Gigabytes own software/BIOS aren't good for controlling. Speedfan doesn't work on all newer mobos.

While medium to high workload, the 7700k is somewhere around 40-50, but every few seconds, the temps jump up to 70s. Then back down. Kind of weird. 

Also, dont you know what temps should I be getting on my 1080Ti during gaming? Right now, I have got to 62C, videocard is water cooled. Is it ok?

Cheers

5 hours ago, Jelen said:

While medium to high workload, the 7700k is somewhere around 40-50, but every few seconds, the temps jump up to 70s. Then back down. Kind of weird. 

Also, dont you know what temps should I be getting on my 1080Ti during gaming? Right now, I have got to 62C, videocard is water cooled. Is it ok?

Cheers

Sounds like normal operation. Temps react to load on CPU and fans react to temps. If you don't get fans ramping with spikes, they could be just software or sensor errors. Nothing to worry about.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I usually use my bios, I find it sufficient. If not, another option is getting an external fan controller and you can control your fans manually.