Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I'd be so worried about just falling over doing that.

Watch MotoGP. :P

If you go fast enough, you wont fall.

I kind of want a MY15 R3, but that's $5K CAD that could go into buying my WRX hatch :(

2015-Yamaha-YZF-R320-EU-Race-Blu-Static-

*drools*

r1beauty-leftfront.jpg?itok=7M0X2kVv

2015-Kawasaki-Ninja-H2R-Side.jpg?e1be4f

^^ supercharged with 326bhp :333

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I also need this ;-;

*Snip*

Do it!!

A few friends and I used to have knee dragging competitions with a Ninja 250 :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

You and your big bikes...

Here have a Vespa...

~~

Pffffft the Grom is where it's at, yo!

Honda-Grom-19.jpg

Unfortunately I'm among those who may struggle with a 300cc bike because, um, weight.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Do it!!

A few friends and I used to have knee dragging competitions with a Ninja 250 :)

It's easier said than done...

1. My father, who rides a '89 Suzuki GSX1100F, is afraid to get me a 125cc bike, because shit happens, to noobs and dickheads.

2. I still need to be 16yo, which I will in about a month (hype :D)

3. Get my license, which I will refuse to, if my father doesn't want me riding a bike.

That's the deal I'm going to make with him :lol:

FML ._.

- snip -

Unfortunately I'm among those who may struggle with a 300cc bike because, um, weight.

Is that the MSX 125?

It's easier said than done...

1. My father, who rides a '89 Suzuki GSX1100F, is afraid to get me a 125cc bike, because shit happens, to noobs and dickheads.

2. I still need to be 16yo, which I will in about a month (hype :D)

3. Get my license, which I will refuse to, if my father doesn't want me riding a bike.

That's the deal I'm going to make with him :lol:

FML ._.

Details... :D

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Is that the MSX 125?

It is, but it's also called the Grom in the states.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

It is, but it's also called the Grom in the states.

You 'muricans... :P

-snip-

Bruh

i094864.jpg

You 'muricans... :P

Im Canadian :( Unfortunately, we usually get the same models with the exception of a few special editions here and there.

The BR-Z in Canada got a special 200 unit Aozora Edition (STI wheels + skirts) whereas the US got essentially the same package, but 1,000 units and called the Series.Blue. (Aozora means blue sky)

Folding@Home | BOINC

Bruh

i094864.jpg

I have one of those :D

It stopped working a few years ago  :angry:

I have one of those :D

It stopped working a few years ago  :angry:

How does it handle on the highway? I want one for my daily commute to college...

Chrysler is dropping the Hemi engines from the SRT cars, in favor of turbocharged I4 and V6's.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/srt-hellcat-hemi-engines-might-not-survive-2019-173010561.html

I understand the reasoning, but I dont think they will sell as well as long as the competitors are still using large displacement V8's. 

Why not just use a smaller displacement V8..? Turbo'd i4s and v6s don't make nearly the same sound which HEMI is known for. RIP HEMI.

Watch MotoGP. :P

If you go fast enough, you wont fall.

Doesn't change the fact that it'd scare me.

Im Canadian :( Unfortunately, we usually get the same models with the exception of a few special editions here and there.

The BR-Z in Canada got a special 200 unit Aozora Edition (STI wheels + skirts) whereas the US got essentially the same package, but 1,000 units and called the Series.Blue. (Aozora means blue sky)

Canada belongs to America. :P

Chrysler is dropping the Hemi engines from the SRT cars, in favor of turbocharged I4 and V6's.

hellcat-2019-2.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/srt-hellcat-hemi-engines-might-not-survive-2019-173010561.html

I understand the reasoning, but I dont think they will sell as well as long as the competitors are still using large displacement V8's. 

one question: WHY. Honestly i see no point bc their competitors are still using V8s.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

How does it handle on the highway? I want one for my daily commute to college...

Highway? I only rode it in the driveway :lol:

Canada belongs to America. :P

I thought USA was renamed South Canada a while back (except Alaska which was renamed Canada a bit to the left)...

Highway? I only rode it in the driveway :lol:

Welp.. might still be fun to ride it around uni when going from building to building...

one question: WHY. Honestly i see no point bc their competitors are still using V8s.

All in the name of fuel economy. Same reason why Merc dropped the V12's from the S series. 

However I agree, as long as the Mustang and Camaro are still using V8's, it will struggle to sell in sustainable numbers. 

All in the name of fuel economy. Same reason why Merc dropped the V12's from the S series. 

However I agree, as long as the Mustang and Camaro are still using V8's, it will struggle to sell in sustainable numbers. 

Wait, Merc dropped V12s from the S series? How long ago? now i really lost interest in an S class.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wait, Merc dropped V12s from the S series? How long ago? now i really lost interest in an S class.

Shit sorry, they dropped the V12 in the SL's. Not the S's. My bad. 

The W22x S-Class AMGs still carry the V12, and the S600 Maybach does as well.

11900972_10153433072476815_428415986_o.j

Edit: Pfffft SL :P

Folding@Home | BOINC

The new version has a V8 Biturbo. I cri. <- The S63, because the S65 still has the V12 :D

Shit sorry, they dropped the V12 in the SL's. Not the S's. My bad. 

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/2015-mercedes-benz-s63-amg-v8-biturbo-s63-amg-c-2316.htm